Maybank MALAYSIA Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (4th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by aulia, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    she can work on her movement and recovery to a) the forehand return of smash and b) forehand forecourt area.

It's painful to watch her lurch to those areas on defensive shots.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

You have access to all her results?

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Even if LXR were fit, it would have been close. Yes a fit LXR probably would have had the edge, but Marin carries no mental baggage against the Chinese unlike Saina or Ratchanok. Saina is so obsessed with your people. I can't recall the last interview of her I heard where she didn't mentioned your nation.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    She lost all of them. Didn't she? Most from advantageous positions and after effortlessly dominant performances in the previous rounds

5. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    but she has worked on and improved her deep forehand corner hasn't she?
    i mean she is looking much better then before.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    In a January interview with NDTV, she mentioned that for the last 7 months (in January) her focus has been forehand. The same points you mentioned were mentioned. Part of the conversation is in Hindi. This is after SSF and before SMGP. The interviewer told her that he has been informed that both Gopi and Vimal are unhappy/annoyed with her forehand.

http://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/videos/walk-the-talk-with-badminton-champion-saina-nehwal-351664

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be honest, after reading some of your posts, you earn my respect. Believe me, I wasn't referring to you at all.:)

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Tremendous improvement there. Every coach has noticed. Not just the Chinese coaches. When she plays with 2009 like freedom and the execution is right, she is a joy to watch.

9. *___*

*___* Regular Member

FWIW Li Xuerui is the betting favourite for tomorrow at 1.65 (60.6%), Marin is 2.23 (44.84%)
    Marin was 6.00 for the WC final.

It is far too soon to write of Li Xuerui.

10. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    yeah. .she is not a natural player like most of the china ws players or say inthanon, whatever she has achieved or will achieve in future is all due to the amount of hard work she has put in and she has achieved nothing less if we look into her results and consider how young she was when she burst into the international scene and started giving hard times to the bests in the business, so many greats have come and gone but saina has stayed there with her tremendous work ethics and consistency and that is why i sometimes feel how easy it is for some posters here to disregard her achievements. .which is kind of crazy, it must be tough being a "Saina Nehwal" carrying all that burden of whole nation when there is no one else to share it, she hasn't been very lucky in that department.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Marin was 33% according to the bookies today. I predicted a walloping for WSX yesterday in BC. I have to admit we were both proven wrong. I never expected WSX to recover so well after Okuhara

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

OK. Hindi is not one of my strong points. I need to work on it one day. :)

I saw in the third game, Li Xuerui hitting smashes down Saina's forehand. Saina does get them back but she is lurching rather than moving smoothly and doesn't recover the centre of balance at all well. Is it tiredness of a third set? Probably/possibly not as we can all see a more athletic Saina.

Is it mental tiredness and anxiety that becomes more apparent in a third set and then this affects the movement making it revert back to the inefficient style. Quite possible.

Is her movement to these areas better than before? Actually, yes...but....still not good enough to prevent it from being a liability.

Have to say. The match was good value for entertainment.

Li Xuerui played it really well with some very powerful smashes down Saina's forehand, a few cross court fast drops to Saina's forehand forecourt (forcing Saina to bend down). Then Li switched things around and concentrated shots to the backhand. Thus Saina became faced with the dilemma of which side to cover in defense. What I worry is this being exploited again in very stressful situations such as the world championships or other SS finals.

13. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Which bookie had Marin at 3.00 for 33%? Highest price I saw was 2.50 for 40%

I did expect an easier win for Marin vs Shixian.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

aha! Perhaps you are disregarding Sindhu's two World championship bronze medals too quickly ;)

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Sun Yu's game is more than ready, of what I saw of her in the two times I saw her this year. (AE SF and MO QF). Looked much improved than what she did vs Akane at the China Open.
    However she needs to work on her mental fortitude at clutch points, else she will turn out to be another WSX/WL/BCL for you people.

How is Han Li shaping up??

How do you rate Japan's chances in the SC? Are you guys apprehensive? They seem to be the only team that posses the arsenal to step up in the court with you guys.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

probably the bookies read badmintoncentral and reworked their odds. I'd still take them.

Yeah. Wang Shi Xian's scoreline was impressive considering the previous days long match. Wonder how she managed to recover so well.

17. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    i am not disregarding any of sindhu's achievements, the truth is sindhu or say srikanth have burst into scene a couple of years ago. .i was talking about the times when saina was a teenager and doing so well internationally. .and imho she is the most consistent player badminton has ever produced.

18. *___*

*___* Regular Member

I'd be very surprised if Bookies read BC, badminton is small fish to them.

I wonder if anyone has information on hits from Gibraltar or Malta? Thats where some bookies are based

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    90% of it is in English including most of the part where they discuss the technicalities and her competition for the coming season. Will be much obliged to teach you Hindi if you teach me Cantonese/Mandarin. :)

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

it was a tongue in cheek joke:)

Admin can pull out the hits, if you ask nicely. :) I think it's limited to those actually registered.