Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Yes, with LCW ranking inconsistently straddling between 1 to 10 and not being fixed at No 1, it made it hard to predict the tournament fixture and in turn any attempt to fix the game. Remember the time when China would interfere just so that they can push Lindan ahead of Chen Long in ranking.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

So the ban is a blessing in disguise.

Unless the accidental dexa ingestion was part of the plan to allow him some much needed rest from his Yonex obligations to play SS tournaments. And to mess up the MS rankings leading up to Rio. ;)

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Look at the list of players selected and balance the list against the 3 win achievements of LCW. Tell me if he does not deserve to be there. Even the most basic common sense says he belongs to the Masters

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I very much agree

5. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

If we look at the list of players in SSF only CL and LD are in the LCW level :D

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I thought in OLY draw, 2 players from the same nation will not be drawn in the same half i.e. CL and LD will be in opposite half, regardless of ranking, is that correct?
    As for CL or LD is better for LCW, both are very tough. Of course, it is better for LCW to play only 1 and not both in OLY. But if I am correct, LCW may have to prepare to play both to win gold or hope someone can knock out CL early. In big match like OLY, LD is proven money player.
    CL is at the top of his game, super defense, stamina, smash, court coverage, and all. I still say all this while LD is toying, going through motion in these SS thingies, just buying time till RIO comes. Prolly in LD mind, the faster RIO comes, the better than to fart around with the SS/SSP/SSF. One major endorsement deal will wipe out all these SS winnings.
    Only in CO we saw a glimpse of what LD was capable of playing, and even though LCW won, that match can go either way. So, LD is close to LCW, LCW beat CL, that IMO means all 3 are in the same level. Will LD pick up a notch with 9 months to go?
    Once RIO arrives, it only takes 5 matches to win to get the gold and close out a career. That is when LD will go all out, no holding back for every of the 5 matches, the same for LCW, their final journey. LD hangs around for RIO for the once in a lifetime opportunity to own 3 golds, honestly, I would not bet against the GOAT.

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In Beijing, LD and CJ were in the same half and played the semi final.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

One of the best posts in this entire thread hands down.Thank You

#12308 Nine Tailed Fox, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, but Bao Chun Lai was in the OG draw as well, and in the other half, he just went out earlier.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Funny video. LCW and his enemies (?!) @ china open 2015

[video=youtube;vpFdlBJHrEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFdlBJHrEA[/video]

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I thought about that, but I think CJ was seeded higher then BCL then, but that would have to be checked.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In any case, the three Chn players were split 2-1. I would have guessed BCL to have been ranked higher back then, wasnt CJ the #4 after winning that weird AE final against LD?

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That time OLY allowed 3 players per nation, now only 2. So, Cl and LD would have to be in opposite half.

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I thought all the micmac on match fixing during London OLY qualification was to get not only for CBA to get 3 players to go, but to get the seeding so that they won't meet before the final (so to get CJ or CL to tired out LCW in the semi, before the final against LD). Those reasoning were working if the seeding decided who would be in which half, not player's nationality. But this begin to be a bit far in time, the rules should be checked.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah, because they tried to get 3 players, they all had to be in the Top4, at which point they're split automatically. The interesting question is whether non-Top4 players from the same Nation will be split as it is very possible that Lin Dan will drop out of the Top4.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Another way to know is to look as WS. In London, how were seeded LXR, Wang Xin and WYH? Or in Beijing, were XXF and Lu Lan seeded 1 and 2? This last case would be most interesting as they meet in the semis.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Actually, If all top nations send 2 players, they cannot split them in two half, without looking at the seedings. Would it not to complex? If Japan, Korea, Indonesia, China, Denmark, Malaysia, Thailand, India, were to send each two players, to be split in the two half, it would be very difficult to manage, as the seedings would also interfere.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I tried to look up but couldn't find anything about splitting the same nation's players in the Olympics. Splitting the nation's players apart used to happen over 15 years ago in the major tournaments. However, that was done away with.

Whatever happens, Lee Chong Wei's camp should try to get him in as either no.1 or 2 ranked player. After that, he will have a 50% chance of meeting Lin Dan in the semifinal (assuming Chen Long is the no.1 seed)

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Exactly so.

20. phili

phili Regular Member

As suspected he withdrew from Macau to get some rest. Well deserved rest that is.