Yonex Open CHINESE TAIPEI 2015 GP Gold - R/16 & QUARTERFINALS (16th & 17th July 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Chinese Taipei Open / Russian Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow random Taiwan dude just won 6 straight points against LD. Never thought I'd see the day.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

it's a part of YONEX LEGEND VISION.

3. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

And what if Chen Long, him, doesn't?

4. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    If we are thinking about olympics, everybody needs to gain his. Next summer you can not use ranking points older than one year.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Lol,What a pathetic smash from Lin dan

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Taufik Jr. beats Rumbaka easy 21-16 21-14

7. Nine Tailed Fox

job well done,Mr. Dan.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Tomorrow Lin Dan vs Taufik Jr.

9. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    Are they going to be on the main court?

10. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

If not on ct1 or ct2 I will go to Taipei asap to watch :D

11. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    haha i should do that too given it will be friday and work is slow, plus hk is just 1.5hr flight away hahaha

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Since Lin Dan's comeback, his smash is not as good, not as lethal, as LCW's.

In G2 with LCH, after gaining a commanding lead, he apparently lost interest, appeared bored, treating his young opponent like a sparring partner, and made a series of easy,uncharacteristic mistakes before taking the final two points. On the whole, an unimpressive victory by Lin Dan as compared with how LCW dealt with WZM just now.

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

I cannot go, I just checked flights (for fun) and it will take 29 hours and cost me 4000 usd for a single ticket to Taipei from my holiday destination:p

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Tomorrow will be the battle of Wangs.The winner will go to Rio.Expect a blood bath type of match.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Can't wait for Chen Long to give LCW his first official defeat since comeback.A Prisoner beating will be welcomed too.After that 21-2,i am way too much excited for this one.

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I won't agree this time..
    Even if WYH wins I am pretty sure she has no chance of getting her birth fixed (of course things can be diff if she wins the WC this year; highly improbable)
    SY lost today to RI.. Had she won today against in form Thai ballerina she could've managed to stay in the race!! But as of now the player I think has a sure shot spot is WSX (LXR is second but unchalangedly second)

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Hope WSX squashes WYH in straight sets.I was pissed when LYB didn't choose her in Sudirman cup.

18. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

It's a strategy to stop LCW tmw.. I was there and I overheard WZM coach said to WZM "can you lift half court to LCW, we want to analyze his smashing technique" :I

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

QUARTERFINALS (12.00pm local time, 2 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...089B9C-2419-418F-BA33-904828BCE203&d=20150717

Well, the quarterfinal is arriving and some high intense clashes are on the way to follow...

Big match or match of the day should be none but Chen Long v Lee Chong Wei, too bad these two prominent MS players meet so early due to the Malaysian low world ranking. It would be equal chance for both top guns, who have the better strategy this time? One intriguing tie involves Danish #1 Jorgensen against local favourite Chou TC. Defending champion Lin Dan gets INA young hopeful, Anthony Ginting and another bright talent Heo Kwang Hee will challenge HKG veteran Wei Nan.

The Chinese trio march on to last eight, two of them will face each other, Wang Yihan v Wang Shixian. Their compatriot Li Xuerui takes on tough test, former world junior champion Nozomi Okuhara. Another two quarter contests will pit top seed Ratchanok Intanon v Bae Yeon Ju and home hero Tai Tzu Ying v resurgent Sayaka Sato.

In MD, we'll see two ties of INA v KOR. The formidable Lee YD/Yoo YS has Pratama/Suwardi while recent world champion Ko SH/Shin BC will test Ahsan/Setiawan. One interesting tie at stake, rematch of Sudirman Cup final last May, Endo/Hayakawa v Fu HF/Zhang N. The battle of young combo, Fernaldi/Sukamuljo will up against Inoue/Kaneko, both pairs created upset at first round to eliminate Lee SM/Tsai CH and Chai B/Hong W respectively.

Four nations have two representatives each at last eight round, CHN, INA, JPN and KOR. Strong faves Matsutomo/Takahashi and Luo Ying/Luo Yu have Korean opponents, Go AR/Yoo HW and Chang YN/Jung KE respectively. Last year winner Maheswari/Polii will take on resilient Matsuo/Naito while China new experiment WD, Ma J/Huang YQ who succeeded to dispose Danish established pair Pedersen/Juhl yesterday will face INA scratch pair Bernadeth/Lejarsari.

Two of three INA back up pairs find hard task today, Jordan/Susanto v Liu C/Bao YX and Alexander/Oktaviani v Reginald Lee CH/Chau HW. While Widianto/Dili will be challenged by unpredictable Korean XD, Shin BC/Chae YJ. Highly favourite Zhang N/Zhao Y has familiar foe Ko SH/Kim HN to chase semifinal berth.

20. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

have been looking around for today LIVE TV broadcast of Round 8 matches.. Seems like they will only broadcast on Semi final onward.. what do you think?