BWF Player of the Year 2015

Discussion in 'BWF Destination Dubai World SS Finals 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

So by your logic,a doubles player can never win this award since he doesn't acheive all by ''Himself/Herself''............Also,mind telling what ZYL needs to do to win this award which she hasn't done this year?

Carolina Marin has a win loss record of 50-10 whereas ZYL has a win loss record of 73-6 this year....

ZYL was also a part of Sudirman Cup winning team..........

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The point is that it's not "clear". Kohli would understand easy. Actually you do too, hence the words you just wrote.

There's always a bit of bias in sports - there's an "artistic" element to it. That's why no one can ever universally agree on who is GOAT etc.

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    WSX is better dressed and the couple is looking ravishing IMO..
    Can anybody post JOJ, CM and SJH's pics of the night I believe they could've been good competition for the best dressed award

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This one I have to absolutely agree with about the China team. Those Li Ning tracksuits were awful for a formal dinner presentation!!

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A better incentive for raising the dress code is to award a worst dressed player/coach.

You can have endless arguments about best dressed but usually people are in agreement about worst dressed.

6. event

event Regular Member

Nice one!
    Perhaps Zhao needs to win twice as many as the best singles player. That's what she did last year.;)
    Well, they had no trouble overlooking Zhang Nan for doing all that and more last year. In my opinion, giving the 2014 award to Chen Long was the real mistake. He hadn't even beaten Lin Dan yet and he only won 3 titles. He won the SSF after the fact but it was not enough to mitigate my feeling that he did not deserve the award for 2014, considering what Zhang Nan and Yoo Yeon Seong achieved the same year. There was more rationale for Chen winning this year. Yoo didn't make a WC or SS final this year and neither Yoo nor Zhang won major titles with multiple partners, as they did last year, and Chen beat both Lee and Lin and won more titles this year. I still wouldn't argue with Zhao for 2015 but I don't think the singles bias was as glaring this year as we've seen in the past.

#46 event, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. junclot

junclot Regular Member

doubles player needing to win more titles (2x? lololol) than singles player to have an equal chance to get the award, is really a big fail in human logic.

anyways, Marin is indeed quite dominant this year in WS. I dun really see why she should be questioned for getting it.
    (i would be in more doubt if gronya somerville gets it, for example)

8. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I'm also wondering as to why there are so few pictures of the event itself.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah!! Is there any video or some overview of the event??