Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (17th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 16, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The timing of the match is not suitable for Asian viewers.

#161 blabl, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Chill up guys and don't get so angry over Gill Clark comments. No worries here. Be cool. No more argument and no more fighting please.

#162 blabl, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

tsae75, you seldom post but each time you do, I always make it a point to read it painstakingly. Once again, incisive comments, earns my praise too, though I don't necessarily agree with you 100% some of the time [ I'm more inclined to tone down certain part(s) or not say it all despite agreeing with you most of the time basically]. Few can say it like it is, the way you do, hat's off to you.

There's no denying Lin Dan was dismantled - 'destroyed' was her word - by Viktor this time but that remark coming from her seemed to carry an unmistakable sting, esp for those aware of her ill-disguised bias, glaring when we compare how she treats LCW.

By the way, I regard Chen Long as Mr Nice Guy, both on and off court,genuinely so, and Steen Pedersen himself even made it a point to mention it deservedly during his match commentaries, good of him.

As for GC, she should constantly remind herself that she is commentating for a worldwide audience and under the aegis of BWF, not for any local media mainly for domestic consumption where outside viewers can choose to tune in or not.

4. phili

phili Regular Member

Looks like the stupidity bomb has exploded in this thread. Can we please focus on the games and take our crying elsewhere?

5. Akim1

Akim1 Regular Member

Coach
    There is only one suitable word for this: CRAP

The views are so ridicoulous it is beyond comprehension

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Talk is easy. Learn to enjoy life. Its short. No point harping at people. Turn the sound off. Ask bwf to get a better one if you can. ;)

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

People are paranoid

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If she does it once, most people would simply ignore her.

If she does it a few times, some sensitive people would cry foul.

If she does it hundreds of times over the course of many years, she needs to be stopped.

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You judge too roughly. GC is or was positive in her comments about ZN, WHY, WXL, ZYL, MJ, BYX, XXZ, and perhaps others I can't think of.
    She is or was indifferent (neutral, or sometimes positive, sometimes negative) about DPY, CL, CJ, WZM, THW and the MD.
    She is mostly negative about LD.
    As LD is the biggest star, some folks are sensitive about this, and perhaps rightly so (but we must admit LD have not behave properly for the last 3 or 4 years).
    She is not overall as knowledgeable about the CHN team as she is on other team, but for that perhaps CHN team can also take part of the blame. But one can say the same with Korea, for example.
    That does not results in something that can be called "sinophobic".

As for the 1.3 billion persons being offended by her commentary, that is not something realistic. Chinese people don't all watch badminton, and when they do they do it on CCTV.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How has Lin Dan not behave properly??????She should have the utmost respect for LD as she has for LCW.

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Why not? He was destroyed by him. Just like LCW was destroyed in the Olympic final 2008.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In what way? Please elaborate and back up your accusation. Ludicrous. Are you indirectly accusing the current and former BWF presidents of being complicit in or condoning his misbehaviour(s) over the last 3 or 4 years, whatever that is , if any ?

By your own admission - 'She is mostly negative about Lin Dan'.

I'm sure tsae75's use of the phrase 'billions of Chinese and Chinese fans' is to be understood in the non-literal sense;at most you can say he is exaggerating or being overly sensitive,it's immaterial or irrelevant how many Chinese people (actually) watch badminton and do it on CCTV.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes, i agree LD's conducts for the past 3 or 4 years are unbecoming of an olympic champion. Not bothering to qualify for the WC2013 is but one example. I am sure GC can come up with many more examples.

But lcw committed something even more in 2014. What did she have to say about that? Let bygones be bygones?

#173 pcll99, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Woah Woah Woah!!!!! Give me a break

Lin Dan didn't behave properly because he didn't bother to qualify and accepted the wild card for WC 13?????
    First and Foremost,Badminton is not life and there are other commitments in a person's life.And secondly it's BWF who gave LD Wild Card and not LD who begged for it....And how people are blaming Lin Dan for this is beyond me...Are they blaming Lin Dan becoz BWF believed his Star Power could make the difference....

And no LD fan wants GC to drag LCW's drug dilemma....No one wants to hear that.....it's just her double standard in LD matches...When Axelsen kills at net ''OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HE WAS THERE.......... And when LD shows the same ,.....a laidback ''Yeh".. is just one of million example....Fire GC!

#174 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 19, 2015
  15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    The WC2013 was held in Guangzhou where XXF belongs.

It was sponsored by li ning.

LYB was able to turn off the air con if and when he wished.

LD probably knew all that when he decided to take a year off.

LD accepted the wild card? I would not use the word "accept".

But i am with you. GC needs to be stopped.

#175 pcll99, Oct 19, 2015
  16. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The air con incident was intolerable and a completely unsportsmanlike action, but I don't know to what extent LD can be blamed for this... Maybe it was just LYB.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The facts about LCW (GC's always positive about him) is something different then what we are discussing. It is not because she gives to him that she takes from others.

About LD, I don't understand what you says Justin, it seems way over the top to me anyway. What I mean for LD not behaving properly is not showing up for tournaments, that's all. We did not see him, or very rarely, and when we saw him he stopped after one round or two. We need the champions to be much more present on the circuit. Maybe not every tournament, but three-for years without showing up is not proper. Badminton needs him to build up something bigger then it is now and he does not do his part.

For wild card, I did not mind, on the contrary I was happy we could at last see a bit of him back then.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

If just taking alone the comment "destroyed", yes I would say a lopsided score of 21-7, 21-8 is considered destroyed. That is the truth. No exaggeration. What else to call that? :shrug:

Even if GC hadn't uttered it, badminton fans all over the world would think the same when told of that score.

Think about it, when has any high calibre top 10 player ever lost so severely like that in a SS event in the past?

#178 visor, Oct 19, 2015
  19. visor

visor Regular Member

Even then the score there was 21-12, 21-8. At least double digits was reached in one game...

#179 visor, Oct 19, 2015
  20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In all cases, though I consider the job GC do is not an easy one, and she performs ok, I agree that a little change would be good, it is not healthy that she comments all the tournaments year after year, the job should be split between something like three teams, rotating.