SKYCITY NEW ZEALAND Open GP Gold 2015 : Qualification-FINAL (28th April-3rd May 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 27, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow just look through the schedule for tomorrow and it seems that they will be lots of exciting matches tomorrow. I will definitely stay tune to watch tomorrow quarter finals.

2. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

3. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Mostly because Malaysia is going to field LCW anyway for all the MS matches. But I'd gotta say that this is quite risky as the other MS player in the squad is still a youngster and may not be able to deliver if somehow LCW couldn't play *touchwood*.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

We need Gronya Sommerville photos here ;) :D

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I used Nikon D700 with 85mm 1.8D for most of the shots. A bit challenging using a slower camera for sports, but jeez, these athletes jump so high that during their hang/air time, I can focus, take the shot and also have a biscuit. lol

Mostly 1/1000th, f1.8, ISO800, custom WB. Shot jpeg so not much control over the green reflected tint on the athletes from the green flooring.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Thank you to share here, clear pictures :)

QUARTERFINALS (05.00pm, 3 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...85B01B-43DF-4F43-AF62-EB96BFFE03CB&d=20150501

Some faves were sent packing earlier, Lee Hyun Il and Hsu Jen Hao are predicted to go further, while at bottom half it's wide open for any of 4 players to secure semi spot.

Looks like He BJ will on the way to final four an will face most likely Japanese Aya Ohori unless her compatriot Li Yun could upset this former Asian Junior Champion. Maria Febe v Cheung NY should be tight contest with the Indonesian has slight advantage to step up to next round.

Four intriguing ties in MD, it's hard to predict as this is their first meeting for all quarterfinalists. WD quick prediction, Bernadeth/Pradipta, Fukushima/Hirota, Xia H/Zhong QX and Dewi/Marissa will continue their journey here. In XD, INA dominates this category with 4 pairs at last eight and 1 semifinal ticket has been guaranteed.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    MAS Astro will be showing live on CH 817 for the SF from 7am onwards.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow Lee Hyun Il is going to win the match. What a comeback. He lost the fist set 16-21, won the second set 21-18. The third set score is 12-9 and Lee Hyun Il is leading. Wow so happy to see this old guy back to his winning form.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Here are some of the results for those who might have just miss the match.

1. MX
    ZHENG Si Wei / CHEN Qingchen China win Chinese Taipei LU Ching Yao / CHENG Wen Hsing 21-8 21-19

2. MX
    YU Xiaoyu / HUAN Xia China win Indonesia Andrei ADISTIA / Vita MARISSA 18-21 21-13 21-15

3. MX
    Markis KIDO / Pia Zebadiah BERNADETH Indonesia win Indonesia Fran KURNIAWAN / Komala DEWI 24-22 21-11

4. Followed by XD
    Riky WIDIANTO / Puspita Richi DILI Indonesia win Singapore Chayut TRIYACHART / Shinta Mulia SARI 21-14 21-19

All the MX events are over and we will see 2 China MX and 2 Indonesia MX playing in the semifinals tomorrow.

10. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Huang Yuxiang. What a player he is !! wow.. Just send him to tournaments instead of Wang zhenming. I am amazed.

And what to mention about LHII. He is a veteran. At 34, he mesmerizes the crowd. Fantastic.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow Lee Hyun Il just won over Huang Yuxiang 16-21, 21-18, 21-15. Amazing. Wow still amazed that this old guy here Lee Hyun Il can still win in tournaments although he is old already. Congratulations.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il is already 35 years old this year to be exact. I sometimes think that he is too old to play badminton matches. Wow Lee Hyun Il and Huang Yuxiang both really played very well in this match and there are lots of long rallies too.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Never heard of Li Yun, wonder who she is. BWF biodata states her DOB 1/15/1997, i.e 18 years old now.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao error-prone again but a late spurt saves her G1, 21-19.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee Hyun-il aware he couldn't match HYX's speed and power used his wits and long experience to outfox his much younger opponent. I think the title is LHI's to lose.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

HBJ doesn't like long rallies and Nidaira's retrieving ability, so typical of JPN WS players, is frustrating her into making errors.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Agreed with you. Huang Yuxiang played much better. I myself was quite surprised to see this 35 years old guy winning the match. Anyway anything can happen at the court. Congratulations too to Huang Yuxiang for playing so well today.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay although I don't know who these 2 players are, Aya Ohori just won over Li Jun 15-21, 21-18, 21-11. Congratulations.

Then Hsu Jen Hao just won over Angus Ng Ka Long 21-19, 21-18. Watch the match live and both players are of equal strength. However, Hsu Jen Hao played slightly better and managed to win the match. There are lots of long rallies to in the match.

19. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    LHI playing with APACS ? Or else ??

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay congratulations He Bing Jiao played very well today and she just won over Nidaira Natsuki 21-19, 22-20. Well both players played very well throughout the whole match but He Bing Jiao is a much better player hence she won the match. COngratulations to He Bing Jiao.