Badminton Asia Team Championships 2016 (Group Stage)

Discussion in 'Continental Team Championships 2016' started by pcll99, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the end it was left to Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen and finally Qiao Bin (but not after a three-setter) to save CHN from an embarrassing defeat by the lowly-ranked Singapore Team who put up a valiant effort creating a scare.

2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    So the lesson to learn from todays matches is that China can not afford to field their B team against any other team in the real Thomas Cup later this year because they are not so reliable and may lose.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Wang Zhengming is the most disappointing thing ever happened to CBA. Utterly Useless.

OR

He purposely tanked to give match practice and ranking pts to Qiao Bin

I want Chinese Badminton Expert, Justin L, to answer this question.

4. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Nice surprise from the Singapore team. I was expecting some whitewash from China team.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Everyone knows China's Thomas Cup triumph depends on the old and bruised shoulder of Lin Dan. Lin Dan as MS2 is the nightmare for any opponent nation....He could straight away ensure Match Victory,allow China to be in a dominant position or in the worst scenario,expose the depth of other nations.

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Even if LD is MS2 China may still have trouble to win against Korea, Japan, Indonesia or Denmark. And don´t underestimate Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei in Thomas cup also, they have many good players.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

:D:):p Maybe he and a few others (who haven't been playing the last two weeks) are just coming back from the first few days of CNY celebration back home and still in festive mood.

Admittedly, Wang Zhengming is doing himself a disservice with that unexpected loss. Sigh. To be frank, I've long given up on him (for my health's sake, though I still retain a soft spot for him).

Btw, for this tourney, all the matches will be played, certainly at the group stage.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The situation could be even trickier for Lin Dan who, even if he didn't take time off for CNY, is allowed to go home every day as a special privilege - so , you can imagine the kind of mood he's in. Just saying.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Looks like Wang Shixian is not having it easy either, struggling in G2 after just taking the opening set in a close encounter.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How come no livestream from Hyderabad, the 'Happening' place as the title suggest ? Just saying.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Still working but already very thrilled and excited with upsets indeed. 2 upsets created during the Singapore China match. Then Korea MS Jeon Hyeok Jin nearly lost to the young 16 year old Philippines player. Next Choi Sol Kyu / Kim Jae Hwan also nearly lose their MD match to another Philippines MD today. Interesting indeed. Hmm... I just hope that Korea performance will be better tomorrow.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION]

My friend told me got live telecasts. I am trying to find it then I will let you know later.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Got live scores. I just checked. Why not just look at the live scores? I am looking at the live scores now.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Meanwhile, Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei, fresh from their Thai Masters title win, don't seem to suffer from any CNY blues.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, I'm following livescore which I'd only glance at once in a while. Thanks.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are welcome. Once I can find the live telecasts i will let you know.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

This post served as a good snack for my cup of tea....Chinese Taipei??? Give me a break....I don't know any other citizen from this country apart from CTC and Chen Long has his numbers unfortunately.......HKG have decent players but I can't imagine them taking even a single point from CHN......

I am surprised you didn't mention Malaysia......LCW knocking Chen Long out of the window............KKK/TBH melting Funan down and Ikander with a outdated Valentine Voucher for Lin Dan.

18. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Ok Im sorry that my post was not clear enough. What I meant was that even if CHN uses the great LD as MS 2 they can still lose the whole team match to maybe some of those countries mentioned.

I dont want to jinx Malaysia, thats why I dont include Malaysia in any prediction.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I would vote for the first one!! It has been almost a couple a years, he has never failed to prove his inconsistency, unpredictability although you used a bit harsh words for him but nonetheless surely he will acheive that title soon!!
    And for the second one as mentioned before QB will play atleast three matches in the worst or the best case scenario!!

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I guess, after seeing what nearly happened to the CHN Men's Team, the CHN Women's Team are on their toes and duly whitewash the HKSAR Women's Team.