Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I have long stopped replying to them.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Oh!!! It would be better if you had suggested him to provide us (die hard fans) the 'reality check' as provided by [MENTION=30877]AlanY[/MENTION].....................

3. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I used Ignore List. Unfortunately I still can see it in quoted replies... Someone said that CM is "noise pollution", I think those in my Ignore List are "online pollution" and I just can't avoid. Actually, I think those kind of people make others hate their idol the most, not the athlete.

Btw, just ignore them and move on. I am waiting for the day LD is retiring from professional badminton so I can see what those people will do after that. Sadly it might be till 2020...

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    someone over here is using LD to jack up his own ego.. believe me LD doesn't need you to jack him. In the words of a wise man who said , 'winning is not everything' if you don't learn humility.

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me too with the Ignore button, especially that one poster who writes long comments saying that CL, LD and the whole CHN camp need LCW and to help them improve or stay on their toes. Same goes with other disciplines.

We used to like and support CHN players until these over devoted supporters came.

7. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    if one (Die Hard LD fans) are able to take constructive criticism then should not be in a forum where opinions are shared. You can use whichever button you want (ignore etc) but the fact of the matter is lets learn to debate in a diplomatic manner rather than indulging in cheap theatrics

8. badliker

badliker Regular Member

It's so good! :D
    Edit: Forgot quote

9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It's hard to say where this came from; as it's been pointed out, his recent victory of CL and LD comes after a long run of defeats to the two players.

I think Gill and Stein made some very good commentary on LCWs play style, he often put himself into very difficult situations just by being flashy and unnecessary. He lost quite a few points to that, making the game between him and LD especially close.

He's clearly a very powerful, fast, and skillful athlete, but in my opinion he needs to simplify his game, stop being so flashy and unnecessary, and keep a focused playstyle. With age he can't afford to keep burning himself up like that on court.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I think LD stopped being flashy after Thomas Cup 2010, probably at the suggestion of Tang XH. Maybe LCW can ask Tang XH for advice.

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Grow up kiddo, you world only revolves like a kiddy having ice-cream in one hand, popcorn on the other, watching ultraman and waiting for scooby doo to come on next. YOu will be out of here when LD retires and you have no one to use as a scapegoat to abuse other fan's players. Put your pillow a bit higher when you sleep tonight. what will you do next? Use Chen Long to abuse Viktor?

#12211 Pakito, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  12. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, a few hold and flick shots, and many cross court net shots got him nowhere and often in worse situation. Against lower ranked players he can do these, but not against LD and CL.

However his new style is more patient. And he's become very tight and accurate in his drops and smashes, winning many points there. And most improved is his net play.

Hopefully he hasn't peaked yet and still has room for improvement, because CL and LD are only going to get better leading up to Rio.

13. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It's not just that he's playing the crosscourt, he takes it almost at the floor. Usually his racket is touching the floor. He simply leaves the shot too late. With his speed he really has no reason to do this.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That's what deception is all about, waiting and delaying your shot. It's just that it's not working against LD and CL most of the times.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hehe,why so serious??? That was written in fun mood.......Watching ultraman???? Nadal vs Murray wasn't too bad either......Waiting for Scooby Doo??? Only waiting for El Classico at the moment...Me,out of Here?????Who cares...............Me abusing LCW??? Asking how he is close to LD in the status = abusing?....Learnt new logic today...Using Chen Long to abuse Viktor??? Never LOL.................BTW,Nice bunch of imagination there............

#12215 Nine Tailed Fox, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  16. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Just let LCW play how he likes, he's winning vs LD, CL, JOJ, and likes of them at 33 - how many players
    can do that?
    The reason he is winning is because he is truly enjoying himself especially with his fitness at almost
    peak status and those fancy deceptions are part of his enjoyment of his game, it reflects his
    confidence and a more relax approach to his game, instead of going straight for the kill...
    For once he is winning because he is not afraid to lose. With his inherent speed, court coverage and
    masterful stroke making, add to a more relax approach, his shot accuracy is enhanced that even
    a giigantic 6'2'' CL end up scurrying all over the court so if LCW wants to do trick shots, let him...

17. DishuThomas

DishuThomas New Member

IT

Cant agree more.

There was no excessive celebration like he did in All England 2014. After the big win, he only had a cheeky smile of self satisfaction and enjoyment. Shook hands with CL and acknowledged his supporters.

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    That's right, you are not the first to have commented this, it's been said many .... moons ago. LCW would have gotten used to it by now, I reckon.

19. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree. He doesn't seem to handle pressure as good as LD, seems like that's why LD won many times with very small margin even when LCW was leading. Same thing when other players are catching up even when LCW si leading. So if LCW can relax, he may turn the table around.

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Anyone would like to champion a suggestion to BWF to put up a mini changing room next to the court for players dripping with sweat from their undies to their pants and to their shoes?