OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : FINALS (12th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i thought they were in a bedroom together, but it was not "consummate" love, which was the theme of the movie.

[video=youtube;bhwCnL7Tv-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwCnL7Tv-Q&feature=youtu.be&t=3538[/video]

Btw, this movie is about Singapore, at around the time Mr Lee KY founded the city-state.

A perfect movie for this thread at this moment of history.

#681 pcll99, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I am going on record to say I am not a China fan but this is unfair. LXR is a talented player and I think all her titles are well deserved unlike the one ZN and his wife just won in Singapore.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Great soundtrack, composed by a Japanese musician. As the director and actors are HK, we got the perfect setting, like in the MS final, Japan/HK in Singapore

4. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I think he meant the movie "Lust and Caution" which Tang Wei starred in.

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

By the way, I just watched the MS final, a great match, high quality from both players. Bravo

6. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I want to clarify my statement above. I am not a fan of the CBA only and not against the individual Chinese athletes. In fact I am a fan of Lin Dan & Chen Long. They are both extremely talented players and have displayed great sportsmanship. I know both of them had been involved in WO's over the years but I think it's not their faults. They were doing what the CBA wanted them to do. The fault is with the CBA not the athletes themselves. I am sure Lu Kai would be glad to play in the SO finals if the CBA let him.

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Since this is a thread with many Indians and Chinese, I want to point out that 3 minutes ago Sachin met Yao Ming at Laureus Sports Award.

My Predictions :--

Sportsman of the Year -- McIlroy
    Sportswoman of the Year --Serena
    Breakthrough of the Year -- Cilic/James (I find more merit in Cilic's case but LA jury might be swayed towards James)
    Team of the Year -- Germany Football will win but Swiss DC deserve IMO
    Comeback of the Year -- I am Unfamiliar to all nominees
    Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability -- same as above
    Action Sportsperson of the Year -- same as above

8. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/528195/former-badminton-doubles-champ-warns-on-match-fixing

Excerpts:

Indonesian player Rexy Mainaky, who won an Olympic gold medal in 1996, said it was clear the sport wasn't safe from match-fixing and it was vital the Badminton World Federation be more vigilant.

"We have easy access to follow matches online or via live streaming, unlike in my era,"

"Therefore, the (BWF) should take this matter more seriously."

Mainaky said match fixing was rare in badminton but the sport wasn't immune to misconduct, including teams throwing matches when playing opponents from their own country.

I thought this article is appropriate to be posted here since we have been discussing the walkover issue created by China. Even Indonesian Head coach, complained about this it seems.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    do u like it?

[​IMG]

10. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer

#690 twinypalm, Apr 14, 2015
  11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  12. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
  13. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    Imogen Bankier was wrong. There were no rock, paper, scissors playing among the Chinese Players. It must be the junior par who had to give the WO because otherwise how could ZN play in the MD?

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

very true... poor LK/HYQ. This sucks for them. ZN/ZYL do not need another title yet again and on top of that the title came for free too :)

My initial reaction was that the WO would give the LK/HYQ title for free to boost their ranking.

#694 indrg, Apr 14, 2015
  15. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    That's why I said all along that it was unfair for the junior pair. It can only happens under a communist regime. Even if ZN/ZL were to give them their winning check, it's not worth it. Would you be happy if you worked hard to reach the finals and were told to give a WO? Remember it's not just the money but also the glory that comes with winning the title, future commercial contracts, a nice resume for future coaching jobs. And don't anybody argue that it was a lock for ZN/ZL to win anyway. I am sure the younger pair is more hungry for the title. Also it must be on the back of ZN's mind that he would need to conserve his energy for the MD match. To him the MD title must carry more weigh. Think of all the mixed titles he got, how many MD title he won so far? Taken all this into account I am sure the junior pair would come out victorious.

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The real fallacy is being so ignorant (and brain-washed) that you're not recognising your own fallacy. It's actually quite appalling that people refuse to recognise/admit what China (and sure, perhaps some other nations at one point) are doing is clearly against "sports code ethics" or whatever you want to call it.

Ultimately, this isn't something we can prove. Sure, every WO that China (and other nations) have conceded may in fact be genuine and due to real injury. However, the statistics (as provided by limsy etc) provide significant evidence that this isn't the case for the China walkovers. I'd even go so far to say that the evidence is on a similar level to the "fact" that smoking causes cancer (it's not randomised prospective evidence, but it's very strong retrospective evidence etc).

And the fact that so many people (professional and non-professional badminton related) "accuse" China of going against this "sports code ethic" reflects the strength of this evidence. And for the record, I'm actually a big fan of many Chinese players (eg. been a fan of FHF for the last 5-10 years, LD for the last 10 years, WSX for the last 5 years). So for me personally, it's not a matter of being racist or whatever - I'm simply recognising the poor sportsmanship from China.

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

And by the way, the above post wasn't directed at "opruh", a China fan who actually does recognise that China are doing walkovers on purpose, but has implied heavily that it's justifiable to do so. In this case, I guess we all have to recognise that it's good tactics by team China hehe.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

In the USA, season ticket holder can file a lawsuit when such thing happens in such as final of NBA playoff, NFL SuperBowl.

Interested lawsuit attorney would gather many of the spectators to join the lawsuit to recoup their money back.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

What do we think would be the outcome if this had happened at the Olympics? ;)

20. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Do you really think that...Zhang and Zhao on an off day and not at full power could still beat Lu and Huang into the ground. Maybe MD title means more to ZN but that does not mean that him and Zhao aren't a tier above their teammates.

You might think giving WO is wrong or unjustifiable or whatever, and maybe it was or wasn't in this case, who knows, but the outcome would most likely have been the same, Zhang and Zhao coming out with a title.

PS Given the tear that Zhang and Zhao are on pretty sure had the match gone on we would still have seen plenty of angry posters here screaming about how it was staged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.