Yonex Open JAPAN SS 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (11th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

gonna be tough for LD

2. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Someone mail this to Gopichand with the addendum:---

INDIA - 0 players

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Oh what a surprise, sun rose from the east today morning [MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION]

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I predict Akane routing WSX in 3..... Don't call that an upset coz that will soon be the norm.

5. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

no he didn't 'have plenty opportunities'
    Tian focused too much on LD's backhand but we all know that LD backhand technique is quite good and LD did pay more attention on defense,which made Tian's attack less aggressive
    And Tian didn't have enough chance to play forehand
    And LD forced Tian to change his paces and that was why he played a lot of clears.He didn't choose to do so,he had no other choice
    And then the game was totally turned into LD time

Tian is a good player but perhaps he adores LD too much and he plays like LD too much
    as I said before it's too hard for him to win real LD

6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, THW played wrong tactically.

There are plenty of options when receiving a clear, you can do fast drops, half-smashes or punch clears, but why go for the high deep clear several times and give away the initiative?

7. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

because he couldn't keep up his own pace and when he was forced to run on the court easy clears would be the best for him to keep rally going.I mean he might not have the nerve to think about options rather than clears as he must hit the shuttle back first.You should notice that even during the last points he still kept long rallies with LD.
    I don't know if you play badminton or not,but according to my own experience when you cannot keep your pace and when your opponent makes you run as he/she wishes,to keep the rally going is already difficult

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

You are talking about THW as if he is some sort of amateur player... :rolleyes:
    Of course professionals do think about shot choices all the time. Maybe not when they are under immense pressure in defense, which was clearly not the case here.

Check out his match against LCW at the Australia Open 2013 to see his real capabilities. :)

Yes, I do! :p

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

A well known feeling for me I'm afraid

10. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Tian was surely under immense pressure,although more mentally.
    As I said he plays like LD too much which means when he plays against LD his opponent will know almost all his movement and show him the better way.And also LD know too well about his weak points.
    Tian should stop copying current LD and be more aggressive.When LD was at his early 20s he was one of the most aggressive players.He changed his style around 2010,at the age of 27,to keep his body in fit situation.

BTW Chinese players are somehow 'good at playing against LCW'. I think they must have some kind of database on how to beat LCW.If Momota or Chou has the chance to train with China for a while they also will make big troubles to LCW

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yes, LCW is China's opponent No. 1 in MS. They get coached extensively to beat him, whereas we could see them (for instance CL) struggling against other, weaker opponents.

12. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Poor LCW,he plays against the whole team of China:rolleyes:

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Whoever partners with ZYL is an instant lucky winner. She wins again with completely new player who has never paired with her before : Zhong Qianxin.