Yonex Open CHINESE TAIPEI Open GP Gold 2015 : SEMIFINALS (18th July 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Chinese Taipei Open / Russian Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jul 17, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Venue
    : Taipei Arena, Taipei City-TPE

Total prize-money : US$200,000

Tournament website : http://www1.ctb.org.tw/index.asp

TPE time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

SEMIFINAL Order of Play (12.00pm local time, 1 court) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...089B9C-2419-418F-BA33-904828BCE203&d=20150718

Both CHN and INA have guaranteed two final spots through WD and MD respectively. China has 7 reprentatives in semifinal, followed by Indonesian with 5 slots. Host last hopeful, Tai Tzu Ying and Chou Tien Chen will challenge the Olympic Champion for final berth.

After blockbuster match yesterday when Chen Long experienced near losing situation against his arch-rival Lee Chong Wei, the recent World Champion will up against Wei Nan, rematch of Incheon Asian Games semifinal. His compatriot Lin Dan has tricky test Chou Tien Chen who shocked favourite Jorgensen at last eight.

Two exciting clashes in WS, both Ratchanok Intanon and Tai Tzu Ying will face their nemesis, Wang Yihan and Li Xuerui. Looking at their limping head to head stats, both Chinese players are favoured to seal the match but we'll see whether those highly talented youngsters will finally score the winning this time or not.

As predicted, Lee YD/Yoo YS, Fu HF/Zhang N and Ahsan/Setiawan cruised into final four, the surprise semifinalist is Fernaldi/Sukamuljo who performed superbly here. Interesting tie to watch Lee/Yoo against Chinese combo Fu/Zhang while INA #1 MD will face their juniors to chase final ticket.

Defending champion Maheswari/Polii has tough foe, top seed Matsutomo/Takahashi and it will be close contest. Another semifinal tie will pit Ma J/Huang YQ v Luo Ying/Luo Yu as the latter has advantage to through into last round.

None of the Chinese powerful quartet entering semifinal round, a surprise outcome in this category. It's INA v KOR today, Jordan/Susanto v Ko SH/Kim HN and INA young combo Alexander/Oktaviani against Korean relatively new pair Shin BC/Chae YJ. Sensational Alexander/Oktaviani stunned top ten ranked XD pairs, Lu K/Huang YQ and Reginald Lee CH/Chau HW en route to semifinal.

BWF Youtube Live Streaming => https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

LIVE TV (started 12.00pm local time) :

1) Shin Baek Cheol/Chae Yoo Jung (KOR) v Ronald Alexander/Melati Daeva Oktaviani (INA)
    2) Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v Wang Yihan (CHN)
    3) Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA)
    4) Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR) v Fu Haifeng/Zhang Nan (CHN)
    5) Lin Dan (CHN) v Chou Tien Chen (TPE)

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

good selection for tv matches

3. wetsvandal

wetsvandal Regular Member

Actually from what i saw from yesterday match between Pratama/Suwardi vs Lee/Yoo. The Ina pair has realistic chance to take the match. Angga front play is superb he also has power too (for this match in my opinion he is better than Hendra Setiawan)

he need a better partner, Ricky is quite temperament, unstable, and make too many unnecessary error that make them loose momentum

4. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    I will watch match # 4&5 only

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'd have replaced the first XD match with TTY vs LXR.

6. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Back players like Zhang Nan, YYS, Ahsan are rare. great at the back but also awesome at the front. Both Ricky and Angga need more suitable partners, they are both front players.

I disagree Ricky is bad, I think Ricky plays safer and is more aggresinve at the front court plus he always helps the rear player while Angga is kinda stuck at the front court and doesn't bother to help the rear player. Angga should take a note from LYD and Hendra on how to help the rear player and rotate.

7. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I still cant believe Zhang/Zhao lose again twice in a row against Kim Ha Na and Ko Sung Hyun.

Whilst Towi/Lily havin hard time beating them, they should learn from this Korean pair.

8. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Also Greysia/Nitya are facing Jpn pair 4th time in a row in this tournament, this time top seed, hopefully they can win.

9. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Ronald/Melati are superb form beating top pairs left and right, but I think their run will stop at sf here.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay no matter how much I want Lee Yong dae / yoo yeon seong to win this match, I have to admit that they are going to have a tough time vs angga / Ricky. In their previous encounter before this, it was angga / Ricky who won the match so it is definitely very difficult for Lee Yong dae / yoo yeon seong to win today. Well I reckon that this will be an exciting match to watch today. Then also congratulations to ko sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na for winning the tough match vs Zhang Nan / Zhao yunlei yesterday.

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, me too, but I suppose all disciplines have to show up

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Zhang Nan is not a back player, he is (in MD) the front player (relatively so).

13. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Bizarre WS Semifinalist Stats

These are very bizarre H2H records among the four WS semifinalists, a mixture that one may not see again for long long time to come...

Bizarre H2H records for the semifinalists.jpg

Pretty soon we gonna see whether the heavy losers of these H2H records will be able to patch their big holes or not in these extraordinary match-ups. These matches should be quite interesting.

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think RI and TTY are starting to peak now, while WYH and LXR may be past their peak. Let's see. Of course, would be more interesting if Carolina Marin was involved too - World and All England Champion.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I will watch match #2,4 and half of 5.

16. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    What a great decision by the Chinese Taipei host to play all the semifinal matches one after another, this kind of arrangement is similar to what the table tennis has been doing in its major tournaments.

Look forward for more GPG/SP/SSP organizers to implement the same scheduling practices, as well as improving better Live Coverages: quality Live Streaming if possible as not to rely solely on the few sport network monopolies, as of earlier stage (R/32 or at least R/16)... haha...wishful thinking maybe :D

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    More than 10 hours of non stop badminton for those in the stadium and with live stream.

18. yingchai

yingchai Regular Member

consultant
    anyone has the recorded match between LCW and CL on Quarter finals?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    this korean girl is quite good.