Will Lin Dan fly solo?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Nov 22, 2014.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Like Taufik, Li Na and Yao Ming before him?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No, Lin Dan still want to represent CHN in the world individual and team championships as well as the Olympics, definitely.

Li Yongbo has already debunked the rumour and explained what Lin Dan is allowed to do (as I've posted in the Lin Dan thread).

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Is LYB saying he never heard the rumour before?

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-11-19/11157415779.shtml

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't forget, Lin Dan is patriotic, a loyal soldier to the PLA and a member of BAYI in addition to CBA. At most he will go 'half solo' - as to what that means, wait until the press conference next month for Lin Dan to announce publicly and take all questions relating to it.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think it's not that he didn't hear of the rumour but he dismissed them as just unfounded rumours. As the Head Coach of CBA, I believe he's in the know about some of the things being negotiated between Lin Dan and the other parties involved, maybe not fully but enough to know what is simply untrue.

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Tomorrow is going to be 1st December 2014. Lin Dan conference news is going to be anytime tomorrow onwards.. Fans are waiting to hear the news !

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even before the postponed press conference of Lin Dan's is announced, he has just come out to openly deny he's 'flying solo', as reported here http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-12-25/18437460600.shtml dated 25th Dec'14, 18:43 local time .

From the horse's mouth:"Flying solo, I never thought of that." Lin Dan upon hearing this, immediately deny such talk." It's not so much how big an attention I have created or how great my commercial value is, mostly just the wish to break free from some of the National Team's restrictions, and hoping I could go further and be freer. Actually as far as I'm concerned, I will always remember it's in fact such a national team that enables me to produce one world championship after another."

"Supposing I'm from Malaysia or Indonesia, for that matter,I should realize that with my own great effort, I might at most achieve one world championship or two, perhaps none at all. It is precisely because I have such a great national team here (in CHN) with so many outstanding coaches working hard for me and supporting me that I could as a result garnered 18 world championship titles.That's why, for me, I have never thought of going solo."

The way Lin Dan sees it, "Many in the media and my fans may be thinking Lin Dan is not wearing Li-Ning's, that means he wants to go solo, but, to me, I've never thought of doing so. Just as many in the media have asked me,'As a soldier, how can you wear a tattoo?' Regarding such a question, I've never avoided it, maybe in the process of tattooing, I may have violated the military unit's rules somewhat, but wearing a tattoo doesn't signify disloyalty to the unit (armed forces, the PLA). I have never ever thought of transferring myself to other units, to offer them my services,because from young it has been this unit (CBA) that fosters and nurtures me, as such I wish to continue serving this unit."

Lastly, the reporter asked Lin Dan about his current military rank to which he answered somewhat uncertainly,"Captain."

[ If I've misinterpreted or mistranslated any of Lin Dan's words, please feel free to correct me - Justin].

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Tks for translation, Justin...

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks for the translation!