Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah I know bro but the specs are part of the nicghe I like.

2. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

I have 1 JS BAO with me right now. 3U feels right, frame is strong at 27lbs.

Hitting feeling wise... I still prefer my MX80 with a notch of head heaviness feeling in it. JS BAO feels just too balanced. It might suit those who likes BS12

3. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Most importantly, how's the feel?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

JS 10 initial impressions

Specs dry: 81.8g(!) total wt, 36.1g(!) head wt, 297mm bp

Coming from my go-to XP70 (84.0g, 37.6g, 299mm), initially I was afraid the specs were too light, but...

Whoa! With the smaller frame and that bp, this thing swings and feels more than a little bit like the smaller brother of the 4U VTZF1 (82.3g, 38.5g, 315mm) that I had a while back. That one was too head heavy and stiff for me so I sold it, but this JS10 feels only moderately head heavy and not as stiff.

Much more manageable. Fear not the RRI of 10. It's no where close to MX80 stiff.

Compared to my 3U JS8PS (85.3g, 37.5g, 297mm), this JS10 interestingly swings slightly heavier and meatier, but is strangely faster thru the air with a higher pitch. Must be better aerodynamics from the smaller frame and thinner shaft.

The shaft is longer by 1cm or so, which contributes to a slightly whippy action if you so desire. But the head certainly doesn't feel laggy in explosive swings.

Didn't get a chance to fully play games with it. Will do that tomorrow hopefully, and also will pay attention to the feel, which at first impression seems to be normal. Will report back tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, some pics as promised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#284 visor, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Ack that made me sad haha. Too bad I don't have my BS10 with me. Would be fun to test side by side when I eventually get the noney for it. I greatly await your review on the feel

Also is the handle the same length or shorter? Because I'm lookong at your picture with them stacked up. Looks like the 10 has its cone lower down.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, the cone/handle is shorter by 5mm and the head is also shorter by 4mm, effectively making the shaft longer by 9mm.

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Blast. That just made my earlier prediction about it being the BS10 even more likely. But damn. I hate shorter handles reconsidering now

8. visor

visor Regular Member

But maybe the 8PS has a longer handle. Just placed the 10 against the MX80, handle is only shorter by 1-2mm.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I actually like the longer handles they're coming out with in the JS line right now. They're closer to the yonex ones which I have always liked from the Arc and NS and NR lines. Reason being they allow for shorter shafts which generally I find more responsive and less whippy if they're rated stiff

10. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    How does it play when compared to your XP70? As stiff? Less stiff? Do report back! :)

Justin

11. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I did enjoy the stiff/whippy combo of the long shaft in the BS10. Sold due to not liking the head instability. So how stable is js10? It only has to match full Kevlar weave in my current bat :)

12. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Sounds good so far, but still wondering what the stiffness is like. Have you ever used a BSLHI? If so, would be great if you compare the stiffness of the JS10 with the BSLHI.

Did you get it from SOSA btw?

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Haha he already said he got it from Eric a page or 2 back. Plus I'm willing to bet 5 quid it plays stiffer than the LHI.

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have a hazy recollection of him saying that too but looking at the stringing technique, looks identical to SOSA. May be Taiwanese stringers all string the same way.

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah. I've gotten stuff from SOSA before too. They don't have that fat ass starting knot with that flowery look. It's a signature of Eric's plus SOSA has more than 1 stringer too. I've had rackets come in with both 1 and 2 piece stringing with different knots but nothing close to that

16. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Actually they do, I bought two racquets from Sosa recently and it has near identical pattern and knots.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Funny they must have a newer stringer who has the same training source as Eric haha

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Bending by hand, it's in between the stiffness of XP70/VTZF1 and 8PS/MX90/BS11. MX80/BS10 are stiffer than all those. On swinging/hitting, it almost feels like a stiffer and head heavier version of 8PS/MX90, or a flexier and less head heavy version of VTZF1.

It's also a strange but good kind of stiff/whippy combo. Perhaps the last time I felt this way was with the 4U VTZF1...that's why I compared it.

Unlike other stiff rackets, there's a useful whip kick if you know how to generate it with your elbow, wrist and fingers. But unlike other whippy rackets, the shaft doesn't feel laggy and recovers very quickly. Maybe it's the Pyrofil at work...

The result is easy power and very good accuracy. Power shots like clears, smashes, drives go exactly where you intend. Haven't played games yet, so don't know how the smaller frame and sweet spot will do in fast MD games.

19. snowandlights

snowandlights Regular Member

Longtime lurker, newbie poster here...I've just taken a punt and ordered a JS10 4U from RKEP, the specs sounded right up my street! Should be with me in a week or so, when I get it I'll post a little review for you guys if you're interested to hear it!

20. visor

visor Regular Member

A few notes after a few games...

- even though it's a low 4U spec, it swings very strangely and noticeably heavier than my other moderately head heavy high 4U rackets. Like I said earlier very reminiscent of an off spec low bp 4U VTZF

- even though the shaft feels a tad whippy due to the head mass concentrated further out from the handle, the racket is quite demanding

- but then, even though defence is a tad compromised compared to my usual rackets, it cuts thru the air very fast... very little air resistance

- sweet spot is 2-3 cm higher up than usual iso rackets, so took a while to adjust to it, but once I did and get a full swing into it, wow...does it ever pack a powerful punch

- feel is probably(?) better than 8PS... I know, so wishy washy ... but because of the shift in sweet spot, it'll take some more time before I can decide