Help me choose a less demanding racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by orangenetic, Nov 29, 2015.

1. junclot

junclot Regular Member

second this...

don't throw ur money around as ur 1st instinct lol

fiddle with the string tension and stringing 1st before splashing cash, restrain the impulse yea

27lbs on VT80 is obviously too demanding for most players lol

2. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

Thanks for the comments (Although it sort of turned into a lining racket discussion thread ._.)

Well it's not that i'm going to change rackets. I'm still going to use VT80 as my main racket. I just need a spare racket that feels like the VT80 but generates more whip? and easier to play with. RIP my old spare rackets...i've been lending people my spare rackets and they come back to me in pieces...

Also for the strings,
    I thought losing a few lbs after a bit of playtime was a normal thing?
    and 27lbs is a tension that i've been using for 1 year after a year of fiddling around with different tensions.
    One thing about my string is that this is my first time using VS890 (I usually use BG80) and I did a 4knot stringjob this time (I usually use 2knot). But yes, when I go back to BG80 I will try changing up the tensions. Maybe it will have a different feel from when I was testing out tensions two years ago.

Oh and one quick question. Do 4knot string jobs lose less tension over time than 2knot string jobs?

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Don't believe these guys who blame stringers for tension loss. Strings loose tension after some time. Even right off the machine until the customer hit the first birdy, the tension drops. When you start playing the string also drop tension but FME the first 24 hours are the biggest drop and then it will just drop just a tiny bit and will fade into nearly nothing until the string breaks. You can minimize the drop with the PS function, but IMO the strings don't perform as good as without it, so I don't use it on regular base.

I don't have experiences with the VS890, but VS800 and VS850 drops pretty much at the beginning and don't perform as good as Yonex or Zymax strings IMO.

Normally 4 knots loose a bit more tension compared to 2 knots, because you have 3 (1 starting knot) or 4 (method with starting clamp) tie offs. I highly recommend to use 4 knots on YY rackets due warranty issues.

4. junclot

junclot Regular Member

there are definitely "gd" stringers and "bad" stringers out there...

not so much of losing tension "fast" or "slow", but rather the initial tension that is strung

some 26lbs feel solid and up to mark, some 26lbs felt like 23/24lbs

my personal experience with trying out diff stringers

5. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

I also noticed that most victor stings (At least the ones i've tried) felt more oily? slippery? than my normal BG80 when I touched them with my hands. Is there a specific reason for this?

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Did I doubt it? Please don't apply to something what I never said.

I just applied to the last sentence of [MENTION=168]Xuser[/MENTION].

As a stringer and through measurements of other members of BC, a freshly stringing job drops tension. Depending if the switched PS on or not and depending on which string used, the pings drops after 3 days (without playing) around 40-60hz which means around 1.33 to 2 lbs tension loss. This isn't a bad stringing job, that is just the natural run. 2lbs loss is pretty normal after a few days and hits, so I don't see a reason to blame a stringer for that natural loss.

#26 ucantseeme, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015