TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2015-Day 4(13th August 2015)- ROUND of 16

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah. Otoh, Srikanth will have more opportunities, while Hu Yun's are limited....and if your fav loses to someone, Hu Yun is definitely someone that makes it easier to bear. I mean, the guy is so calm, composed, has great sportsmanship...one of my fav. players personality-wise.
    That's when. I realise now that it might have been unlucky phrasing, otoh - no one else has won the number that LD has. 5WC, 2OG, 5AE, 2AG...it's difficult to compare the pre-2000 players to those after, but there are only a few who come close. Kim Dong Moon and Park Joo Bong come to mind, PJB being especially talented in all 3 disciplines.

2. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Don't take this as an arguement bhai, just a healthy discussion and sharing of opinions.... After all everyone is entitled to his/her inferences.... I am a big LD fan and a devoted to Tendulkar/Barca... But have to respect great opponents who have given us immense pain (like Zizou) even if grudgingly.... And I agree, as a cule I probably am extra tough on Messi, since for us if we win 5 titles a season, the question is always about the one we didn't.

3. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Nope. The badminton scene was less competitive back then. Players were less fit. Prime Rudy Hartono would get owned by LD. Actually, prime Rudy Hartono would probably be beat by any of the top 5 ranked players today. Not to mention Rudy Hartono got most of his major wins when China was absent from the badminton scene (albeit, he did get to play against Chinese players at the tail end of his career).

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    To get players who won multiple-majors in all three disciplines look at pre-1960s players.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Overlooked that. Annoying as hell when she gets going!

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Here comes the obvious.... and how was that Rudy's fault???

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Damn after KS and HSP's early exit, Lahiri misses a 3 footer for birdie that would have taken him to T2.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Looks like now we have a new king of troll lol. Used to be a SG guy. ;)

Am one of the most senior here. So, try not to compare players. Each has their class. Respect them.

Else KARMA happens to you, just like today. Zip your mouth a bit ok? Enjoy the game. lol. ;)

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Wow... Upsets! Upsets Galore today! I am glad INA has other XD, MD and WD pairs besides TA/Natsir and Ahsan/Hendra to compete with ROW.

Looking at the lineup tomorrow, the organizer might as well put ZYL/ZN vs. Debby/Jordan on court #1. All INA are playing on court #1 already :)

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    We do respect them all. :) And for Karma. Tomorrow we will win. :)

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Hi galaxyduo,
    If you have not been born before 1970s then you have never seen the greats of badminton in the past. There is no way you can compare the old vs. the new. The equipment was different, the level of competition just was not the same. It is just not fair comparison and foolish to try.

12. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

The same way Chen Long's win last year was questioned by everybody because LD was not included in the World Championship. We then see Chen Long lose to LD at the Asia games.

It wasn't Chen Long's fault LD was not part of the 2015 World Championships. Yet most doubted Chen Long was truly the World Champion last year when a more capable World Champion in LD was not part of the tournament.

BTW, I'm talking about 2014 LD. 2015 LD is a disappointment and I can't see the 2015 LD beating the 2015 Chen Long (maybe this year LCW will finally get his win over LD at a major tournament besides AE).

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I was born in early 70s. I only caught a bit of Rudy Hartono. I watched Lim Swi King's era and all the INA greats.

14. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader

"Speech is silver, silence is golden; speech is human, silence is divine". -German proverb. ;)

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

who SG???????

16. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

although many people call taufik hidayat, lin dan , lee chong wei, peter gade as "The Four Kings" i believe they reached their peak performance at different time span.

peter and taufik had their peak performance in early 2000's era (before 2006). lin dan and lee chong wei had their peak at late 2000's era (after 2006).

so we cant really say "taufik 2005 WC is better than any tournament LCW" or otherwise.

i'm taufik fan, but i believe lin dan is trully the greatest of all time..

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

What is sad about SK's loss, is that I doubt HY can sustain his good performance, while SK could have given us a very good match tomorrow.

For Messi, of course he is under Zizou!
    and a bit like LCW : very good but when playing for the biggest matches, he cannot fully deliver.

For LCW, I agree with his presentation by J4ckie, except that 2011 WC was superior to me. What a match!

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Naitivity and stupidity shows when you try to compare. Learn to enjoy badminton and life. ;)

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Naivety or nativity??

20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

whom i have compared?and what stupidity are you talking about,am i insulting people here?Ask [MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION],i have even appologised people when i feel i have offended them even a tiny bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.