APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. papersword

papersword Regular Member

I agree. Need more games to get use to it.

2. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Hello,

Has someone tried the tantrum 200 II or the slayer 88 II?

Thanks.

3. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    its a very nice racquet, light weight, almost a clone of yonex zspeed2. I use a arcsaber11 nd yonex VTF2 as well, I prefer the apac zigzag when i feel like my elbow is heart or i found something lighter. its a highly flex racquest, so even if your wrists are not strong you can make big smashes. I prefer the zigzag and vtf2 when i am playing with nylon, arcsaber 11 on feather, very rarely zigzag as the arcsaber 11 is such a good one on feather, you would be amazed the balance it provides.

4. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    its a very nice racquet, light weight, almost a clone of yonex zspeed2. I use a arcsaber11 nd yonex VTF2 as well, I prefer the apac zigzag when i feel like my elbow is hurting or i feel like i need something lighter for that day. its a highly flex racquest, so even if your wrists are not strong you can make big smashes. I prefer the zigzag and vtf2 when i am playing with nylon, arcsaber 11 on feather, very rarely zigzag as the arcsaber 11 is such a good one on feather, you would be amazed the balance it provides.

5. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    ohh another thing, it clashed with other racquets a few times, still not even a paint chip, where as my friends 2 vtf2, 1 arcsaber fb, 1 arcsaber 11 has brocken, all in the first clash. so i rated apacs zig zag very high.

6. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    we normally use tension between 25lbs or 27lbs

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

One of my club member had bought slayer 88II and Lethal 110 two months ago and L110 is his go to racket now. S88II is not as forgiving due to the weight balance, 300mm head heavy unless you are used to 300mm HH racket.

8. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I had a look at the lethal 110 specs and it is quite similar to the Ziggler 565, just slight stiffer shaft and a couple of grams heavier.

9. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    i bought a apac ziggler LHI LTD for my mate today, it felt exactly like the yonex votric Z-force II. I tried the tantrum 200 but didnt like it much, very thick shaft, i prefer thin. I also bought a apac N-force, lets see how these racquets performs against the yonex counter paths.

10. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Thank you for your answer

I curently play with MX80 4U and willing to try slower 88 II or tantrum 200II as i played with tantrum 300 few years ago and liked it

11. hazstig

hazstig Regular Member

Student
    Hi... Already try both T200 old version and new version... First, I'm not an advanced player...just weekend player...so my technique is not that good...so maybe some people will not agree with my opinion... ahahahha... for me, think T200 old version have more power rather than the new one... When using the old T200, can feel the power delivered when smash...with new T200, kinda lack something in term of that... just my opinion...other than that, yeah T200 II is faster and more relaxing in the arm for a weekend player like me compared to the old T200...

12. Arrowken

Arrowken Regular Member

Hello :) currently a bs12 3u user, but i am looking to purchase a pair of apacs racquets, what would you guys recommend? I am an intermediate doubles player, but hoping to play more singles with this new purchase.

I am considering z ziggler or vanguard 11, but im open to any other suggestions!

13. oscartoh

oscartoh Regular Member

Adventurer
    APACS FAN ???? Who heard of STERN 858 before? Can any 1 give review of it?

14. Carbonex_7

try Virtuosos Performance, swing fast, slightly head heavy and medium flex, rated as 4U by Apacs but it is actually weighted 86g-87g 3U. You can find some very good review in the forum. We had 50% of our club players using various APACS rackets, AVP and Lethal 110 are most recommended one.

15. hazstig

hazstig Regular Member

Student
    Hi sir.. think heard of it somewhere...if not mistaken there is 858 Power, 858 Speed... correct me if i'm wrong... maybe i saw those at badmintonbay if not mistaken...

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Just noticed the Apacs N Force 111. Looks nice. Anyone tried it yet?

17. Carbonex_7

Apacs N Force 111. Frame Material:Hi Modulus Graphite, Triple Speed System, Aero+Box, Compact Frame, VTFZ2 like grommets, head heavy. Shaft Material:Hi Modulus Graphite, Extra Slim Shaft.

Looks like a low cost VTFZ2. My friend plays N force and the smash is strong, this new version is like N force on steroid.

RM249 for 2, free string and grip, wanna split the bill with me?

18. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Ooo, you're a very bad person to tempt me like this ... Where do you get it from?

19. Carbonex_7

Nikman Sports. I am going to spend a few days in Auk/Rotorua early Jan next year.

20. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Just bought a Virtuoso International to replace my N force as I have already broken 2 handles most likely due the the flexible shaft on the N force. I like the looks of the Virtuoso International, carbon black:D