Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

lol never occurred to you that you're the one lacking the common sense?(^o^)

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Err, no. You trust in the status quo, you assume 'reputable sources' are reputable despite any independent research, you take things on face value and ignore all of my points regarding how the wealthy as a matter of course under disclose income and assets, you quote Lin Dans income despite the fact that he's Chinese and China is not a transparent and free society so your chances of knowing the truth there are even more remote....so yeah, I'm the one without any common sense :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Guys, guys, don't fret over these paltry sums in top pro level badminton.... especially when top pro tennis players probably make 10-20 times that amount... ;)

4. mikescully

well, yeah of course I'd rather better base my information and news on Youtube, Yahoo, Wiki, Forbes, BWF, etc than some random you-dont -know-who dude on BC. You have problem with that?

Independent research for what? I dont work as sport journalist nor work for Forbes.

5. mikescully

lol, I hope we won't need to add in Mayweather or Pacqiao to downplay it even more, Nishikori could be hundreds times richer than Momota if tennis is the benchmark.

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    How old are you? 12? You just quoted Yahoo, Wikipedia and YouTube as 'research'.

Just let it go mate, you have NFI.

7. mikescully

lol you dont even seems like a native English speaker but want to preach the meaning of the word 'research'? Thats news, facts and stats there I quoted. Those who gathered the news facts and stats were the one doing field research for work. Yeah cut it, don't waste my time and GFY.

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Very mature discussion.:rolleyes: I remember that somebody from Japan said to me at BC as I was not impressed by the Z Speed and found the feeling awful "That I'm a poor and weak player and have a **** technique, when I don't like the ZS, because other state players do." :rolleyes:

9. mikescully

NRZS wasn't fairly assessed here at BC, don't get me started, but I honestly do have 4 club friends (2 of them being really good)who are still using it as their main go to rackets despite the availability of other options e.g. VTZF2, ARC11, Duora10, NR900, VT80et, to name a few of the popular rackets nowadays. It was actually a well received racket at home turf here. A few pros get their championship from it, Carolina Marin being the high profile one with back to back World Championships. It's a part of a whole rivaling propaganda that I was balancing out so I don't know whether it's friend or foe I was facing but in forum like BC( just like in badminton), when you're attacked (our local brand) then you naturally counter attack/ defend.

10. mikescully

NRZS wasn't fairly assessed here at BC, don't get me started, but I honestly do have 4 club friends (2 of them being really good)who are still using it as their main go to rackets despite the availability of other options e.g. VTZF2, ARC11, Duora10, NR900, VT80et, to name a few of the popular rackets nowadays. It was actually a well received racket at home turf here. A few pros get their championship from it, Carolina Marin being the high profile one with back to back World Championships. It's a part of a whole rivaling propaganda that I was balancing out so I don't know whether it's friend or foe I was facing but in forum like BC( just like in badminton), when you're attacked (our local brand) then you naturally counter attack/ defend.

11. badliker

badliker Regular Member

Anyone knows which Racket Cristina Pedersen is using? It's a red Racket with some white on it. She started using it at the Danish national Championship?

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It's not just here on BC that it was poo-poo'd, it was......everywhere. It's not that it's a bad racket with no redeeming qualities - there's some great design ideas in there - it's just that the mid-head flex points sound like a great idea on paper but only translate well in their marketing department.

13. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

Then CM should be better than Cl or Lcw I guess. She uses the Z speed. To win. o_O.

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You praise actually somebody's taste as a dogma and put the racket up to a key element of the success of the athlete. This is pretty rude. Remember that Carolina won titles years ago before the NRZS was released.
    If I do research I will find douzens of matches were pros with the NRZS lost their games and don't won the title. IMO your way of argumentation is pretty biased on the racket instead of the player, which sounds to me wrong. IMO you are unable to accept the liking and opinion of other people and attack them personally and insult them, when your argumention fail. IMO you should work on this issues.

15. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

Badzine did a recent story about the top money earners based only on prize money from tournaments in 2015. Chen Long was the top earner last year, taking home US$298,413. That amount is about 1.5% of the US$21 Million Novak Djokovic made last year. According to the story, Djokovic made more than twice as much as ALL the badminton players in the world combined.
    http://www.badzine.net/features/chen-long-badminton’s-top-prize-winner-at-us298413/36618/

16. visor

visor Regular Member

So I stand corrected. It's 150x more for tennis... only off by a factor of 10...:p

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    And just imagine how much he made in endorsements, and then wonder why so many players live in Monaco and have offshore bank accounts.

18. mikescully

I don't find saying that rackets attributes to the players success as rude, but instead how rivaling company's propaganda on Yonex was rude in this forum. They couldn't take a few of my trolls after all what they said to Yonex?

CM won two back to back World Championships with NRZS, we should leave it at that, we don't need to discuss the obvious.

If you think every pro can play with any rackets with their skill, why every top pro's craving to use Yonex? Why do they feel deep down inside they want to go back to Yonex? Why they use their own money to buy Yonex rackets when they're sponsored by other brands ? Lin Dan and LCW are among a few that expressed their preferences on interviews. Why do we have a thread of professional and their racket if you think it all come down to their skill?

There's nothing that I need to work on but my badminton skill, forum like BC is virtual and it's only for discussion, difference is appreciated and I don't dwell on anyone's opinion right?

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Some people could do with a bit of calming down

Mod

20. mikescully

Sorry about that captain! ^^

But you know I'm not always about rage, and of course these boys could take some trolls and counters once a while.

Ucant pulled the Asian card on me but all I did was trolled a Singaporean buddy to not be too much of a grammar Nazi on his English. That was a joke intended. I don't feel superior because Asians are badminton powerhouses (China, Japan, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia) nor because China and Japan are ahead of his country in terms of economy. I enjoy having my Bavarian beer and Frankfurt sausages occasionally at my local Bavarian pub.

Makli trolled genital size and all I did was using old school yo mamma joke to troll him back, to ask his mamma who know bout my size, it was just some old school joke we played but it was deleted haha. That was also a joke intended.

Some of my Yonex boys were high fiving me at the back while some of you overdigesting this too much not knowing I do jokes. This is how I roll so just relax, take it easy, and let's all roll back to racket and players issues ^^