Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. aylf24

aylf24 New Member

Student
    Hi guys thanks for the comments. Yeah the low contact point on overheads is something i'll definitely work on fixing. I know that sometimes I do it correctly when just playing for fun but it's harder to implement it correctly at a tournament without more practice. Regarding clearing too much I realize that I was too passive in that respect but it's probably because that was the last match of the night and I didn't have too much energy left at that point.

2. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

Talking bout rotation:

2nd rally: Your partner needs to stay in the front after his decent aggressive return. you move to the back.
    1:57: I would recommend you to stay in the back, him in the front...
    Seems a bit like a general thing, he always wants to go to the backcourt...;-)
    Furthermore, you sometimes are little far apart from each other. I would try to have little more "compact" formation.

At the net, you're sometimes a little hesitant. You guys seem to prefer playing in the back. (which might be a reason for the aforeentioned rotation-issues...;-))
    Polish your netplay, that helps SO MUCH in mens doubles.

Would love to see you up against better opponents, that one was quite easy...

3. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software
    Hi All,

Myself Sriram, Here is my video. I am the dark color shirt with spectacles playing in the video. Suggestions are welcome.
    Also, please suggest to my friend Harsha(cream color shirt with spectacles) as well. we are learning, and would like to improve our game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9O9idqTcZA

4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Hello! & I believe you take the shuttle to low thus losing angle. You should also learn footwork! As it helps you move more efficiently around court. Especially the split step, when you go back to the middle you do a tiny hop right before they hit the shuttle so you're ready to retrieve it.

5. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software

Thank you, will try to improve my footwork.

Any other comments about my friends - Harsha ?

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I would say the something & try not to backhand as much? It's better to use overhead, however I was noticing you rally half court and watching your grip it doesn't seem proper, & best way is to hire a good coach!

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Try to learn proper footwork, there's a ton of videos out there, watch both those explaining it and actual match footage of WS (MS players move in an entirely different fashion which you need way, way higher fitness levels for).
    Do footwork drills with someone watching you from the outside, ideally either a good player or someone with a good eye who has seen those videos. Best way would be to get a decent coach for that.
    To get into shape to play badminton, your partner should probably try and lose weight and get into running. To be blunt, he cant move in the necessary fashion to play badminton properly as his legs are unable to support him on lunges and he really doesnt seem to be moving well at all.
    Third thing - lower tensions and get shuttles with proper speed. Yours are WAY too fast. Neither of you has great technique, yet you hit shots almost across the whole court with little finger and wrist actions. Playing with that kind of shuttle speed will get you into wrong habits and also leave you unprepared for proper shuttles.

Sorry if I come across harshly. I'm not trying to put you down! Keep playing and enjoying it, that's the most important thing!

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Agree with that!

murthy: I also suggest you to look at footwork and start to use split step as a top priority. Also look at grip guides, e.g. badminton bible and on youtube, as I believe your grip is not correct.

Similar concentration on footwork would also help your friend. He also lets the shuttle drop too low, especially when a bit late in the rear forehand corner he lets the shuttle drop nearly all the way to the floor. You simply cannot get away with doing that when you have a correct speed shuttle.

9. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software
    First of all, thank you all for watching our video and suggestions. As you can see i am new to the forum. And just wanted the world to see our video, and there by get some inputs.

@ Jackie: You didn't hurt us at all. we like your comments. Actually I forgot to mention that we use mavis350 (plastic shuttles). The problem is that we cant afford the maintenance of feather shuttles. So using plastic ones. and same is the scenario with coach.:)

Coming to badminton - we actually play for fun :) we thought it would be better if we can get some ideas from others, to improve our game. Hence is this post.

we are not professionals, just part timers :) So no worries. But badminton is our passion :) Thank you once again.

May be after a few months, I can post another video after improving the game.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, as far as I know the plastic shuttles come in different speeds too, right? You should go for a slower one than you're currently using, if available. While it will still not be the same as a real shuttle, you should not get into bad habits such as letting the shuttle drop too low at the back of the court. Also, you shouldn't play with tensions higher than 25lbs using plastic.

11. Curtismq

Curtismq New Member

12. Curtismq

Curtismq New Member

Here is an up-to-date video I recorded today :) I am the closer player to the camera, all black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEF0JtFp2Bw

Again feel free to check out my channel... I am hoping to keep posting videos and training things so I can document my progress. You can even look back to my videos uploaded over a year ago... Man times have changed!

13. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You've even gotten way better since atlantics a few months ago.

14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You've even gotten way better since atlantics a few months ago.

15. Curtismq

Curtismq New Member

Thanks! Small world, who are you? :p

16. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Hey Everyone,
    Another video to share with you all.
    At the moment, I feel that I lack in my consistency which needs improving but I'm starting to play a lot more as I'm heading to University and I hope to make the team.
    Please comment and give me advice to help improve :)

[video=youtube;v6oyQflpaXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oyQflpaXo[/video]
    In this video, I'm wearing white shoes and slightly taller than my partner.

[video=youtube;twfNiPonHuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twfNiPonHuc[/video]
    In this video, I lacked focus... Wasn't playing intelligently and cost my partner and I the game.

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Just looking at first vid:

Serves look pretty bad...

Serve returns are all lift/high drive to rear corners (until right at the end then you won two easy points...).

These are two pretty important aspects :)

#2337 amleto, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  18. Capo_Asif

Capo_Asif Regular Member

Administrator
    hi all, posting a video of myself practicing, playing a 2 Vs. 1 practice match. focus of the video was on my footwork only. sorry for the quality of video (that was the best one available :p). please comment and any room for improvement i need to work on. thanks all

Asif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nMiFoULMP0&feature=youtu.be

19. thlim78

thlim78 Regular Member

A video of my social game (I'm wearing grey shirt with black short).
    My style of play is very laid-back (not aggressive enough).
    Give me some advice how I can further improve my game.
    Thanks.

[video]https://youtu.be/KIzb7h7504E[/video]

20. sebastientromp

sebastientromp Regular Member

I can't watch your video, it looks like it is private. Could you set the privacy level to "Unlisted"?