2016 Badminton ASIA Team Championships : Knock-out Stage (19th-21st February)

Discussion in 'Continental Team Championships 2016' started by CLELY, Feb 18, 2016.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The commentator is JB.
    He was so irritating. We know Ginting was playing exceptionally well but he kept repeating it. Even long after Ginting's match was over.

On another note, I noticed Indian tv cameras allocate a lot of time on the audiences and usually at the same group of people.

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well if they manages to get him on the KOR team bench again he won't be playing MS3 for sure he is ranked higher then most of them! + SWH is no more a "descent MS1" I mean except THA MS1 who else can he def (among the higher ranked nations) their doubles are surely strong as long as they have Lee/Too they only need to worry about somehow stealing a pt from the singles!!
    Kor sure is a title contender

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah! And he was surely Ashwini's fan!! He remarked her as "pretty lady", " such a hard hitter", "bueatiful isn't she" more than once. Infact when the shuttle hit Ayaka's hairs and came back on the court he apparently said "you need to tie those hairs well girl! Look at Ashwini what a beautiful hairstyle she has" !!
    Also he was very much attracted towards Putita S.
    He tried to pronounce her family name for a million time, a I can't count on my fingers how many time he remarked her as a "tall beautiful lady"!!
    He also remarked the cameramen as " he knows whom to put on the TV screen" whenever he points at female players sitting especially JG

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

If Lee HI joins the squad then certainly will add KOR ammunition, both Son WH and Lee DK performance aren't too convincing lately.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

CHN is too strong to any country not only Korea. They have decent MD and all 3 MS are a sure winner. At least 3-2 score means we still have a chance. Anything is possible. You just believe and do it.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Just wondering!!
    If LHI ranking gets down and he somehow manages to play as MS3 then KOR can take away both the doubles and MS3 that's the only chance I can think of blabl !assuming LHI def THW
    I can't even think of any other possibility the 3MS are formidable!! INA can do it too if they takes away MS3 although I don't think any nation has that deep Singles lineuo

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LHI's BWF World ranking right now is just 1 below SWH's #13 at #14. LDK's ranking is #21. LHI can match up well vs. Lin Dan.

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Match up well vs Lin Dan? Did you watch the last Olympic match between them.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Well that was 4 years ago. Since then, Lin Dan is vulnerable. Korea does not have a fighting chance without LHI IMHO. LHI has a 45-55% chance vs. Lin Dan and 60-40% vs. THW

#889 indrg, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Just wondering!!
    Screenshot_2016-02-23-15-23-16.jpg
    Why hasn't the BAC points counted for KS's ranking calculations

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Here,
    Screenshot_2016-02-23-15-28-42.jpg
    CM got more pts than winning even a SS tourney!! By def players like Linda Z, Maria U, L. Tan (that too in 3 sets), :eek:
    OTOH WSX won only 7778 pts!!
    Can anybody explain

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    But that also mean he is 4 years older now!! We know he is still agile and cover the court fluently and all that but expecting him winning against LD will be too much
    Yeah I know that is why I added If his rankings dip and he plays MS3...

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Looking ahead to AE, the trio Ginting (3), Jonatan, and Ihsan (2) are in the MS-Qualification.

Jonatan will face Zulfadli Zulkiffli and Ihsan will meet Kenichi Tago. How does Kenichi Tago do these days?

Jonatan will face Ihsan to qualify to the main event if both wins their first games. In the main event, sadly either will meet Kento Momota.

Ginting has an easier route to reach the main event; He will face Sameer Verma and then either Vladimir Malkov or R. M. V. Gurusaidutt. In the main event, Ginting will meet Hu Yun.

#893 indrg, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Taken for granted !

Let's wait for his first match against Sameer verma . ;)

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Ahah I don't think Sameer stands much chances!! He has surprised me few times but on a broader spectrum he is also of the same material as RMV or BSP

16. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Sameer is a real talent, but Indrg was comparing Sameer to Kento Momota I think. Thus will make Sameer an easier opponent compared to Top 10 players like Kento.

17. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Guess what, Anthony Ginting only get 3939 points being undefeated in the championship, He played 6 times and won them all and is the winner of the championship. Whatever ranking point system they have, there is something wrong in it and needed to be fixed. :)

18. event

event Regular Member

Only one team event per 12-month period can count toward a ranking. In Srikanth's case, he earned slightly more from last May's Sudirman Cup, as your table shows.

19. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I was just playing around with [MENTION=28840]indrg[/MENTION]. Ginting is a real deal. While even top players are struggling against him, Sameer could get only one game against him if he played well. Ginting is the overwhelming favourite. His maturity does not reflects his age. Pure talent.:)

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

wish to see Ginting & Jonatan play against Chen Long, Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Viktor Axelson & Jan O Jorgensen...
    if they manage to defeat 3 of these players, then they will consider as world class players succeeding legend Taufik Hidayat...