Yonex DUORA-10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jul 1, 2015.

1. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

Thanks esppy, I have an arc11 as well but with a slight crack so it's my backup racket now...whenever I play with it long time after zf2 I can really feel it's much lighter like a "hollow" feel in the frame head. But the arc11 is still a really comfortable racket to use and I like it.

Does it make any sense that I am training with 3u zf2 now so make myself "used" to it so I can perform even better with not so demanding rackets? I have played with it for about 3 months now( maybe 4-5 hours play every week) In general I feel ok with the racket, not too tiring except when I am practicing clears with a partner non stop(then I can slowly feel the tiredness building up). Also I am using aerosonic .61 25/27 on zf2, and I find the string a bit dull compared to 66um or even 80 which I have tried before..

brave likes this.
  2. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Finally got to try it on Wednesday and Thursday. Coming from a head light racket before, the forehand swing does need some getting use to. When the timing is right, it is amazing. As for backhand, it is fantastic. I need to get more time with the racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I cant choose between Original or LCW version.
    I like both. :D
    Wish i could spend my money to buy both.

4. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Buy one first. Get the other next month.

buibui2 likes this.
  5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the suggestion :D

6. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

quick question here. is the duora10 lcw really limited edition? or just 'limited'? wonder if it will still be in stock couple of months later..just don't feel like buying racquets now ;S

7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Frankly, the SP version will stick around, if you're game on the JP code then hurry, once sold, no more.

Just take a look at the VTZF2LD... If you hunt hard enough(actually not really that hard), you can still get the yellow. Otherwise, chill out, you got plenty of time; at least a year to say the least.

8. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

I have VTZF2LD JP 3U white..bought in japan but didn't know it was limited..the experience of buying a racquet in jp is just different from getting a jp version here (HK)..haha. It was also cheaper than HK for the same model

9. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

but tbh I have not managed to test the same model of JP and SP variations, some people say they can feel JP is better but some say its same. Guess its just personal preference? any thoughts on this?

10. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    If you actually read the words on the racket, it actually says: Heat and Cool. Heat = forehand, cool = back hand :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. esppy

esppy Regular Member

As is the same I tell everyone: one piece, you'll be hard pressed to find any difference pending luck.

But once you get multiple, the JP code quality control shines. 10 pcs of JP vs 10 pcs SP, you'll o_O.

Case in point: I used to have couple SP and couple JP NR800, when they said it was headlight, one of my SP felt so even balanced it's not even funny. JP ones; yes they ARE headlight, consistently.

Being in the SP zone and if you get JP, you dont get the warranty of SP, and down here, Arc11 SP x2 = 1x Arc11 JP. It's that hard for me to justify the JP.

As it stands a rough gauge of prices are:
    1x JP = 1.5x TW = 2x SP
    I would so take TW because of the cleaner cone and shaft (less decals and logos) but again, warranty.

Tien, hannster and hazariel like this.
  12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

any difference in playing with Duora10 and Duora10-LCW?

13. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

thanks esppy! thats very informative. too bad I never seen any TW coded in hk..don't think they offer it. only found some Germany version at some shop before..

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Ah. Go up further abit to "Taiwan – The Heart of Asia" and I guess you'll find plenty. Cheap(er) TW ones, you got to hunt the correct shops... sadly. There are other ways to get your paws on one, but its too much risk and so far people just tend to play you down/doubt you if you ever mention it... so I dont bother.

HK is in the SP zone hence well, you dont get TW parallel imports.

I've a friend who swears by TW code, and the laser engraving has a dead giveaway to whether its authentic or not, at one observation. This despite multiple rumors/claims that TW code is the most easily cloned and etc. Come on, SP and JP too, they get cloned fairly alot. So instead of buying what one thinks is the "least cloned", why not just get one with a very obvious way to authenticate? Lol.

Also, Taiwan Yonex responds to e-mail inquiries on authentication as well. AFAIK.

The missing SP on the shaft and PBSI logo on the cone makes things looks so much better, cleaner and similar to JP code.... :(

15. ccgp123

ccgp123 New Member

my play style has been hard smash, and my racquets has been on Voltric line recently ( VT-80, Z-force, Z-force II ). However, since I play double most of the time now, I have been looking for another type of racquet to see if I can play better or not. Saw many players at the place I play use ARC 11, but I did not get convince to make the change. Saw Duora line came out and looks like a good concept that fits my needs. Place an order on LW version with red NG98 26lb and tried yesterday and here is my take:

- shaft is not as stiff as the Voltric
    - smash is not as good as Voltric
    - forhand clear shots needs more power compare to Voltric which is effortless
    - drop shots are ok
    - net shots are ok

now comes to the part that convinced me, at least to try for another week is on the backhand shot, my weakness. It hits further, faster, and reaction to the smash ( def or block shot whatever it calls ) are quick. Compare to Voltric, it saved more points, but less excitement as the smash is weaker :p

still struggling here, more excitement or better on def / backhand? well, let's see. It definitely missing the power I used to enjoy.

16. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Honestly. No one can decide for you. If you are offensive play even in doubles. Stick back to your ZFII. But do remind that doubles you will have less chance to smash in your position and it's about speed. Most of the time you're in defensive play. My advice, D10 still the most suitable and ideal for doubles play. ;)

#1116 T.O.P, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    edvine likes this.
  17. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Thanks for the review. I'm playing doubles too and have been using NR900. Backhand is my major weakness, but my smash is also lacking in power. Maybe I should give this racket a try too.

18. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

Has anyone strung bg80 on duora10 lcw and tell how it felt?

19. taufiqmahyudin

taufiqmahyudin New Member

[​IMG]

My second duora 10 LCW

Sent from my Lenovo S650 using Tapatalk

hazariel likes this.
  20. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

Nice. How much?