need help with racket choices that are head heavy and medium flex like a thruster k9000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rtl95, Mar 22, 2016.

1. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

So after all the time of experimenting with rackets, I found that I cannot handle super stiff rackets like a zf2 or js10. I also need a slightly head heavy to head heavy racket along the lines of the thruster k9000. This is because i am on the weaker side of strength and need a little help. I noticed this when playing with the BS10 abd JS 10. I dont need anthing more head heavy that tk9000. I've also tried the tk6000 and found that too whippy for me. The tk9000 right now seem to best fit me, but it's lacking something I cant wrap my head around. maybe something more flexible but only slightly. Any racket opinion will help thanks. Sorry for the long writing.

2. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Alternatives you can consider:
    - lower the tension on your TK9000
    - use a more repulsive string
    - if you want to buy something, perhaps consider TK-Onigiri (head heavy 5/5 and medium flex 3/5)

Justin.

3. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. My strings are strung lower already since i play with mostly plastic and i've read that the tk onigiri has the same kind of whippy-ness as the tk6000 but cant say im certain

4. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    ... or u can wait for TK-99oo relaunch...
    ime, faster n easier to use than the 9k...

5. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

Yes i've been waiting lol but do you know if it has a smaller head like the js10. I have a little harder time with those type of heads but maybe its just i need more time with it. Im also afraid the k9900 is going to turn out stiff like the zf2. Any comments on that would be helpful thanks

6. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    I dont think TK9900 will be easier to use as it will be stiffer (or as stiff as) than TK9000. But the manoeuvrability should be better with TK9900.
    So yeah, why not wait? :)
    Or you can try VT70 etune, it is flex and not as head heavy as TK onigiri.

7. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

did you try apply tape to the head of your racket to make it heavier?

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Smaller head n less stiff due to slimmer shaft.

Between the recall n the coming relaunch, dynamics of the racket might chg due to V rectifications.

9. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

Do you feel like getting power from the k9900 was easy to generate or did you need to use a lot of arm or be naturally strong to use?

10. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Apacs Virtuoso Performance but faster than Tk9k, i have timing problem switching between the two, may be it is due to the weight also, AVP is 3U 86g (rated as 4U) and TK9K is 4U.

11. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Depends on individual...
    Gotta try it to find out for urself.

12. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

I am in a similar boat where I prefer slight head heaviness and medium to medium-stiff shaft. I have owned both the ZF2 and TK9000 but felt they were a bit too stiff for me and have sold them. My choice of racket is the Victor HX800 but I also know this is a racket many people dislike. The stiffness is between TK6000 and TK9000, but the head is slightly lighter and smaller than both. If you think the TK6000 is too flexible, I think that the rackets you should perhaps look into are the Victor Jetspeed 8PS, Victor Thruster K7000S or the Li-Ning N90-III. If you want an extremely head heavy racket with a medium-stiff shaft, consider the Li-Ning N55-III.

13. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

Thanks for the advice on rackets and i wish i could try them but i currently live in a place with no stores and dont have the budget to try them all lol i also like the head heaviness of the thruster k9000 so something similar is good. I would also like to try the hx800 but i think it will just lack umf when i use it

14. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    I think hx800 3u does not lack oomph that much. It gives you a powerful smash IMO.
    I smashed harder with hx800 3u than vt70 4u (probably wrong comparison).
    However, hx800 vibrates a lot when you hit off the centre.

15. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

well u didnt think it lacked oomph as a racket but i think if i used it then it might lol u probably have more natural strength than me. Im kinda not looking at the hx800 because i have tried the braveswords 10,11, and 12 and while i get a steeper smash, they are slower as well and more fatiguing to use, so a i need a racket with natural oomph built in but not so much that it becomes thor's hammer lol