Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 4, 2015.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

No doubt that the officials manipulate draws for certain purposes... supposedly the enhance "the image of badminton" etc...

2. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Have you ever read the link I posted?

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Predicting the Semi finalists for MS and WS
    Lee Chong Wei,Lin Dan,Kento Momota,Srikanth.
    Saina Nehwal,WSX,WYH,Devilina Marin

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

No CL? ???

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

fox, you imply that LCW will defeat CL in the quarters...

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I think Chen Long will avoid facing Lin Dan in the semis now since he has won Korea Open recently..And if LD wins this SSP,he may do the same in French Open..

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I guess Fox you have a point.. But then this means he must loose LCW in QF..
    Which I don't think CL's conscience allow him to do.. Rather he gives a WO or defeats LCW and then loose his compatriot.. This is surely a better deal as nobody would mind loosing to someone of your own nation and such high persona ...

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Only time will tell... Ahhh I am getting anxious I wish I could fasten up things

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Also Vittinghus can give CL a hard time in the second round

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

MAS players route predictions (where they gonna end according to the draw) in Denmark Open:

MS:
    Lee Chong Wei - R32, R16 or QF

WS:
    None as no representatives

MD:
    Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong - R32

WD:
    Vivian Hoo Kah Mun/Woon Khe Wei - R32 or R16
    Amelia Alicia Anscelly/Soong Fie Cho - R32

XD:
    Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying - R32

#50 ngkt67, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ Why are you being so harsh on LCW bro...
    I don't see PK or WN stealing even 1game from him and yes as he has provided with such a cruel draw yes QF exit is written on the wall unless CL is unfit

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Takuma Ueda has withdrawn and Ajay jayaram is promoted to main draw and is going to meet Hans Kristien vittinghus in the first round and not LINDAN. And ofcourse if he passes to next round, he is sure out of the tournament. B'coz he will meet Chen long in second round.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ good news for AJ although his fate may still be the same as HKV is no pushover and along with crowd support it shouldn't be much difficult for him to deny the challenge from the indian

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #54 pcll99, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hmmm I understand what's cooking up there mate... But do you still think Sun YU has chances to qualify for RIO
    According to me the probability got further down when she couldn't win SCG open moreover it took everything out of her even to defeat her young compatriot HBJ... Who is still not much experienced and still not polished enough her opps and OG will not allow her to stand a chance..
    Just my opinion

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Of course Sun Yu's chances of going to Rio at this very moment are not very good.

But a few things to bear in mind however:

1. Sun Yu's head-to-head against Marin is still perfect. Marin is obviously a major (if not the No. 1) threat to the Chinese. Wang Xin had a perfect H2H against Tine, and Wang Xin is from the same province as Zhang Ning and LYB.
    2. Sun Yu is also from the same province as Zhang Ning and LYB, just like Wang Xin.
    3. She is relatively injury free.
    4. Her strengths and weaknesses are not as well known to outsiders as her seniors' (ie, LXR, WSX and WYH).
    5. LXR's chances of going to the Olympics at this point of the last Olympic cycles were also very small. LXR did not begin her meteoric rise until January 2012. [Correction: should be February 2012.]

So, if Sun Yu wins against Marin on Wednesday 14 October 2015, I think Sun Yu still has a chance to go to Rio.

#56 pcll99, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Well, Sun Yu's lost against SJH in Thailand was disappointing. So their H2H is now 1-to-1 even.

But you must realise that Sun Yu's match against Marin (a mere few days later in a very different time zone) is much more important for Sun Yu (and LYB) than the one against SJH. Most of Sun Yu's seniors (ie, LXR, WSX and WYH) know how to defeat SJH. The same cannot be said against Marin.

SCG Open is a GP gold event. The one in Denmark is a SSP event. The prize money for the former is $120,000, while the latter is $650,000.

Adjustment to jet lag is an important consideration, I think. Remember, the match against Marin starts at 6:45 pm local time, possibly a few hours later.

Plus, this may possibly be the last time Sun Yu may meet Marin before the current Olympic cycle ends in early May 2016. This match in Denmark SSP will be make or break for Sun Yu. If she wins, she may still have a shot at Rio. If she loses, well.... I don't know...

#57 pcll99, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Thats a fair assessment and I appreciated the time and effort to put the platter to excellence...
    Well I know SY is young more immune to injuries unlike WYH and LXR but then I still can't see as well imagine how she'll do the same what LXR did before LOG if she does I'll be happy and join your party .. But for now that's certainly fantasizing on top of that its hard to believe she is ready to stop the devillina in her continent..
    Hope for the best!! Just my opinions

19. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

this brings me back to the previous olympic qualifying year and it wasn't till German Open 2012 Li Xuerui became a contender.. technically she used only like 2-3 months to solidify her spot in London Olympics and kicked WSX out

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LXR did not went to international tourneys and suddenly did beat her compatriots. You can be sure that for the whole year previous to the OLY, she was beating them on a daily basis.