share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. HCP13

HCP13 Regular Member

xuran plier and cutter were bought separately. the red tools (gamma) came with machine. also the starting clamp was bought separately as it didn't come with this machine.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

:D I was thinking exactly the same thing.

My personal BC-score: 4 out of 5 points

I only have a Xuron plier instead of a cutter, but I still take this as a full point. Only thing missing is the Gamma awl - I haven't touched an awl in months thanks to that brilliant trick to use a string mover for threading shared holes.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=113405]s_mair[/MENTION] Go for a good and german Knipex. Nitto Tape is just needed because the tape from the RKEO grips is awful and don't stick properly. [MENTION=1]kwun[/MENTION] I would also add Chudek supports and Kimony awl. ;)

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Knipex cutter: Check!
    (http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000RVIZ18/...TF8&colid=2JNOQJRZCXAVU&coliid=I3P0NBRPMK3IRX)
    Very good quality and extremely sharp.

The Nitto tape is the first electric tape I found that really leaves no sticky residue at all and still doesn't come loose so quickly.

5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Fiskars Softouch... One of my best friends, very sharp, it easily cut's from stringbed's to towelgrip's and does cuttingjob's vell when I stringing.
    image.jpg

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Please welcome my new SuperStringer T20

After having closed my search for a decent upgrade from a Pro's Pro Challenger (more details can be found here -> http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...chine-to-upgrade-to-from-Pro-s-Pro-Challenger), it's now time to officially welcome my new SuperStringer T20.

Originally, I wanted to write a more detailed review, but I think that the following pictures are telling the most important things. It's a ground solid drop weight machine with superb diamond dusted Gamma-style clamps and semi-automatic locking bases. The clamps and bases alone are already worth the extra money compared to a PP Challenger.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

The machine comes with a lot of accessories, including a full set of replacement springs, two YY-style flying clamps and a set of badminton and tennis loadspreaders. Also, it comes by default with an adapter plate to raise the turntable in case a WISE motor is mounted.

7.jpg

The side support arms have the same hole pattern as the Challenger, so it was possible to re-use the [MENTION=15028]Michal[/MENTION] Chudek side supports which I think are just brilliant. Still the stock side supports of the T20 are not bad at all.

8.jpg

The only downside I found was the original gripper. It was not working very smoothly and sometimes just didn't open up properly on release. I tried a second gripper since I thought that it was just a fault in this specific gripper, but also the replacement showed the same behaviour.
    I was offered a good deal for a Premiumstringer replacement gripper which I had already modded my Challenger with in the past and performed the same mod again. So I am also pleased with the gripper now.

After having strung the 10th racket with the T20, I am so glad that I made the step and did the upgrade. This machine is worth every Cent.

Aventus likes this.
  7. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    Nice machine. „Sieht nicht schlecht aus“.If you have money left, go for a wise tensionhead. It is really worth and you will definitely see the different. 
    I have recognize that the clamps are some kind of special. They have 4 teeth instead of the regularly 5. And also the surface of the coating differs from the original Gamma clamps. Looks like that you have put a diamond coated surface on the teeth.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Thanks! The WISE will surely be the next big upgrade, but it will need a couple of more rackets to string until I can bring up that topic with the financial minister at home.

You are right regarding the clamps. This is the 4 teeth version of the standard Superstringer clamps which come with 5 teeth. The 4 teeth version is available since November and is currently not even listed in the shop. So I was petty lucky to be there in person and could have a look at them. I think if you're mainly stringing badminton rackets, the 4 teeth version is to be preferred but I guess that's a matter of personal taste.

The diamond-dusted surfaces are a kind of inlay inside the clamps which is a bit different from the original Gammas.

9. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I recently added swivel clamps to my prince neos 1000. Love it since I dont have to use floating clamps anymore:

[video=youtube;9f3jGnJglw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3jGnJglw4[/video]

10. kennethfong

kennethfong Regular Member

My new Toyozouki clamps, loved it....

20151224_201534 (Medium).jpg

11. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

You Bitch! ;)

12. kennethfong

kennethfong Regular Member

Lol.......

13. koplooper

koplooper New Member

student
    I saw this one on the German Ebay and I couldn't resist the temptation :D IMG_4144.jpg

14. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

My new Super Stringer T50 with some self-crafted mods!
    image.jpg

Towers a step closer inwards to fit badminton better.
    image.jpg

Homemade Wise adapterplate to get an suitable height.
    image.jpg

Also a inverted diablo for left handers.

#234 Super85, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  15. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Really nice setup, well done! There are stringers on this planet who would kill for this machine.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    very nice. compact and beefy looking machine.

is there a reason you mount the diablo backwards?

18. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    left handed perhaps?

19. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Hehe...he supports me well! ;)

Thanks dude...we will be green buddies now. :)

Thanks! Yes there is, and sorry for I said "for left handers". I know there are many left handed stringers who maneuver their machines whit the tension unit on their right hand side, the reason for me is that it just works better for me to have the unit on the left side of me... and I'm left handed. :)

#239 Super85, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  20. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member