2016 Celcom Axiata MALAYSIA Open SS Premier - FINALS (10th April)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 9, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Venue
    : Malawati Stadium, Shah Alam-MAS

Total prize-money : US$550,000

Tournament website : http://badmintonmalaysiaopen.com/

BWF page : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/tournaments/2338/celcom-axiata-malaysia-open

Live-streaming : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

MAS time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=13009&forma=Find Time

FINAL ORDER OF PLAY (01.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...0E6107-082C-4213-9BD3-275899B78F26&d=20160410

CHN has most representatives in last round with three slots, followed by KOR and host MAS with two then INA, THA, TPE have 1 final berth each. Overall, this second Premier event offers many unexpected surprise until semifinal stage.

WD, Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang (CHN) v Jung Kyung Eun/Shin Seung Chan (KOR)
    H-2-H stats : 0-0 / WR : 7 v 6
    Tang/Yu had passed the hardest obstacle Matsutomo/Takahashi at quarterfinal after two previous defeats and the victory over current best WD combination certainly delivers morale boost to tackle Matsuo/Naito at semifinal. China domination in this category is little bit shaken early this year when they failed in All England and India Open, it will be good chance for their shuttlers to pick first title in new season at top level tournament against Korean leading pair Jung KE/Shin SC. The world number 6, Jung/Shin overcame Indonesian threat Maheswari/Polii in relatively comfortable fashion.

MD, Kim Gi Jung/Kim Sa Rang (KOR) v Chai Biao/Hong Wei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 3-5 / WR : 8 v 7
    It's totally out of prediction that Kim GJ/Kim SR overpowered their more illustrious teammates world number one Lee YD/Yoo YS in quick match. Chai/Hong were forced to play tight contest against Danish giant-killer Conrad/Kolding who stunned defending champion Ahsan/Setiawan earlier. It's equal chance for both finalists as they have similar type of play, fast furious attacking style. MD category have produced new champion in first two Superseries tour this year, Ivanov/Sozonov and Gideon/Sukamuljo but not here. Last time the two Kims tasted glory in China Open last November while Chai/Hong took 2015 edition of IND Open.

XD, Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    H-2-H : 1-6 / WR : 12 v 2
    Local pair once again will defy all odds in final as they did in semifinal, a superb action by Chan/Goh to topple China top-ranked pair Zhang N/Zhao YL despite the Malaysian dropped first game. Nothing to lose and home crowd support exactly played the role for their stunning victory over their more fancied opponent. Indonesian best combination, Ahmad/Natsir show consistency and positive performance en route to the final including last two rounds against Adcock/.Adcock and Fischer/Pedersen. But they should be extra wary how to face the high-confidenced Chan/Goh tomorrow.

WS, Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v Tai Tzu Ying (TPE)
    H-2-H : 6-5 / WR : 4 v 9
    Former world champion is back to her best, cruising to two finals in a row is true evidence how Intanon keeps her momentum prior to Rio 2016. She scored first ever winning over Wang Yihan, the player whom she never beaten before with poor head to head statistics. Next, she will be tested once again after IND Open quarterfinal last week by another stellar talent Tai TY. The Chinese Taipei displayed her brilliant deceptive shots to outplay Saina Nehwal. Badminton fans will be treated by these two finalists to present fascinating badminton.

MS, Chen Long (CHN) v Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
    H-2-H : 12-11 / WR : 1 v 4
    The ideal and most anticipated final of all categories when two high profile names face off to hunt top honour. Lee Chong Wei is doing his routines to enter final and has not yet find strong challenge so far including to outclass two Danish stars, Axelsen and Jorgensen at last eight and semifinal respectively. Chen Long at the other side denied humiliating defeat to the qualifier, Indonesian rookie Jonatan Christie in last four. The aggressive Christie really gave huge pressure to defending champion when he smashed all the way to take first game 21-8. Chen proved his world number one status to stay calm on the verge of losing and turned the tables to nail second game, 21-19. The experience brought him to finale and face his arch-rival, Lee won over Chen in last two meetings, CHN & HKG Open end of last year and is favoured to bag his 11th title Malaysia Open.

nilesh123, Vijay P., renbo and 2 others like this.
  2. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

That last ms match makes it all worth watching. Hope cl gets back to his best.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks @CLELY for the analysis.

there is not a bad match for the finals. so exciting!

CLELY and blabl like this.
  4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow ahead of the finals, I would like to say congratulations to China. They have the most number of representatives in the finals. China performance is definitely very good. This is one of the best China performance in SSP tournaments. Congratulations. Even Chai Biao / Hong Wei gets to enter their first ever MD finals for the SSP tournament this year. Wow congratulations Chai Biao / Hong Wei. You have proven that your win over the good Korean MD, Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol is not a fluke. You play so well and really deserve to win that match. Imagine it even countries who are good in badminton such as Japan have no representatives in the finals which makes me feel sad. So sincerely hope that there will be no conspiracy theories saying that all the officials have conspired not to let Japanese players play in the finals by conspiring to kick them out.

I just post this to serve as a reminder. See Japan have no representatives to play in the finals at all. See Japanese supporters also never said that officials have conspired not to let their players play in the finals. I am a great fan of Japanese players too but I also never say that.

Sorry to say this. I am now playing the role of a bad guy here. I feel that all these conspiring theories of not letting a player play or advance which has been kept repeated in this forum since quarter finals must be stopped to prevent any bicker arguments and untoward fighting afterwards.

I have decided to post this as a reminder to everyone in this forum. Whenever we want to post something, think first then only type and send. After we have typed and send please read through our post again. If it is provocative and can stir arguments please delete it or edit it. I feel that maintaining peace is the utmost priority in this forum.

Jitticus and kwun like this.
  5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow you have found the method and ways to ban trolling people. Guess this is good as it can prevent those who likes to troll and create unnecessary trouble later.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    one person was already banned today. not necessarily for trolling, but for using some very insulting language.

In general I'd like to give members the freedom to express their views. However, at the same time we also need to maintain a civilized discussion environment so the bar need to be set somewhere and reminders need to be sent when necessary.

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

The Losing finalist will be

[​IMG]

blabl likes this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

China will win WD surely.

Chai/Hong vs Jung/Rang is 60/40

blabl likes this.
  9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh wow friend. Then do you think that the China WD Tang Yuanting / Yu Yang win over the great Japanese WD is superb. Both had tried to win over them in their previous tournaments but couldn't. So happy that both of them had finally won over Ayaka Takahashi / Misaki Matsutomo in the Malaysia Open. So good. The China WD played so well yesterday and really deserved to win. Agreed?

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right friend. Chai Biao / Hong Wei can surely win over Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang easily.

Tang Yuanting/ Yu Yang will also win their WD match easily over the Korean WD.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

I will also like Tai Tzu Ying to nail this one

Ahmad/Natsir to win a XD title after long time.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

One of the Kim is bit disrespectful....

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh which Kim is disrespectful?

14. Nine Tailed Fox

One with longer hair.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay that should be Kim Sa Rang. But can you explain why you say he is a bit disrespectful?

16. Nine Tailed Fox

I watched him playing against Indian MD and he complained a lot about Indian pair's serve. Also was laughing a lot.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry to hear this. Which tournament are you referring to?

18. Nine Tailed Fox

India Open..2nd Round...Chopra/Pranav vs Kim/Kim.....Court 2....Afternoon match....Easy victory of Koreans....In the 2nd Game,he laughed too much.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh that tournament. Suddenly I remembered. Oh yes it happened last week. I guess I know why. I guess both of them are unhappy when both lost to the Indian MD in the semifinals of the India Grand Prix gold. Hence when both won over the Indian MD in the second round I guess both of them are just too happy and over reacted.

20. Nine Tailed Fox

Do you believe there will be a fight here during Chen Long vs Lee Chong Wei's match tomorrow ?
    JiaYou fans vs Boleh fans ? Us neutrals will not take part in that fight.