Ko Sung-hyun

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by weewee, Jan 8, 2011.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

ha ha ha that funny incident. Lol never expect Ko Sung Hyun to hit Kim Ha Na. That is a freak incident. Ko Sung Hyun admitted that he accidentally hit Kim Ha Na not purposely. Well what to do the action has been done and he cannot undo it. Jokes aside.

Lets see how is Ko Sung Hyun performance in this week tournament having to do double duties again playing in XD and MD again. Smile.

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

You think he'd admit to doing it on purpose?
    He just saw his chance for revenge...

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Again, we have exposed someone's intentions.

Kim ha na was on Ko Sung Hyun's hit list for quite some time now. KSH had enough of her flop outings. He chose the most painful moment and BINGO!

@kwun agreed?

seagame2001 likes this.
  4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    maybe it will hit the right nerve and she will suddenly play like Zhao Yunlei!

ytam1 likes this.
  5. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

Zhao Yunlei hasn't been playing that well lately either? is she over her injuries?

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Jokes and funny jokes indeed. Anyway just as said KSH perhaps might be very fed up with his non performing partner indeed. Hence it is high time for him to teach her proper lessons after all. Hi... hi...:p:Do_O

7. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

ko sung hyun & partners went up one place to #3 in the world in XD and up two places in MD to #5! well done ~

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Time's running out for Kim/Kim it seems...

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  9. event

event Regular Member

Yes and no. Things would have looked very different, had Koo/Tan won last night, as they nearly did. Kim/Kim have 3 results just under 5000 points that they could replace with good performances and they still have 2 SS and one GPG to go after this weekend, where they are still going. Making the quarter-finals in KL has given them an extra 1700 points already (to Ko/Shin's ~1000) and if they win the tournament, they could be ahead of Ko/Shin right there. But you are correct that the race is very tight. Especially with Shin having failed to qualify in mixed (his only remaining chance being to win Singapore, China Masters and BAC while Xu/Ma stay exactly where they are!), I believe that Ko/Shin will be highly motivated to finish the month strong and that the Korean coaches will basically send whoever ends up ranked higher. I could be wrong.

10. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

why do they get an extra 1700 to ko/shin's 1000? i don't really see the korean association picking a pair based on ranking i feel like they'll have to think about it more especially since they have the potential to get two medals? and i think one pair is more likely to perform on big occasions than other so that might be a factor..

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It might - but thats another thing in Ko/Shin's favor, theyre the ones with the WC Gold, not Kim/Kim. I think this will make the rest of the qualifying period very interesting....cant remember such a tight race for qualification. The only exception would maybe be Chen Jin's 2012 qualification, but that wasnt against compatriots.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I posted this right before this tournament started. I posted this. And guess I am just right after all. Ko Sung Hyun crashed out in both his quarterfinals match for MD and XD match.

For his MD match he lost to Chai Biao / Hong Wei. Well if I am a sore loser then I would say that the officials have all conspired to throw him our of the MD match and let Chai Biao / Hong Wei win. But hi it is not like that. I am not a sore loser. I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Chai Biao / Hong Wei to win. I watched that whole match live and I can just sum it all up. Both Ko / Shin are just too tired to play. Unfortunate as both had to do double duties hence cannot win. I will never balms their opponent.

In the XD match too it is like that. Ko Sung Hyun is just to tired to play his XD match. Again it is all due to double duty. I am not a sore loser. Congratulations to the Danish XD for playing so well to win his match.

I am not a sore loser here and I definitely won't say that all the officials have conspired to throw him out of his XD and MD match. However, I guess right now Ko Sung Hyun must make a choice. He must choose between XD or MD. Playing in 2 disciplines for every tournament that he has participated is not doing him any good. :(o_O:confused:

13. jma97

jma97 Regular Member

before joining this forum I've never blamed court officials for why my fave players lost? like maybe the opponent just played better and they should get credit for it. it's such a new concept to me lmao

I think that ko has always played both MD & XD but it's probably a combination of that and all these continuous tournaments.. As he's already qualified for Rio in XD I think he should concentrate more on his MD. maybe pull out of some tournaments in XD and just play MD or give MD 70% and XD 30%?

he's entered into the China masters in only MD so I guess we'll see if his performance is better then?

visor likes this.
  14. event

event Regular Member

I must have miscalculated. The point is the weakest result that they are replacing with new performances. I thought they were using a 4320 but actually, their Malaysia Open result was replacing a 4900 point result, while Ko/Shin were looking to replace a 5040. Still, reaching the quarter-finals was more of an advantage for Kim/Kim but that is now moot. They are going up to #3 and Ko/Shin will drop to #6 but still only 2000 points behind. It will be interesting to see both who ends up in front and who gets chosen for Rio.

j4ckie likes this.
  15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It is a nice problem for Korean BA to have, 3 good performing MD. Will it be enough to win gold in Rio, I wonder ......

j4ckie likes this.
  16. Nine Tailed Fox

No.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Wow..

Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Gi Jung ready to rock the world ?

18. esppy

esppy Regular Member

More like Yonex F-90 shuttlecock destruction.

19. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Ready to rock Japan open, after that Ko and Kim GJ will partner youngsters Kim Jae Hwan and Choi Sol Gyu respectively

20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Never seen Choi SolGyu play doubles before.
    Is he any good?