Gong Zhi Chao

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by John Latham, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Fact -- RH's 8 AE titles / LDs 7 majors
    Opinion -- RH is arguably the GOAT / LDs 7 majors
    Belief -- RH is inarguably the GOAT / LDs 7 majors
    Prejudice -- RH was so scared of the Chinese players he ran away from the Asiad / LCW World No. 1

So did I.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I beg to differ on the fact part. I'm afraid RH's 8 AE (Svend Pri had something to say about RH's 8th title) cannot fully be compared with even Lin Dan's 5 AE as Oldhand opined, let alone LD's 5 WC and 2 OG. That's because CHN was kept out of the competition for political reasons and when she could after gaining entry into the IBF (now BWF), Luan Jin duly beat both RH and Liem SK, two of INA's greatest-ever players.

Besides, during LD's era he also has to contend with several great players like LCW, Taufik Hidayat, Peter Gade, and if you like, Lee HI - the level of competition is more intense and much higher. Unfortunately, the stature of the AE since the inauguration of the World Championships and the Superseries has diminished and been relegated as just one of 5 Premier SS or 12 SS annually. Frankly, I myself would like to see the AE stand out and be counted as a major if only for its long 100+ years unbroken tradition and for nostalgic reason as well as the fact that all the best players with few exceptions make it a point to compete so much so that it's unofficially touted as a mini-WC by the players themselves.

Personally, it's my humble opinion there is no clear-cut winner in WS as to who is the greatest and I shan't go into the debate. But in MS, I've no doubt the great majority would agree with me that Lin Dan is the GOAT, and the scary part is he is still competing and possibly able to carry on his record-breaking feat for a number of years; unprecedented and far surpassing anything like it in badminton history. On this opinion, I'm in good company with Peter Gade, Lee Hyun-il and a few others; even LCW conceded there's only one Lin Dan.

3. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    1. since when AE become a major ?
    remember they say, AE = unofficial world championships ?

(official) world championships = major event...
    unofficial wc (AE) = major event also ?
    so what is the difference between official and unofficial ?

2. you only talking about AE, but what about other events in his era, which Rudi never won 6 out of
    10 - 11 events in his era ?

the greatest but he can't win more tournaments in his era ?

3. can you deny the fact that Rudi affraid to old players like Hou and Tang ?

where is he during 1974 Asian Games ?
    1978 Asian Games ?
    1980 badminton friendly ?

the greatest but affraid to old player ?
    what a joke

and this is the thread for Gong Zhichao (WS department), so we can have another discussion in Rudi's thread, if you are not satisfy with the result that Rudi is not the greatest.

please, reply this fact with your fact, and proved it your claim that susi is the greatest.

no fact means nothing.

oh yes, Susi is not #4 or 5 in WC history, even if we didn't count 2006 and 2010 result, following previous pattern, once in 2 years :

#1 LLW (only 4 editions in Golden era)
    #2 HAP (only 4 editions in Golden era)
    #3 Ye Zhaoying
    #4 Gong Ruina
    #5 Zhang Ning
    #6 Xie Xingfang
    #7 Susi Susanti (6 editions in Silver / Bronze era)

one thing also, LLW won major title at first attempt (WC 1983)...only LXR can do the same (OG 2012).
    what about susi ?
    2nd attempt ?
    3rd attempt ?

so prove it, where is the world record by Susi that justify she is the greatest ?

what can susi achieve that LLW cannot ?
    compare with what LLW can and susi cannot.
    prove it.

as I said before, no fact means nothing :D

everybody can claim that his / her idol is the best.

without fact, I also can claim that Liu Xin even greater than susi. do you agree ? ;)

#123 Fortune, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agree. The above was just and example to differentiate the differences between fact,opinion,belief, and prejudice.

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Relax man. I wasn't comparing. It was an example. Comparing RH and LD as things stand today is like comparing egg and yolk. That was the point, I set out to make. BTW I didn't read your complete post.

For me
    GOAT in MS -- RH/LD (still unconfirmed)
    GOAT in WS -- SS (undisputed) (no offence to Judy Devlin)
    (which reads hypocritical I know, since I am using divergent standards)

For you GOAT in MS and WS are unquestionably LD and LLW. So lets leave it at that.

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    that is because no OG in LLW's era, and less tournament also, that's why it appears as the "negative" points for LLW. but it is not LLW's fault.

when we talk about the same tournament, most of the case, it is LLW who is superior. far more superior than anyone else, including Susi who even can't win 1 title.

may I know what is the Fact, Opinion, Belief & Prejudice for LLW vs Susi ?

and let me know in which part that Susi is superior than LLW ?

7. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student

#127 Fortune, Apr 13, 2015
  8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    [MENTION=98683]Fortune[/MENTION] Chill and stay happy. No amount of typing from you will convince me and vice versa. I thought we had ended this last week. Why butt in again in an unrelated post????

P.S. :-- I will appreciate it if you add me to your ignore list. Thanks in advance.

#128 Fan123, Apr 13, 2015