Maybank MALAYSIA SS Premier 2015 : Qualifying & R/32 (31st March & 1st April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 30, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Well, the World Champion prevails, 22-20 / 21-16. He did amazing comeback at first game also credit to Ueda who still delivers stiff resistance in game 2.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    CL doing a LD in the 1st game?

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

CL is still in and out of his A-game and his shabby B-game. Among the top players, only LCW is consistently in his A-game, along with a credible B-game.

4. Airos

Airos Regular Member

After what Chen Long did today, I am worried about Kashyap. It doesn't look like he has any chance tomorrow.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WXL/YY having a hard time with the lesser known JPN Fukuman/Yonao, one set apiece and a mere 2 pts ahead in the third.

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Prannoy Vs Lin Dan! Mouth watering clash. Does anybody sense an upset? :cool:

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why BYJ always bumped into WSX? H2H 1-15 in favour of WSX.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, one here!!! With LD nowadays, impossible is nothing.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Tomorrow's schedule is out. See here.

TV court should be court 1 and transmission should start at 5.00pm local time.

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Hi Nokh, Prannoy is vastly inexperienced and still needs another 3 years on the circuit to improve consistency. He made silly mistakes against Victor and lost in the India SS. But you are right anyone can have one dream day to upset a top player. Lin Dan also has no match practice coming into this game. :)

11. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    Lol, it is not done. I've just seen the draw of the Asian championship and they will likely meet in the second round.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I saw him play last week. He has some good smashes. Just need to pace himself and with intelligence and exuberance, he might just do it. An upset once in a while is good.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The first round match is finally over today. However, I couldn't help notice that some big upsets have been created by certain players. Here are some of the upsets created.

1. Sol Kyu CHOI / KO Sung Hyun Korea win China FU Haifeng / ZHANG Nan 21-13 21-12
    Until now I couldn't believe this result. Who would have thought Zhang Nan / Fu Haifeng both great players will lose?

2. Isabel HERTTRICH / Birgit MICHELS Germany win Korea LEE So Hee / SHIN Seung Chan 14-21 21-13 21-14 1:05.
    This is also unbelievable. Imagine the German women doubles toppled a highly ranked player from Korea. Anyway congratulations too to the German women doubles. They played very well today.

3. Anggia Shitta AWANDA / Mahadewi Istirani NI KETUT Indonesia win Denmark Christinna PEDERSEN / Kamilla RYTTER JUHL (2) 21-18 21-9 0:34.
    Till now I cannot believe this score. Who could imagine a women double ranking no 2 in the world can lose to a lower ranked Indonesian women doubles? Until now I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Well anyway congratulations to the Indonesian women doubles. They really played very well today.

14. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

I just checked the result today......Anggia/Mahadewi beat Juhl/Pedersen:eek: At least Juhl played really well in mix

15. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    All the Indian are pitted against Chinese except WD . Its high time to see who dominates .

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

4 out of 6 CHN MD pairs are now out. 3 Koreans MD, 3 Dens and 4 INA MD pairs (2 national PBSI and 2 independents pairs) remain.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    With my previous one... I completed 1000 posts..
    Congo to me lolz :p
    Am I the fastest one to do that (just wondering) ;)

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    AP/JG are surely loosing tomorrow!! No doubt
    As far as ties featuring INd Vs CHN are concerned
    SN vs Xue Yao ...the W#1 must win.. And she'll if she isn't too tired!!
    KS vs THW ...I think after being featured in all the matches of last two tourneys.. KS is way too fatigued, and after just winning by a whisker against RO it seems to be difficult!! Moreover THW really schoked me today
    HSP vs LD
    PK vs CL
    Whatever people say.. I bet it'll be easy for CHN top2

20. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    Seriously you guys need to chill. I mean, can we stop the one nation vs the other one let's see who dominate sort of "discussion" already? Indonesia, Korea, Denmark, China, Japan and the used to be powerhouse Malaysia had been powerhouses for like forever and the fans don't say let's see who would dominate whenever the players from these countries meet. Is it that important? Can one match really show the domination of one country over another? Are you so desperate that you have to do this at every single freaking stage of every single freaking tournament? Stop already. I'm tired of seeing threads after threads being closed because of this sort of nonsense.

Furthermore, the players are individuals, they are themselves, not the countries they represent. It's one player vs another player, not one country vs another. If you really love badminton, nationality should not be an issue. You of course can support the player representing your country but there's a limit to everything. This useless, pointless, time wasting type of argument is getting annoying and out of hand. Just stop already. Seriously guys, please stop. If you don't have anything else to say other than this, just shut up.