Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. there is no contempt of the badminton court. every time you step into the court, respect the court, kiss the court, play with your maximum effort, play with maximum heart, and wipe the sweat off when you are done, and bow and respect the badminton court, ala Nozomi style.

bow.jpg

2. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I find it amazing how both her and Ratchanok are so respectful of all the court officials.
    At the same time she has amazing fighting spirit too. Furious and courteous, that's how any elite athlete should aspire to.
    But perhaps that's starting to stray off topic a bit much :rolleyes:

I'm actually very interested to see what BCers think should happen in terms of who BAM chooses.
    Kwun, would it be reasonable to ask for a poll?
    I personally think that ZZ pays out of his own pocket, and really neither ZZ or CWF are going to win anything, so might as well let ZZ play WC2015 to invest in the future Malaysian player. CWF deserves to pay because he's been solidly representing Malaysia without fail during the entire scandal. LCW is the only real medal hopeful out of the three, but really doesn't deserve special treatment because he did fail a drug test, regardless of doing it unintentionally.
    It's going to sound controversial, especially on a LCW thread where LCW fans read and support him, but I genuinely think it'll be the right decision for LCW to sit this one out. Regardless of what BAM does at this point it's going to be one of the 3 situations:
    1.ZZ and CWF go, public goes crazy because their mighty Dato is left out
    2. ZZ and LCW go, BAM gets formal complaint from CWF, possibly lose a member, and get a bad rep for choosing favourites.
    3. LCW and CWF go, BAM gets backlash and criticism for choosing their own players and not based off of ranking.
    It's really a lose-lose-lose situation.

3. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

shortbread.jpg
    According to the Butter Cookies war thread in the Danish forum it's the Walker's all butter shortbread :D:D:D

4. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Contempt of court only applies to actual courts, in other words, the court of law.
    I'm afraid the badminton court doesn't count, nor does the BWF.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When is the latest date that BAM have to make a decision?

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ^^^^^^

May 14th.

Read here.

7. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Unintentional or not, there' s still a violation when it comes to doping rules.

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    And when did is say it counts . I gave an explanation of how things work in real world and related to BWF .

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    thanks. I put a poll up. Pretty interesting to see the results of popular opinion.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Its good to be back

[​IMG]

LD: Would I see you in the upcoming WC?
    LCW: (Scratch head).. umm, maybe yes and maybe no.. Everything I leave it to BAM ;)

11. sh_shashi1

Student
    That Chinese coach ( sorry I don't know his name ) doesn't look a day older since way back. Nice to see them smiling though. :)

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

it's funny to see ppl that always claim for justice against what Team China (more specifically LYB) did in sacrifice of some individual player to favor Team China's winning chance.
    but when it comes to this WC's case of LCW (they own favorite), they are favoring similar mindset: let LCW play instead of the other two, who will not win anything anyway... for me, this is in similar nature of asking player B to lose to Player A when the team thinks Player B will not win the forthcoming matches anyway.... exactly their previous allegation against Team China...

what an ironic double standard...

hope i will not see an ironic poll result like i said...

#11693 Jonc108, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

You're not far off,
    So far the BCers are saying ZZ shouldn't go.

15. sh_shashi1

Student
    Do you think it is new ? They cite the case of medical certificate for defending WO and now alleging LCW even when he has got the legal remedy .

16. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    There are those that sell traditional medicine, traditionally passed down through generations, who purposely add in steroids. The apparatus that was used when grinding/mixing the cordyseps or ginseng or what not are not "clean" too. Cross contamination are bound to happen. There's no GMP for these small shops. You may even find sweat and grime from the perspiring uncle in this hot & humid weather accidentally added in. And also add in some vehicle exhaust/dust when the herbs are laid out to dry in the sun with cars/lorries passing by before the encapsulation process. Even worse, when they knowingly buy and add stuff in whilst not disclosing them to unsuspecting customers. All for greedy profit. Hey, no harm done. No one's hurt. The world just go round and round....till this somebody failed a doping test and now the whole world debates on it.

17. sh_shashi1

Student
    True . not need to be dumb not to understand

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Then all the more, whoever it was ought not to have sent the cordyceps to such a shop for encapsulation in the first place. And shouldn't the NSI nutritionist at least check the source and conduct some test to ensure they are safe, i.e. "pure cordyceps with no additive"; true, there weren't any problems with contamination for many years since he started taking the encapsulated cordyceps from that shop, it still begs the question," How did it happen this time and why of all contaminants, dexamethasone?".

Do bear in mind, we aren't talking about just any athlete but a world class top professional, Malaysia's most famous sport icon carrying the nation's hopes. How can we allow such slipshod practice? Shouldn't extra precaution be taken when in doubt?

Imagine if it were some other steroid additive/contamination found (purposely added by the non-GMP shop?) , then we'd be forced to ask how dexamethasone got in there in addition to the other 'new' steroid, thereby seriously complicating the case and making it worse. If that happened, it would be next to impossible for LCW to get away with a reduced eight-month sentence, the consequences might probably be dire, a career-ending one.

19. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Can you provide me with a reason to add dexamethasone into cordycep capsules?
    Dexamethasone is a synthesized chemical. It doesn't just occur naturally. I'm not in Malaysia, and am no expert in traditional medicine making. The detail of adding a steroid sounds dubious to me, it simply doesn't make any financial sense. There really is a lack of incentive to place a steroid in cordyceps when the cost of steroid is greater than cordyceps. They'll break their wallet before they make a profit off of that.
    Plus, you're assuming LCW got the cordyceps from a corner shop where there is no quality assurance.

Perhaps I am too foolish to understand that a multi-millionaire with a support staff in the dozens must get his cordyceps from Mr. Shady Herbalist when his livelihood depends on not doping and physical performance.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Published: Monday May 11, 2015 MYT 3:23:00 PM
    Updated: Monday May 11, 2015 MYT 4:28:02 PM
    Chong Wei in, Wei Feng out for World Championships

by rajes paul

World No. 41 Zulfadli is set to feature in his first World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

World No. 41 Zulfadli is set to feature in his first World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

KUALA LUMPUR: Former world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei will go for this year’s World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16 after all.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) dropped Chong Wei Feng, 27, to accommodate world No. 46 Chong Wei although the latter did not qualify on merit.

Wei Feng and former world junior champion Zulfadli Zulkiffli, 22, made the cut based on their world rankings at No. 31 and No. 41 respectively.

BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff said that they picked Chong Wei to feature in his ninth world meet because he has the potential to win it.

“Just look at the way he played in the Sudirman Cup (against Lee Dong-keun of South Korea in a opening Group D tie. Malaysia eventually won 3-2). He was exceptional,” said Tengku Mahaleel after chairing an emergency exco meeting at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

“We strongly believe that he has a better chance to do well at the World Championships.”

The Sudirman Cup was Chong Wei’s first tournament after serving an eight-month ban over a doping violation committed at the last year’s World Championships in Copenhagen.

On the decision to drop Wei Feng and retain the independent shuttler Zulfadli, Tengku Mahaleel said that the association believe in giving younger players opportunity to prove themselves.

“Our system in BAM has changed. We believe in giving younger players more opportunities. In the ongoing Sudirman Cup and the SEA Games, our technical director Morten Frost chose a group of young and senior players. He gave players like Lim Yin Fun, Cheam June Wei and Goh Jin Wei the chance to play in major tournaments.

“Wei Feng is an older player and he has played in two previous World Championships. We felt that the younger Zulfadli will benefit more by playing in his first World Championships,” he added.

Wei Feng will still be part of BAM’s big plan to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/05/11/Chong-Wei-will-go-to-world-championship/