2016 Badminton ASIA Championships : FINALS (1st May)

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 30, 2016.

1. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

but instead blabl is probably celebrating with 2 bottles of soju because Chang/Lee are going to Rio.

visor, Sundis, blabl and 1 other person like this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You don't seem to understand the Japanese loyalty to the company they work for, and the two pairs belong to different companies. Just one case, for whatever reasons, and people are able to generalize and read so much into it, if only life is that simple.

pcll99, kwun and volcom like this.
  3. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

LD vs LCW match. Let yall in on a secret. I could overhear Hendrawan telling LCW in Indonesian to try to move LD around in the break on the 2nd set. He told LCW be patient . If he can catch up good but he cant its ok. And one can see LCW patiently moving LD around while LD was trying to make up for his 1st set folly. LD inject lots of pace and use quite a lot of power smashes to subdue LCW. However have yall noticed that LCW didint give LD many chances to strike? Begining 3rd Set LCW flew like a ferrari while LD was tying to catch a rest. He gave up after 11-1. i doubt LD would do that in Rio .Having played back to back tournaments LD knew no point to chase and LCW knew it also.

CL vs LCW. 2nd Set LCW tried to attack with power but CL was more patient. Smashing only when he was in good position. But LCW later change tactics and played patient game towards the end waiting for the 3rd Still Cl took it.

3rd Set was neck and neck. But you can see LCW hardly attacked.His smashes was half hearted used only to make CL return a type of shuttle where he can kill without using too much energy. The pace of the shuttle is quite fast and LCW was pacing himself in movement around the Ct rather than smashing. CL was being pushed around all the time.

If LCW can keep up like that, both LD and CL will have tough time. Only hope is LCW choking reflex setting in.

pcll99, visor, kwun and 1 other person like this.
  4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Didint know Nepotism is affecting Indonesia's rise. As for sending players from a certain ethnic group , I personally thought that indonesia has a mix bag of players coming forth as weel as the establish ones., and are performing irrespective of Ethnicity.

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Reminds me of this match:

LD winning 1st set, rallying LCW around 2nd set, then exploded off like a Lamborghini in the 3rd set 11-1 ;).

But I prefer LD to play like this instead:

Justin L likes this.
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Actually the game was perhaps more this:

LD chasing back from 16-20 to win 1st set, rally around 2nd set and blast off 3rd set ;)

Looks like LCW has learnt well as a seasoned veteran :)

pcll99 likes this.
  7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s not that simple either. They can do the company pride thing in the Japanese league. It s about not jeopardising their own OG position.
    If AT/MM were to do a CHN, you can be sure NBA will do a Momota on them and that will be sayonara to their OG dream.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Hazeef likes this.
  9. Hazeef

Hazeef Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for these matches. It reminds me of how exciting all of their encounters are.. We can see how their games, tactics and strategies evolved throughout the years.. Doesn't matter who wins, we should just enjoy each of their upcoming match(es). We may not be able to enjoy this kind of rivalry anymore after rio..?

well-son likes this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nothing complicated either. There's such a thing called internal rivalry, regardless of nationality. Nonetheless, my second point is the main concern, hope you don't make the same mistake. Btw, your phrase 'do a CHN' makes no sense, there's no such idiom though I understand your sneaky, ill-intentioned implication from the context and fully aware of where you're coming from.

well-son and volcom like this.
  11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

"do a Momota on them"! hahah, nice expression!

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Indonesia-so-good-at-badminton-and-very-poor-at-football

The scene's improving under the current Wirjawan. They restructured and reformed the whole PBSI.

They have been more inclusive since zero medal in London.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

no need to get personal and use ad hominem arguments. It is all reasoning until now, lets keep it that way

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

As for your second point Justin, when one "case" is commendable, lets celebrate it. When it is not so admirable, lets criticise it. Indeed very simple.

15. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student

Can someone tell me if the commentators are really that biased as said in the comments below the video.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid you still don't get it. I repeat, you simply can't generalize, extrapolate and read a lot from just one case and compare entire nations based on it; that's much worse than ad hominem attack/criticism.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You are afraid the match-fixing cases come up again, I can understand that. But here the Japanese pair deserve our praise, that's it. Don't be stingy with it!

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, I mentioned this about LCW's new style of play in his thread.

Welcome to LCW Ver. 2.0 :)

well-son likes this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Huh? What has stinginess got to do with it ? I'm afraid you've lost me again and you still missed my point about over-generalization and over-thinking based on just one incident, and, to put it bluntly, your strange uncalled-for admonition " Not to be confused with their North East Asian neighbours" (which led to the subsequent riposte, including coining the 'do a CHN' phrase).

well-son and volcom like this.
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    needless to say, these 2 match videos will be the most played video in BAM and CBA the next 3 months.

visor likes this.