Maybank Malaysia Open SS Premier 2015: FINALS (April, 5th 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by aulia, Apr 4, 2015.

1. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    mal.jpg
    Total prize-money : US$500,000

BWF Superseries website : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/

BAM website : http://www.bam.org.my/

Ticket information : http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/sports/badminton/1554499-MMO-SUPERSERIES-2015.html

Kuala Lumpur time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=17390&forma=Find Time

Order of Play (01.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...9DF254-6C04-4D4F-BAD9-38D0E93FD0FB&d=20150405

Luo Ying/Luo Yu (3) vs Chang Ye Na Jung Kyung Eun
    H2H 0-0
    A scratching pair from Korea able to break the dominance of CHN great wall yesterday and manage to be in finale today. Luckily, they will meet a not so scary pair. Despite seeded 3, the twins never been a pair that sent a shiver like their older compatriots. But still, the duo Luo have been in a positive note, winning matches they should to and taking every chances they got. Today's another chance to show the world that they are ready to be the top pair, I guess. Will they able to finish the job?

Zhao Yunlei/Zhang Nan (1) vs Ma Jin/Xu Chen (3).
    H2H 18-2
    Gosh, their head to head speaks for themselves. It's like watching Serena Williams vs Maria Sharapova history result. The last time Ma Jin/Xu Chen beat their superior mate was back to 2011, Li Ning CHINA Masters, through retirement *sobs*. After that, 15 straight times (and many maybe at the practice court, lol) ZYL/ZN come out as a winner when they face the later. Lets see if they would give us a different result. After all, they've been the top two pair for most of the time they playing.

Chen Long (1) vs Lin Dan (5)
    H2H 1-7
    Lucky number eight, finally last March in All England, Chen Long able to turn the table against his more fearsome senior Lin Dan. Their semifinal showing us that Lin Dan still has some tricks upon his sleeves, the question is, would he bother to get them out against his compatriot? After all, this title still missing from Lin Dan trophy case, isn't it? He might want to fill that 'blank space'. ;) And hopefully we will have a very good match finale, as we know Chen Long can stand shot to shot with Lin Dan.

Li Xuerui (1) vs Carolina Marin (6)
    H2H 3-1
    The last time they played, Marin played amazing like a free warrior while Li left bewildered about what's missing from her arsenal that couldn't help her winning the World Championships yet again. If their semifinal matches telling future, then I see the All England champion has a slight advantage over the Olympics champion, but... never wrote off Li as she showed us how she handled a ferocious Saina Nehwal masterfully in deciding game yesterday while Marin surprisingly found some difficulties subduing a fighter Wang Shixian. A shrieking princess versus the ice queen. Who would come out on top? We shall see.

Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (1) vs Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (4)

H2H 5-2
    They met more than seven times for sure as they have different partner before. But as we've seen, Lee/Yoo actually owned the Indonesian pair, beating them as soon as they come out as a new pair, the problem is, the later still won the bigger titles so far. Indeed a scratching case for the Korean pair. Still, they are the top seed today, despite some scare yesterday, having face a match point, they able to be in finale to meet the fourth seed. Ahsan/Setiawan meanwhile having a so-so year so far, a great win today should boost their confidence. All the best of luck for two pair. ;)

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    thanks for the preview. This is an excellent tournament with almost the best players in the finals.

LD and CL are the best MS. There's no doubt about it.

LXR and CM achieved the most in WS, even newly top ranked SN is far, far away in achievements, Two Wangs might have achieved more than CM in history, but not the past 12 months.

LYD/YYS and MA/HS are the best MDs too, even though MA/HS's ranking not that high.

ZN/ZYL and XC/MJ are the best XDs for many years.

Only in the WD, both 2 pairs are quite new. Heard about their names, but never heard about them winning anything before.

#2 2cents, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

My only fear is that CL will be instructed to give LD the win. That would be a real shame. We should be able to tell if that's the case - CL will keep rallying without much attacking.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Excellent writing, aulia :) "Ice Queen" Li Xuerui v "Shrieking Princess" Carolina Marin, nice nickname :D

Two, Three or Four titles for mighty Chinese?

WD, second attempt for Luo Twins to bag their maiden SS title, last week they blew away the opportunity and today's opponent is CHN classic foe in this category. Chang/Jung has good attacking style particularly Chang who outwitted Chinese pair yesterday with their precision.

XD, nothing more to say for formidable Zhang/Zhao, don't see Xu/Ma can beat them today, but yeah the Chinese #3 really needs ranking point to stay at top 5 so we may witness the upset this time?

MS, the battle of prestige between current world champion v reigning Olympic champion. It's tough to predict despite Chen Long overcame easily his illustrious senior last month in All England semifinal. Well, both of them have comprehensive skill, solid defense and superb technical ability so maybe only mental toughness and stamina could distinguish them. Who will top podium in Putra Stadium?

China pride in WS discipline relies on Li Xuerui and rematch of Copenhagen WC is long awaited match for most of badminton fans. After thrilling encounter against Nehwal, Li must push herself to be more alert and accurate against aggressive Marin as she produced lots of uncharacteristic errors yesterday. Undoubtedly, Marin is on her top form while Li XR is still unconvincing of her best but nothing is impossible for the Olympic Champion to take revenge here.

MD, equal chance for both pairs despite head to head is favour to the Koreans. Lee/Yoo surprisingly was troubled by Lee/Tsai whom they defeated comfortably in their four previous meetings. Both pairs had dumped their All England dream and today it's first chance to open this year Superseries season with a bang.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I won't be watching. Please let us know.
    But if it is rallying, it is LD's game.

And I remember you are the one who is never wrong. Am I right?

6. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    The H2H between Zhang/Zhao and Xu/Ma is shocking. :eek:

7. racoen_ndonyo

racoen_ndonyo Regular Member

kuli
    My feeling, my prediction, there will be a WO match ;)

8. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    As a new member I am so shocked to see so many violent and harsh comments in the forums. Anytime if there is a discussion about saina it is sure to get out of hand. Lets be peaceful and refrain from posting comments that can lead to vicious attack in the forum.

9. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Welcome and oh, too bad we don't see madbad's ambulance here. Usually it will helps some member who got shocked, but in those case it often caused by a cute player like we used to have from Japan. ;) Don't worry, mods would do something if those conversation got out of control. :)

10. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Thank you, CLELY, I learned from the best. ;) I can see three titles for CHN is possible: MS, XD, and duo Luo would deliver for WD. Four would be a fantastic result. And when I see it again, even WD not really safe. :( As for WS, as far as I like LXR' chance, it still hard to resist the thought that Carolina Marin is peaking. Hard to beat a player in a momentum, no?

#10 aulia, Apr 4, 2015
  11. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    That's mostly because of Saina's hostile and disrespectful comments in the media at the Chinese; coupled with Indian ultranationalists' hype and overzealous behaviour with its rejuvenation - despite the Chinese welcoming it.

12. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Please, i ask everybody not to deviate from the topic. This thread is for Malaysia open SS finals. So, please stick to it.

Nobody in this thread mentioned anything about saina . So, please i request you all not to start it again. :)

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's disingenuous for some people to ignore or pretend not to know LXR's physical condition coming to this tournament and her performance showed despite the wins - hampered movement, sluggish, not attacking much which is her forte, physically stretched, spent, simply lack of match fitness as the two commentators keep pointing out.

It's mission impossible for LXR to win here.

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Sometimes playing an "injured" opponent is harder than playing an opponent who is fully fit.

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, anyone else realise that in all disciplines except WD, the number 1 seeds have made the final? That's not very common in these events!

16. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Six straight points taken by Duo Luo as they leading 14-10 against KOR pair.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Luo twins are still very much grinders but now I see they are trying to play differently, good sign.

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    To be very frank, Luo/Luo have a higher ranking than they deserve.

Rather, the whole ranking system in WD is totally wrecked. The reason being that China is rotating the players so much!

After Bao/TYT won 2 consecutive tourneys, Bao teams up with Tang Jinhua (who I must say is really hot) for the next tournaments. Similar with Tian Qing. Now I see in ABC, Ma Jin is playing with Tang Yuanting again.

To be fair, however you team up the following players, they will still win against any non-CHN pair:

1. Zhao Yunlei
    2. Tian Qing
    3. Wang Xiaoli
    4. Bao Yixin
    5. Tang Yuanting

#18 Devendra, Apr 4, 2015
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chang/Jung are smarter and more creative. They should win it in the end.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree, that's why I don't take ranking at face value unless he/she happens to be really the best.