Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : Round of 16 (26th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 25, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Siri Fort Indoor Stadium, New Delhi-IND

Total prize-money
    : US$275,000

Order of play
    (01.00pm local time, 4 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=8209AD14-E0E9-4A86-B7A5-545F63DAEC31

New Delhi time
    : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

Round of 16 will offer more interesting duels as expected to entertain badminton fans.

MS, two first round All England rematches are on course, home hero Srikanth will set revenge over Momota while 7th seed Wang ZM also eyes reversal of result against Ueda. Danish leading player Jorgensen and Chinese ace Lin Dan looks indisputable to book last eight spot. The close duel may happen between Tommy Sugiarto v Wei Nan.

WS, it's still smooth ride by top contenders, Nehwal and Marin also Okuhara as well. KOR promising talent Kim Hyo Min has bright prospect to upset 7th seed Yip PY, China sole representative Yao Xue will take on Japanese challenge, Mitani. Two Indonesian WS journey may find ending today unless 20 years old Ramadhini could eliminated Taiwanese Pai YP whilst Firdasari has an uphill task to stun Intanon.

MD, tight encounters at bottom half of draw will pit Ivanov/Sozonov v Kang J/Liu C and Japanese duo Hashimoto/Hirata v Chen HL/Wang CL. At top-half, we'll see the battle of CHN-DEN back up pair, Wang YL/Zhang W v Astrup/Rasmussen. Boe/Mogensen, Liu/Qiu, Chai/Hong and Endo/Hayakawa have the upper hand to seal last eight berth.

WD, the potential long duration will be presented by Kakiiwa/Maeda v Chang YN/Yoo HW and Luo Twins contra Fukuman/Yonao. Tournament favourites are predicted have no serious threat to go further.

XD, both INA combinations Jordan/Susanto and Subaktiar/Widjaja have tricky opponent, HKG Chan YL/Tse YS and MAS Tan AQ/Lai PJ respectively. The rest of last sixteen ties are quite predictable, top-seed Fischer/Pedersen along with two fast improved CHN young XD plus on-fire Kolding/Juhl will prevail.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

TS is again facing a battle vs. Wei Nan today :(

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

High possibility it will be marathon clash, h-2-h => 2-0 favours to Wei Nan, Incheon AG individual event and HKG SS last year. Good luck Tommy!

4. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    As usual, terrific preview of today line up matches, CLELY. And yes, all the best for the rest of INA players here. They actually need to perform better when their senior not here, lol. As for INA WS, I really couldn't believe we still lack of it up until now. I mean, even couldn't find one...? Duh. :(

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Aulia, did you read Kompas.com yet ? Bambang Suprianto claimed INA WS can be competitive only in 4/5 years in the future. No target at all for current players.. that is very lame excuse. :(

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Pai Yu Po ranked #29 vs. Hana Ramadhini ranked #78 :(

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ The style of YPP is very retrieving and smoothly defensive..although she can smash when get an opportunity..
    Well Hana R is expected to do it as she is playing good lately!
    If she manages to build the aggressive and stay quick at the base line.. I don't find any argument against her..

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

3 INDIAN MS players playing back-to-back in the main court today wooohoooo!!! it is going to be Boisterous today inside the stadium in New Delhi !!!

#8 indrg, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The 1st game starts in 30 minutes any live stream please.....

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I really didn't like the schedule of today's TV court lineup
    Why are they broadcasting this Ma's duo's second consecutive encounter.. They are not seeded, not the favs and even doesn't belong to host nation.. I don't find any supporting point for this..anyone?
    Secondly they aren't broadcasting JOK vs HS prannoy... The Ind is much improved and also stands goog one victory over his opp (h2h)...
    Of course PK vs XS is also interesting :p confused :D
    They did one good job i.e, WS I would love to see RI breaking the h2h jinx against the veteran from INA...
    XD hmm its good but the German's aren't a illustrious :(

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Mads/Mads vs. Danny/Chayut is exciting to watch. Danny can't serve low. Chayut even though bigger than Danny, he stays in the front.

I like Danny's never die attitude.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Expecting the same!
    Yesterday they had 4 Ind..
    Well we don't have any problem with that..As we can see a better WS match today
    Go RI..we are rooting for you.. Show your elegance and each the finals!!

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

15. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    indrg, no, I haven't read it yet. And he said that? NO TARGET AT ALL? How about one free electric shock in the head every week until that 4/5 years. Ouch. Well, can't blame them all though, 'we' are busy with stupid showbiz every night. T_T

16. Jopie

Jopie Regular Member

17. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

No live streaming coverage but Hana Ramadhini seems doing great against PYP

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think Hana Ramadhini has good potential after seeing her played at the Kopiko League.

Pai Yu Po shouldn't be playing two disciplines, esp singles and doubles, but two doubles disciplines may be viable - if she is serious about doing well.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I think she is still unsure of her strengths..
    Even after playing WS for a while we have seen her at her typical style of play and hence she is yet to achieve fame..
    Maybe somebody adviced or believe to play and warm better at doubles discipline!!

Anyways I was just wondering if INA coaches can pair Gloria with some more stronger and experienced partner. She is so talented and extremely promising.. I think they have found somebody to replace Lilyana in near future(in XD)... I have seen her playing well before also but today she really impressed me!!!

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As I speculated Hana Ramadhini emerged victorious after a marathon...
    Congrats