Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Akiel

Akiel Regular Member

Wondering who is the best women net player in malaysia

goh liu ying
    ng hui lim
    woon khe wei
    lai pei jing

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry no offense here. I noticed recently that both Chan / Goh has won the gold medals in the recent Polish Open. Well after not playing together for one year and when they play together again this year, I am so amazed that they can win a gold medal. Wow. May I know who is the higher ranked mixed doubles player in Malaysia? What about Tan Aik Quan / Lai Pei Jing, Chow Mei Kuan / Wong Fai Yin and Shevon Lai / Tan Chee Tean? Among this 4 pairs which is the better pair?

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I really realized that ever since Goh Liu Ying played together with Chan Peng Soon they have been performing well, Last week they won the Polish Open gold medals. This week despite their third tournament together, both of them have already reached the semi finals in the France Open today. Good. I will be staying up today to watch their semi finals matches live today. Just now I watched their quarterfinal match versus the top ranked Scotland player Imogen Banker / Robert and I am very impressed with their skills at the court. They won the match 21-16 24-26 21-16.

I realised that Goh Liu Ying serve is very good. In the third set of the game when Goh Liu Ying is serving, Malaysia get 9 points in a row. Wow that is really an excellent display from a player who has injured her knees and just came back to play after surgery. I believe they will win the semi finals match vs Germany today. Congratulations. Hope they will win the gold medals again in France Open. :)

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

5. visor

visor Regular Member

With this pair, most of the time, the weakness lies in CPS. Whether they win or lose depends on his playing condition on that day.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Agreed with you. Chan Peng Soon service is not so good. However, for this 3 recent tournaments, Chan Peng Soon had played really well. Both Goh Liu Ying and Chan Peng Soon are able to compliment each other well to win the match.

I just finish watching the live match of Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying vs the German player and once again they won the match 21-19, 11-21, 21-10. Wow I must say that I am really impressed with them. Now they will play in the finals tomorrow.

If they are able to win the tournament tomorrow I am sure their world ranking will rise up to at least 70. Good job done. They already have a good starting point this year. :)

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I managed to watch the Orleans Open final matches live just now. Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying won the first set 21-11. Big marginal score. Unfortunately they lost the second set 17-21 and the third set 19-21. Anyway congratulations to them for entering the finals and won the silver medals. I think Goh Liu Ying / Chan Peng Soon have a right future together based on their current performance. I am sure their world ranking will break into top 100 by next week. This week their world ranking is 118. Good job done. This is their third tournament together and they won the silver medal. Very good starting point for them.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow recently I realised that both of these players have been playing well. This is their fourth tournament together and I already see lots of good sign. They have been playing very well in China Open this week. En route to quarterfinals they won against 2 MX from China straight sets with big marginal scores too 21-14, 21-13 before they reached the quarterfinals. Tomorrow I hope that they will win in the quarterfinals and proceed to play in the semi finals. All the best.

9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Happy Birthday, Goh Liu Ying 吴柳萤

Happy Birthday, Goh Liu Ying 吴柳萤. Best wishes :p

Happy Birthday Goh Liu Ying (MAS) 2015-05-30.jpg

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So pretty....

11. bengyeam

bengyeam Regular Member

watched this 2 played in sea games against singapore pair today. amaze with the way they switch racket

12. whyau

whyau Regular Member

IT consultant
    #452 whyau, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  13. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Great job on the SEA Games finals. The loss was down to bad luck and bad line calls.

Really good showing from this pair... glad they're back in top form. A joy to watch.

14. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Agreed with you, actually they have pull off a great performance but maybe today is not their day.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes so sad to see both Chan peng soon / goh Liu Ying lose the match today due to poor line calls and poor refereeing. Luck is not on their side today. However this 2 pairs have already been back to their top form and at their best now so they have nothing to lose now. Congratulations to both of you. Deep in my heart both of you are the true winners today.

16. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    What racquet does she use? I cannot figure...see Victor but don't think is K15.

17. whyau

whyau Regular Member

IT consultant
    still NRZSp I guess, within 3 months' transition/grace period

#457 whyau, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  18. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for reply. But this racquet is discontinued for 2015? Her racquet the cone is orange but cannot see such a racquet in victor online catalogue.
    What's she changing too? X800?

19. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    GLY used a Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed racket, meanwhile CPS used Yonex Z-Force II racket and both with Victor logo stencil.

Well, in my opinion is quite unlikely both of them will change to Victor racket in this period due to they are catching up in the world ranking (currently rank 48 in BWF ranking) to qualify for 2016 Olympic Games, I guess Victor allowed them to temporary use Yonex racket up till they are in a save ranking point, maybe after they reached world no.30 and above.

Lastly, I think if GLY change to a Victor racket, she should consider either JS10 or HX800. Both racket are quite similar to her current Z-Speed.

20. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I still find it strange that she uses a Z-Speed as its specs at least do not seem to match her game. However, I haven't tried a Z-Speed for myself so I don't know how it plays.