Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (16th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh wow morning. Sad that I couldn't stay up to watch any of the matches live. Anyway here is a summary of the quarterfinals result. And the players who will be playing in semi finals. Just checked the scores wow and saw a few upsets created too.

1 China - 7 players

2 Korea - 4 players

3 Denmark- 3 players

4 Indonesia - 2 players

5 Japan, India, Spain, Chinese Taipei - 1 player.

China still dominates the game and is still the best performing nation when it comes to badminton. Surprisingly Korea is also slightly improve and they are showing better results now in this tournament. However also noted that Japanese players performed under par in this tournament as only 1 player will be playing in semi finals. Even Kento Momota the touted to be champion lose tamely to Chou Tien Chen yesterday.

#221 blabl, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Here is my predictions for the semi finals. I predict that all the 6 china players will win in the semi finals to play in the finals. I don't think so Sung Ji Hyun can win over Lee Xuerui. I predicted that Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong have a chance to win in the semi finals. Then I predict that Carolina Marin will win in the semi finals. I also predicted that 2 players from Denmark will win the match in the semi finals.

All these are just my predictions and I may be wrong here. Don't think so I will get a chance to watch the semi finals live again as the Denmark time is so different from the Asia time. Guess I will just focus watching the yonex Chinese Taipei grand prix live that follows the Asia time.

#222 blabl, Oct 16, 2015
  3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Purposely wake up so early to watch the matches live but all the matches are over. So sleepy yawning now. Time to get back to sleep. Zzzzzzzz.

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I could easily find it offensive that you are not respecting my opinion. Last time I checked, we are still free to express opinions, regardless of whether others agree or not. If I am swearing or being racial or similar, then that would be an "offense". How sad that some people appear to not be able to handle opinions anymore.

The "weak era" argument is one of opinion. Simple as that. It doesn't mean Lin Dan isn't a good player, and I've never said that. Although if someone did, I wouldn't go trying to passively aggressively destroy them. Anyway, fun times.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Rashid Sidek??? Tommy is coached by Jaya Raya coach not Rashid Sidek is he?

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

CHN: 7 Players : 2 WD, 1 WS, 1 MS, 1XD, 2 MD correct? It is impressive still.
    INA : 2 players : 1 MS, 1 XD -- average at the very least as expected.
    Korea: 4 players : 1 MD, 1 WD, 1 WS, 1 XD -- still not impressive no MS but good that there is a single WS remains.

Denmark: 3 players : 1 MD, 1 MS, 1 XD -- impressive VA :)

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Don't be too down on Korea yet. SJH can pull a surprise as LXR can have a nervous breakdown when the score is tight. Which 2 from Denmark? Are you down also on KHN/KSH?

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

there are several coaches in Jaya Raya, and Rashid Sidek is one of them...

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There is actually a news article about Rashid coaching Tommy. It's in the Star on line.

10. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Lol at anyone thinking Lin Dan dominated in a weak era.... right now is the weakest badminton (MS at least) has ever been. Chen Long the only clearly dominant figure.

In Lin Dan's time there was Taufik, Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade all playing at their prime. The Top 4 best MS players of all time (ignoring CL). That was the best era with witnessed. Ever.

That said, Lin Dan's loss to VA was a humiliation, and it definately wasn't an intentional loss. If LD really wanted to avoid CL he'd lose to a more respectable scoreline i.e. 18-21, 20-22. But to lose in 2 single digit sets is definitely unintentional and thoroughly outplayed.

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LD's loss is certainly not because he cannot do better, because he did beat VA only last month, where VA was also performing well.
    So for those who pass a definitive judgement on LD's decline because of yesterday's loss, they should think twice. He is not for sure at his prime, but he is not over yet.

12. gaara

gaara Regular Member

Wow seeing the scores now...lol @ LD....congratulations sindhu, hope you do well against screamy. I hope tommy wins this tournament, he's seriously very underrated player. Looking forward to CL vs VA.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Correct. What you have stated is correct. Currently Korea have no good MS aside from the old veteran Lee Hyun Il. Even in the second tier tournament Korea is also not performing well at all. For Yonex Chinese Taipei grand prix Korea performance is below par. There is no representatives at all for the MD, XD and WD in the semifinals. There is only one WD representatives in the quarter finals but that too lost yesterday. Then all the MS Also lost in round 1 and 2. Only Heo Kwang Hee won the 1, 2, 3 round but lost in the QF yesterday. Poor performance from Korea side even in second tier tournaments.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes I predicted that the Denmark XD and MD will win and proceed to play in the semi finals. I predicted that Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na will lose to the Danish XD.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What a fantastic win by Viktor Axelsen against 'old man' Lin Dan!

I watched the first game which VA won by a huge margin 21-8 with his speed and power play. It was not that LD did not make any attempt to counter VA's shots, but he was completely overwhelmed. I guess playing on home ground gave VA that extra energy to win.

As it was already very late in Singapore, past 2 am, I decided to retire knowing that LD will unlikely be able to recover from such a blow.

Is this LD's worst defeat on record?

It looks like the super heroes of the recent past, LD and LCW, have to call it a day, even though Rio Olympics 2016 is beckoning.

#235 Loh, Oct 16, 2015
  16. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I thought he was Arvind Bhatt. PV played well today. She outplayed yihan with sheer pace, although Yihan played better in phases. Yesterday too PV outplayed Tai in straight sets. Tai is one of the toughest players to beat. Most of the ladies will find it difficult to match Sindhu's pace. She seems to be an improved player. Might not be that easy for Marin, as it's predicted to be. Should be a mouthwatering contest.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

With Chen Long in the next round, I doubt that was the case at all.

;)

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #F8F8F8"]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TD="align: right"]CHEN Long [1][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD][​IMG][DEN] [/TD]
    [TD]Viktor AXELSEN [6][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]15-21 21-17 21-16[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]1:14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    I did not watch the semifinal match, but the result above showed it was not easy for CL.
    Of course not with CL, who is much fitter. He is not an "old man" yet. But he has to watch [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TD]VA closely if he wants to win his next Olympic title. [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [TD]:)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Even the commentators pointed out that Chen Long was no where near his best this tournament.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Peaking at the right time for the biggest event is what the players are aiming for.