OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : FINALS (12th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Also I seem to notice a lot more talking about politics in BC in the past couple weeks, some members talking about communist regimes and how people are fake pakistani or chinese conspiring to make India look bad...really?

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Let's not go to the extreme. What would be the outcome if this is All-England, World Championship and/or Final SSP event.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Quite right... and same end result would've happened with losing the MD title...

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Let's also remember badminton was not shown in a good light with the WD fiasco in OG 2012...;)

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The fact that this happens in 2015 by same usual suspect, we can't barely move the needle and badminton can't really make a big impact beyond Asian countries.

6. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Well, sure, I wasn't contesting that point, merely saying that we should not be fantasizing about other forms of "poetic justice"

7. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Thanks for showing your true color! Now you even resort to accusation and personal attack at other member.

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Here is what I meant:
    Mr Cinetti is *supposedly* the guardian of the forum, defender of the much level-headed poster ie. Mr. Justin. Mr Cinetti from what I looked up seems to always pick on Indians in the forum whenever there was a discussion about players from these 2 countries, China and India.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I missed the , :)

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think China gets away with this walkover issue because badminton is not actually that big of a game. For example, the prize money for winning the All England in badminton is about the same as getting knocked out in the first/second round of the Australian Open in tennis. If that's not ridiculous enough, look at women's golf - the Australian Open winner this year won 180,000 US dollars - more than twice the winner of the All England in badminton. Heck, I bet checkers players probably earn more than badminton players hehe.

11. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    Is there any such "Sure Thing" in sports? ZN/ZZL have lost to weaker pair before. Who would say the senior Ind pair would go home empty handed and the junior pair with the title cup in their hands ? or that they beat the number 1 MD pair ?

Even if they know it's going to be a tough match I would think the junior would love a chance to play for the title. I am not talking politics here I just merely pointed out that such a forced WO will not happen in a free country. I think from now on the Chinese junior players will secretly roost for the ROW team in matches involving their senior teams.

12. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I was just referring to the fact that the China team purposely staged a WO to gain advantage on the Ina team to no avail.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I wonder if this will ever backfire on team China - it would look especially bad if former players in 10-20 years time (who have migrated to another country and feel safe to talk about it) give revealing interviews that they were "forced" to concede walkovers or fake injuries. I reckon that would be on par with the Lance Armstrong saga!

14. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    I think in that case the BWF rushed and made a wrong judgment. By eliminating the top ranked teams from other nations and just 1 out of the 2 top Chinese team, they virtually gave the gold medal to China. A better judgement would be imposing penalty for monetary or on future events and let the competition go on.

15. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Who are you trying to fool? It doesnt take an English professor to comprehend your post.

*Defender of level headed poster...* was directed at me, cannot be Justin. I made the comment(keep the forum civil) a few times in this thread. Justin never did.

*Always picked on Indian in the forum...* was clearly directed at Justin.

#715 Cinetti, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think it was the right judgement. What they did is called "match fixing" and should be banned in all sports and severely punished accordingly. I think they should have been banned for at least 2 years for doing that (arguably for life). Match fixing is match fixing. Perhaps they didn't do it for monetary gain (perhaps they did who knows?) in the traditional sense of match fixing, but it's still match fixing.

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yes it was directed at you... No it was never directed to Justin. I apologized for any confusion. I did not mean to point finger. It was a sarcasm as rebuttal. To have a civil forum though, you have rebuttals on all postings usually involving 2 nations.

Thank you

18. twinypalm

twinypalm Regular Member

engineer
    But then you play into the CBA's hand. Who could tell that the Chinese team wasn't given order from the management's team? and what is the penalty for the CBA, a guaranty for gold medal ? You can be sure that this will happen again if the same setting comes up in the future.

19. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

There was no confusion. Sarcasm was directed at me. But you clearly made the accusation and personal attack on Justin.

This is what you wrote. Post 590.

#719 Cinetti, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Well, BWF just need to be consistent for future tournaments too and enforce the "rule". Ban for life for future match fixing. That would be a good deterrent right? CBA will eventually have to stop match fixing otherwise they risk losing all their players hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.