L shape & square head grommets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by JJ0907, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JJ0907

JJ0907 Regular Member

Just got few unique grommets foe my old racket. It can help my old racket getting strong. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

semin likes this.
  2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    [MENTION=64143]JJ0907[/MENTION] - Thanks for sending me the rectangular grommets (black and red)

I have gotten good feedback from players I've strung for that they notice no difference during play with these new grommets which is terrific! With the added protection it should hopefully prolong the life of rackets assuming no clashing. I have installed the black ones (2.5mm x 8mm) on the top shared grommets and the red ones (2.5mm x 11mm) at the bottom shared holes of my personal rackets. Below are some photos of my personal racket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More photos from OP here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/158529-Top-grommet-holes-wearing-out?p=2397768&viewfull=1#post2397768

#2 DarthHowie, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    DinkAlot likes this.
  3. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Where can I get some?

4. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    PM the OP. He was a pleasure to deal with via email and he accepts paypal.

More info/pics can be found here (i can't read chinese): http://oiicemarco.blogspot.tw/2015_11_01_archive.html

** the containers pictured in the blogspot link are what gets delivered, so it's a lot of grommets. The container is about the size of a vitamin pill bottle (i.e. Centrum/Flintstones Vitamin container)

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Second that. I just ordered a mixed set of those square-shaped grommets from Dennis and it was so easy and nice to deal with him.

It has to be added that [MENTION=64143]JJ0907[/MENTION] apparently has developed those grommets himself which I think is sensational. Seems like none of the big racket companies truly care about grommets at all since there is just not much money to be earned with. So a big thumbs-up for Dennis for expending a lot of effort and spending quite a lot of money in this!

He also has now 2.1 mm square-shaped grommets ready which should be the perfect solution for top end grommets.

yf19-sama likes this.
  6. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I just looked on his Facebook page, he has a recent post on March 8th, 2016. The factory has free time to make single hole grommets. So it looks like Dennis is wanting to fill that time slot with a production run of black T-grommets (square grommet). And he's asking people to send him a private message if interested in ordering some of them. He'll be deciding the order volume by March 14th. (the facebook page link was at the bottom of the blog post). http://oiicemarco.blogspot.tw/2015_11_01_archive.html

#6 mikomi, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    [MENTION=113405]s_mair[/MENTION]

Are these the grommets he has?

L-grommet - single hole
    Square-grommet - single hole
    T-grommet - shared hole

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, that's correct. Just write him am PM and he will surely send you some pictures of the available types he offers.

9. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I suggest anyone interested to speak to Dennis asap and ask about the black T-grommet that he's having a special order placed. It'll be slightly cheaper just for this special run.

Yeah, I already contacted him. I just wanted to make sure since I got confused about the square grommet. I didn't realize the single hole grommet in the pic had a squared head, I thought it was the T-type and Square-type being names use interchangeably at first.

10. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

Interested in these grommets. Do I message the OP, or do I message Dennis...or are they the same person?

11. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Yeah, they're the same person. JJ0907 = Dennis

Just please be patient and understanding with his English.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I equipped my JS10 with the small T-shaped single hole grommets and some of the big T-shaped (or square shaped) shared grommets. Especially the small ones are really great. The pictures show it strung with Li-Ning No.1 @27.5lbs. Looks almost impossible that the string will cut through the grommet heads and damages the frame. Pretty nice design, kudos to [MENTION=64143]JJ0907[/MENTION] Dennis!

SM6_1458.jpg SM6_1460.jpg SM6_1462.jpg SM6_1463.jpg

13. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Does this mean no need to rotate them? And do they last only once or twice if they do need turning? Either way it seems more pleasant.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't see a reason why rotating then would be needed - they work in both directions. But let's see how those small ones will look after a couple of string jobs.

15. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I think what he means is if there's a need to rotate the grommet on a restring.

16. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Yeah. Standard grommets need turning or swapping everytime. If these can take 2 or 3 goes then that's awesome.

17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I will receive some of them in 1-2 weeks. My battered SW35's will be happy. Can't wait to try them. @JJ0907 is a real nice and friendly dude. My review will follow. I have some Aerosonic here. If these grommets shine I need a barrow of them.:cool:

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Maybe you should also check out his standard shaped round-headed grommets. They have a decent sized head and seem to be pretty study too. I'm interested to hear how the special ones will perform with that A set of AS.

ucantseeme likes this.
  19. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I see that you still went for it :p

20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Can you provide pictures or links? Ich bin ganz Ohr! Do have some? Interested to trade/sell some?