Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

FROM AGREEING TO DISAGREEING JUST MOVE ON.

HELLO THERE LEE CHONG WEI HIMSELF IS ALREADY SO PITIFUL. NO BADMINTON PLAYER WOULD LIKE TO GET THEMSELVES INTO SUCH A TROUBLE RIGHT BEFORE THEY RETIRE.

SO JUST GIVE LEE CHONG WEI SOME PEACE AND STOP BLAMING HIM AND ACCUSING HIM AS A DRUG CHEAT.

Lee Chong Wei is an honest person. If he wanted to cheat he would have done it when he started playing badminton at a young age. Why want to wait until 32 years old only do it???? Illogical right. Nobody can understand how Lee Chong Wei felt when he was embroiled into such a mess. Well Lee Chong Wei certainly deserves to play in tournaments. He didn't cheat at all and he is not a drug cheat. Imagine how Lee Chong Wei would have felt when he himself read about all the things written in this forum. It would even hurt him more. So please stop calling him a drug cheat and let him continue to play. Please I beg. He is an honest person. God will never allow a cheating person to win in the court case. God have eyes to see and he will never help a cheater. So the conclusion here is LCW is not a cheater, hence by God's will he win the case. He is a very honest person with no temper at all. He never even once throw his tantrums in the court. He always obey the rules. So why such a good player cannot play? He also never cheat during tournaments. He believes that there is not short cut to success. He works hard to earn points and credit. Come on. Give LCW some peace.

#11582 blabl, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=95181

The last paragraph: There will be no wild cards for the event, with BWF deciding not to use its quota in any of the five categories.

Indonesia too will not issue any wild cards since the hosts have players in all five categories

Now we will see what BAM decides...

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if that's the final decision (ie. after the Malaysia PM visit), then it must have been a tough one to make. and kudos to BWF and Poul Erik for making it. it is definitely not a win decision. the public and governmental pressure is definitely there.

now the next decision lays on another Dane, Morten Frost. to make the choice of who to send. what will he do? will he be given the full power to manage and make decision? or will there be external force, the ones that pays his salary, influencing the decision?

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Strange, that article by Dev Sukumar is dated 6th May and didn't quote who said it. Shouldn't BWF wait until 8th May, the first Friday of May as stipulated in the regulations 3.2.14, to make the announcement? Maybe they didn't want BAM to entertain any false hopes and get on with it asap.

If true, the decision is what I expected.

#11585 Justin L, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  6. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Why kudos ? Even if they had not selected LCW then also some upcoming talent must have been given a chance so to serve the purpose of wild card. It has brought many player to sudden success.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    kudos because either choice is tough. and also not buckling to external pressure.

and i don't mean either choice is right. coz different people have different opinion on what is the right choice.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. that's why i wonder if that's the final decision. and even stranger that the writer decided to just put it at the end of the article as honestly to many of us avid badminton followers, this is the bigger news. :)

9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Not sending LCW to WC will jeopardize his Olympic participation!!:eek: is it worth to risk that only so ZZ can go and probably retire injured in R64 or if lucky R32?

10. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I doubt it'll be such a big deal for OG qualification if he only needs to be in top 16 by May 1 2016.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm sure Morten Frost would much prefer to start his new job on the right foot only weeks into it, making a less than popular decision to deny one of the two WC qualifiers in favour of Lee CW is not exactly hitting the right note even if he personally is in favour of picking Lee CW to go instead.

It would be better for the Sports Minister or some other BAM official to play the bad guy, in my opinion.

12. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Yup agree, Frost cannot be the one calling that shot...especially if people are already going to the media.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The BWF is too shy with its wild card policy. It does not have balls on so many things... And then decide to be stiff on a matter which would actually gives satisfaction to the public... Nonsense

14. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Frost has to be the one, at least nominally. Everyone else is all talk but no walk: "I think ..., but I will leave it to ...".

Frost is the hired gun. The worst case scenario for him is to pack up and go home with a handsome settlement. The others who actually live in Malaysia for good will face criticism from one side or the other for the rest of their lives, and beyond.

15. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    It will all be a big game of chicken...

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    which is the more popular decision thought? giving the spot to LCW will please the government and the public. but it will also means internally players will likely feel unfair. to further complicate the situation, ZZ is independent so BAM really shouldn't need to care much about him technically, and to be honest if LCW didn't get into this doping thing ZZ will never have gotten the spot anyway.

i wonder what conversation will go on next time Poul Erik and Morten sit down together in a pub.

17. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Of course Frost will pick if he's allowed to by BAM. He won't have a problem with that. It's his job.
    Making a mistake, in my opinion, would be to not harvest the medal that are at stake. The tough choice is not picking LCW. It will be to pick who'll join him. If I was about to pick, I'd go for the future. None of the players will bring home a medal this year. One of the two players will never in a million years win an olympic medal or WC medal. The other might. And Frost have to work towards that.

My $0.02

18. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I suppose some of you guys are just hell bent on labeling Chong Wei as a drug cheat, but guess what... BWF doesn't give a rat's a*% what you think. It is in the BWF's best interest to see LCW participate. Besides, I'm very sure ZZ will be given the boot to pave way for Chong Wei if a wild card isn't granted. Isn't this the kid who proudly sent a warning to CW and Lin Dan back in 2011 when he won the World Junior Championship? His achievements since then is nothing but disappointing on an international stage. ZZ should just stay home and save that money he would otherwise waste by participating in the World Championship.

19. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

My post from March 24:

Had BAM had the foresight to lay out a clear frame of reference a few months ago for the two affected players to compete fairly for the remaining spot, the situation would probably not be so difficult today.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

I don't see BAM or Morten having any difficulty deciding... the 3 players will just have to decide themselves with 3 way matches. The best 2 will go...simple.