Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Glad you like it bro =) it will never feel the same haha. Totally different materials and mass.

2. stang1

stang1 Regular Member

haha thanks, i'll try the towel grip format although I may need some powder, tends to slip abit. btw, what tension did you string it at initially? ___ x ____ ? Thinking of replicating it.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    28x30lbs. Powder is pretty easy to get here though.

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

The main problem that I have with BS series is that the frame is so weak. I've now destroyed 2 BS12 from frame hits with the shuttle (but yes, my fault), however I haven't had this problem with any other racket. The racket was strung under the max tension too. I'm sure that the racket will die easily from racket clashes too, so be prepared to buy a few if you want to make it your main racket.

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You must be really unlucky.. the BS frame is actually not that weak despite the shape of the section. I've had my fair share of clashes and haven't had any casualties so far *touches wood*. The paint is quite thin, but the material is quite strong. I've had chips here and there, but nothing too serious.

I've also not heard of many BS frames breaking, certainly no more than other brands.

Are you sure you didn't get a fake? Or perhaps it may have been strung badly?

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I've had the same problem, the frame shape is less stable than the boxier shapes and breaks more easily on contact with the sharp edge, be it frame or shuttle. Clashes with frames are almost always deadly.

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The BS frame. Weak? I deifnitely must deny that. Of all frame types that I've tried in this style of sharp and fast yet somewhat thin. The BS has always come out on top of everyone for durability. And I've been fair by having them strung at the same tension. I have yet to have any BS die on me in a framed shot yet and I don't expect it to ever happen. Any racket will die by clashing no matter how solid it is.

However the JetSpeed aerosword frame is the one that worries me out of everything from victor right now. For me it has held up fine so far past warratied tensions but I have heard enough from friends of JetSpeeds dying in comparison to Nanorays.

8. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I bought them from respectable shops brand new and I string my own (strung over 200 rackets). One was DE code, one HK code and both were 3U. I'm onto my 3rd BS12 3U, lets see how long this one lasts.

Mainly I was surprised that I've killed 2 from frame hits, I'd understand if it was from a clash. Maybe I'll post a picture later when I'm home.

9. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I own quite a few different Victor rackets and BS series always seemed more susceptible. Other frames like Meteor and Thruster have a more round and solid shape, but I guess for me it's an issue with the sharper and slightly thinner sword frame.

I have a friend who destroyed his lightfighter from a non-clash incident though, but with a light racket I wouldn't be surprised.

10. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

Can anyone compare BS12 to a LightFighter racket or Voltric 7? I have no clue about the feeling of BS12 and there is no shop nearby to test it :-/ I am considering shift to high-end racket, either Z-Speed or BS12. Tested Z-Speed and plays nice, not sure however, if my arm can hold the stress of stiff shaft.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well....compared to some other sharper frame designs it may not be weak, but in comparison to boxy frames it really is...

12. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I'd rather not post pics of broken rackets, so here's one comparing all 3 weights :cool:

IMG_2238.jpg

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The 2U must be the players batch, right? How does that feel? Is it any stiffer?

14. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I haven't used it yet because of an injury :( I can post something once I've tried it out.

15. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Is it just me or the markings on your racquets much darker and legible compared to my BS12's? The words and all are much fainter on mine.

16. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I did shine a light right on it to get a better picture. Maybe the serial code or where it was manufactured might make a small difference?

17. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

Quick question guys Im planning to buy a bs12 blue but i am not sure if the rackets are real.

One of them is coded CALIXXXXXX This is made in China
    The second one is coded KRIIPXXXX It is said to be made in Korean
    Are any of those real?

Thank you in advances guys

18. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

That might explain it. I don't doubt that I have a fake as I got it from Eric RKEP. It's just that the markings are much bolder and easier to read on yours compared to mine.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Pictures are the best. And they are all made in China. The 2nd one is a Korean Player Code racket. If it is legit it will have the exact same made in china markings on the shaft despite playing differently from a normal one.

20. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

20150213_091208_HDR.jpg

Here is a pic of the first coded racket.