Yonex GERMAN Open GP Gold 2015 - Qualification to FINAL (24 February-1 March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Feb 23, 2015.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Malaysian back to unforced error habits again

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Ina leading 17 -15 now

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Indonesian girls preservered.. They go to.the finals 21-18

4. alans

alans Regular Member

the pretty woon seems so tired :(

5. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Woohoo...

Della and Rosyta...Salute bow down...

What intense third set, they are bit raw, and need more gameplan on attacking, but overall still good pair to look for in future, thanks coaches for pairing them up

Mas made lots mistake on third esp WKW

Now, go all out on the Danes...

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

There is a lack of emotions between Vivian and Woon. I find that disturbing

7. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Hayom is playing well atm

Head to head is against him though

8. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Wow happy day for Ina camp, Hayom played efficiently and smart attack to finally beat SWH

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I think you are right. Vivian thumb injury does have some effect on the game to a certain extend. Anyway Vivian is always better then Woon Khe Wei. Plus Woon is also easily injured. That is why you will always see her wearing a knee strap. Anyway I think The Malaysian generally must be happy because thinking about it, it is definitely good that Malaysia doubles can reach the semi finals. I think this itself is already a great achievement for them. I think the Malaysian players did a good job overall. It is not easy for Vivian Hoo / Woon Khe Wei to beat Lee So Hee / Shin Sheung Chan in the quarter finals. I think the Malaysian women doubles feels very tired after beating the Korean doubles. However, Della / Rosyta had an easier opponent to beat from Thailand in the quarter finals match so they are less tired. No offence here but I think that the whole Malaysian should be there to rejoice when Vivian Hoo / Woon Khe Wei reached the semi finals. Anyway this young Indonesian women doubles are both world Junior champions who have won lots and lots of junior titles before moving to the senior ranks so I think this itself is an advantage to the Indonesian players. No offence here just my opinion. Then you see if we are to compare Malaysia and Korean performance, overall Malaysian performance is definitely better. Of course I do feel very sad today as Son Wan Ho lost to Hayom Rumbaka today. Imagine during the Thomas Cup semi finals Chong Wei Feng can easily beat Dionysus Hayum Rumbaka in straight sets. Then Hayum won over Son Wan Ho who is so much higher ranked than him. Then another women doubles again lost to the Danish pair. This itself proves that Korean players are getting rusty now. On the other hand Malaysia is better. They send only one women doubles pair and that one and only pair reached the semi finals so that is already an achievement for them. Plus the coach set the semi finals target for them so I think the coach must be happy too now. Anyway I think Vivian Hoo is more to the player who did high jumping smashes from behind. Then Woon Khe Wei is more to the front player who covers the net. However, the Indonesian style of playing is different. They are the all rounder who moves everywhere round the court. I think this itself makes a very big difference. Anyway it is a good match from the Malaysians and Indonesians and congratulations to these two women doubles for creating some big upsets and win players higher ranked than them. Kudos. No offence here but just my personal opinion. So what do you think here? Happy anyway for both of these players. :p:):D;)

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Past performance does not reflect current performance. Hayom was dispirited; he lacked the firepower and will to win in the national squad. Now he is playing independently, he is more calm and he proves to the doubters that he can win against anybody. I hope he wins tomorrow vs. JOJ.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am rooting for Sung Ji Hyun, Hayom and Della/Rosyita to break the European dominance in the finals tomorrow.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry no offence here but what do you mean by lack of emotions between Vivian and Woon? Hope you can clarify this statement. I sincerely hope that you are happy that Malaysia women doubles have finally won the bronze medals. :)

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay thank again for looking up so highly on the Asian players. However, I think that it is going to be tough for Dionysus Hayom Rumbaka to win against Jan O Jorgensen. Jan O Jorgensen has even won against Lin Dan before. It is going to a tough and exciting men singles match then. Ivan Sozonov and Vladimir Ivanov just won against the young Danish men doubles. Again another exciting men doubles final tomorrow of Danish pairs vs Russian pairs. It is going to be difficult for Sung Ji Hyun to win as well tomorrow cause Carolina Marin is a very good player. She won in the World Championship last year. So again an exciting women singles final match tomorrow. Then this Indonesian young women doubles may be good but I think the Denmark women doubles still hold an advantage in terms of ranking and experience. Again another exciting women doubles final match tomorrow. Thanks again for so much updates here. Hope you will continue to update us with the results.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks anyway for the complete updates about the women doubles match of Indonesia vs Malaysia. Anyway did you get to watch the semi finals match live on television? I actually plan to watch the live score only through bwf website because we Korea have cannot watch the matches Live though television. That is what I have been doing to know the players scores. Anyway it so happen that I was sleepy and fell asleep so I miss the whole match. By the time I woke up the whole match is over. Its okay I manage to find the match on youtube so I am now downloading the match to watch it later. Thank you for your updates anyway. :):D:p

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Danish players rule the day

I think that this will be the best ever finals for the Denmark players. Imagine 5 of the Denmark players reached the finals and I am sure this Denmark players have the ability to win the gold medals tomorrow. They have representative for men singles, men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles. Wow what a great achievement. The Danish have already secured a gold and silver medal tomorrow because it will be a Danish pair vs another Danish pair tomorrow for the mixed doubles event. Wow I think this is the first time I get to see a Danish mixed doubles vs another Danish mixed doubles in the finals. Thanks for the updates everyone. And hi hi who you all think will win the finals tomorrow? :):p:D

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An impressive run by Hayom, he is on a roll suddenly. At the rate he's going here, I think he's a fighting chance against JOJ tmrw.

Sung JH vs C Marin might be 60-40 in the former's favour going by their recent form. But not being able to watch the matches so far,there's no way to tell the form each player is in, so it's just my gut feeling. However, with the live telecast for the finals available, we may or should be able to gauge their respective performances better, as they are familiar contestants.

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

You know right since no CHN and the best of best of INA XD and MD here it is a free reign for Denmark which happens to be the only European country who can play excellent badminton.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Anybody can beat anybody here. Don't count out the Asian countries ok. The last time Marin won one SS was all the way in World Championship last year.

She can't even pass Indian Saina in India GP last month.

19. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Hayom is a surprise, he always had the tools but is such a mentally weak and lazy player. Many of Indonesian has given up because he just can't rise to the occasions.

Let's see if he can finally drive away that mental and laziness shackle and be consistent with it

20. Sommer

Sommer Regular Member

student
    Korea was very dominant at the Quarter final but now only one player left in final. i wonder there is something wrong with them or maybe they dont want to waste a lot of energy in Germany since All england comes next week.

Hayom Rumbaka gave me surprise by the way he played yesterday. I agree that Hayom have the potential to be a great player. I remember when he played against Lee chongwei in the world championship, he took the first set as he played incredible. But, he is lacking of winner mentality. if he could play the way he played yesterday, i think he have the chance to get his first winning against Jorgensen.

I think Marin shouts louder than Maria Sharapova :p

I look that Rosyita is promisisng player for Indonesia. Good to know she plays in higher level since last year she still a junior player and competing in world junior championship.

My prediction for final :
    Jorgensen (i would be happy to see Hayom makes surprise)
    Sung has slightly better chance
    Mads/Mads
    Pedersen/Juhl
    Fischer/Pedersen

#80 Sommer, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015