Carolina Marin: Spain

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by scuInd78, Nov 23, 2011.

1. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Swimming is good for you harmstring muscle and knees too but don't over do it.

2. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Well if it is a stress fracture in her foot, I can only think that swimming will replace most of the weight-bearing exercises she was doing beforehand to maintain her fitness.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

We can see some sort of weight beside the pool. So it is probably not simple swimming, but some fitness movements in water

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

El Confidencial |

"Marin will not be at 100% at the World Championships",says Coach

Carolina Marin is the current world champion badminton and from 10 to 16 August will have the chance to defend her title at the World Championship in Jakarta (Indonesia). But before getting to this appointment,at the moment in Huelva, she has had to work against injury because of a stress fracture she suffered in the fifth metatarsal of her right foot and that has come to jeopardize her participation in the world championship. Less than a month before the World Champinship, the player and her coach, Fernando Rivas, told El Confidencial and give clues about how is current condition of the reigning champion. "I will not reach 100%.That's for sure. I and my coach have assimilated that, but I will try to be in top condition ",said Carolina

And recent weeks have not been easy for Carolina due to an injury which has complicated her workouts in Huelva.Her coach, Fernando Rivas said, "Carolina could be better. Unfortunately, she has a small stress fracture. Luckily, it was not that serious and was caught in time. It has needed medical care, we have lowered the amount and intensity of training and we have adapted to the new work plan provided that she will not reach her 100%. In this tournament, we will have to use more head ".

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Hope she will recover soon, i scare she might not able to retain her title as she is not 100% yet. Better chance for her opponents out there to claim the title due to her injury, if not she might simply win the title

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Reference for this article?

7. Nine Tailed Fox

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  9. Nine Tailed Fox

"Recovered from injury and will be at 80% heading to the World Championships"

Untitled.jpg

10. racketman123

Dentist in training...
    I thought she would end up going.

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It is difficult to know how much this is reflecting reality or communication strategy

12. dexterc

dexterc Regular Member

government employee
    Doing well in jakarta open

13. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

at 80% fit can reach the final. If 100% fit, she'll definitely win the title. But, watching all her matches at the WC, I would say she is at her 101%!

14. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

Yes, unbelievable. To put it in other words, she (and her team) raised her level during the tournament.

She was rusty in the beginning but surprisingly more comfortable against familiar rivals she used to beat.

15. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Congrats to Carolina for winning another world championship and proving that her performance at this event was no fluke and that she's here to stay for the long term!

I'm actually quite glad that China's dominance over women's singles has been broken up. Really glad to see people raising their game, finding their motivation and inner fire, and really taking it to the Chinese. Carolina Martin really sets an example I think to all players that China isn't invincible even with their massive depth of previous women's singles champions (olympics, world championships, all england, etc...)

16. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Especially against Sung and Saina, she was kind of losing focus for a moment and down by 5 or 6 points, and all of a sudden, she seemed to be able to switch to a higher gear and got 6 or 7 points in a row. Not many players to do that probably except LD. If she can stay focus the full match, she could be very unbeatable.

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I actually think she "thought" she'd only be "80%" fit, as she only put in "80%" of training leading up to the tournament, due to her injury. However, it appears that she underestimated herself. As has been noted, she has the ability to step it up when needed. And at 4th-5th gear, she is untouchable. Only the umpire can beat her hehe.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol..... yeah, what's with that umpire that day...

I think I can make an alarm ring tone out of her shouting "Carolina! Carolina! Carolina! Carolina! Carolina! Carolina!" :D

19. racketman123

Dentist in training...
    That's actually a very good point. She's a wear your heart on your sleeve kinda girl and has been seen to be susceptible to the odd telling off by an umpire and it seems to have a bigger than normal effect on her.

20. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    The referee of the final is from China. I was wondering why she kept calling her name over and over but didn't see her doing anything wrong like delaying games .... Maybe this is another strategy from China to slow her down.