2016 TOTAL BWF Thomas-Uber Cup Finals - Day 2 (16th May) : Group Stage

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 15, 2016.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

I am afraid it will not happen. Brice ego is really big. After he beats ouseph and jorgensen, He was asked if Gade helps, and he saids "not at all" (while he clearly helps him during his matchs)...

Gade will help a lot of players, and hels builds good basement for youngster, but Brice probably not this much.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry to hear that. Brice is not doing himself a favour then,having the right attitude is as important as aptitude.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Do you have a dislike feeling toward INA fans, players in general? Please give them a chance.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Tahniah apa itu Tahniah? What does "Tahniah" mean? I am Indonesian and I do not know that phrase. That is Malay not Indonesian language.
    It should be "Selamat" not "Tahniah"

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

yep... INA 3rd WS, Hana Ramadhini is higher ranked than NG Wing Yung #365. Hana, definitely had to win today and she has delivered.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So congratulations to the Indonesia team who won 3-2 today. Wow the match is extremely long too.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Tomorrow is the match to determine the winner of Group C:
    1:30 PM Uber Cup - Group C THAILAND[​IMG] - [​IMG]INDONESIA Main Location - 2 TV

INA can at least be runner up of the group and move on to next stage.

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

He is the undisputed mind reader of LD and he channels what LD is thinking to all of us in this forum.

nokh88 and Loh like this.
  9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

By the way, who is "your kind"? Let's have a healthy discussion. Everybody loves to support the underdogs even if it is impossible to win against the GOAT with probability of 0.0000001 % Peace

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Note: Off topic.

But i wanna mention here, Laura Sarosi of Hungary has got free entry into Olympics because of her sportsmanship act @ European championships.

Here is the story.

The Hungarian badminton player, Laura Sárosi showed what fair play truly was, her humane action astonished the world, which now celebrates her as a hero. She had a really important game at the European Championships, she played to get qualified to the Olympics in Rio, as winning at such a Championship would give many points to the victor, more than other competitions. Her opponent was Karin Schnaase in the second round of the Champs, a German competitor, who got into an unexpected situation. Schnaase’s shoes broke during the match, and she did not have spare ones, so she could not continue the match (according to rules, there was no option for her to leave the court and get new shoes somehow). If it were not for the Hungarian player!

Laura Sárosi could have easily gained victory simply by just waiting, but, instead, she acted as a true sportswoman when she lent her own spare shoes to Schnaase, thus, making her able to continue the game, which actually ended with the German’s victory. However, Sárosi is celebrated among sportspeople for her selfless and beautiful act.

nokh88, Loh, KB@TB Em and 4 others like this.
  11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Not the first time blabl trying to write Indonesian ending up more like Malaysian. :D

Although I might be able to understand 70-80% of my Malaysian friends, but sometimes they do use Malay words that's either non existent in Indonesian, differently used or old languages for Indonesian. This might also apply vice versa.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My most recent recollection of the underdog prevailing was right in Singapore during the Singapore Open this year. I was so delighted to see it happening right before my eyes.

Both CL and the GOAT announced publicly that they wanted to win the title, especially for the GOAT who had tried a few times but did not succeed.

Both failed. I guess the GOAT must be playing to only 50% of his ability because he even lost to a "discarded veteran" from Indonesia who made a triumphant comeback to beat him in the semis and went on to take the SO.

That warrior is Sony Dwi Kuncuro. :)

Baddyforall and nokh88 like this.
  13. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    safe to say india is out of the Thomas Cup?

14. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    think I'm missing out on the whole joke about Lin Dan being labeled GOAT... how did he get that nickname?

nokh88 and Loh like this.
  15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The Fox will reply on behalf of the GOAT? :rolleyes:

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am also confused. I thought he had a goatie. But...oh what a nickname!! What will they think of next?

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    When LD loses, he plays with only 50% of his ability, or...this and that. Not because his opponent was playing better that day.
    Why compete if you don't want to win the tournament?

Baddyforall and Loh like this.
  18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    GOAT simply stands for Greatest of All Time

pathan likes this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Why quibble over Lin Dan's spare cash, or, to put it bluntly, crumbs ?! Better to appreciate his kindness and generosity as OneToughBirdie was discernible enough to explicate. Considering the number of times and the kind of players Lin Dan was beaten by the last one two years, some twice, nothing special. Like I said you're not really into supporting the underdog as indrg mistakenly thought you are which elicited his ingenuous question to me about what's "your kind".

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm surprised you're kind and bothered enough to explain when it's apparent that's not what they want about the acronym (not nickname) GOAT.

pathan likes this.