2016 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : Round of 16 (2nd June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 1, 2016.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Which is your favourite Lu Xun's work?

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The match today has ended with a straight sets win to Lee Chong Wei.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    From his win over Angus, LCW is in good form. The remaining 3 players in his half poses no threat to him. He should be in Sunday's final.

blabl likes this.
  4. Master

Master Regular Member

H2H LCW vs WZM is 16-0

Is that H2H record the biggest gap in badminton?

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You must be very happy now. Playing the last late night match of the day Lee Chong Wei still win the match.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LCW always do his best no matter who his opponent is.

blabl likes this.
  7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nothing to be happy about. I saw the match and just stating the facts. He is not my favourite player and he has won this tournament before.

#147 nokh88, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    blabl likes this.
  8. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    So, Indonesia only have 5 representatives in QF. What interesting is all of them are junior players.

9. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    And no MD

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

10. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Hmm I am daring to say.. That ther could be a probability of Jonathan vs LCW final?

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Clearly, you're the one who is not objective, not seeing beyond the surface,and making conclusions based on superficial observations. And instead of countering my argument with reasoning, you resort to making accusations of my supposed bias, generalizing with " Whenever a chinese player loses, it's always -in your mouth- a variation of "she/ he made too many errors" or "he/ she was so tired", it's strangely always about them losing their match rather than the other players winning." - when you know jolly well that could not be the case as I only mentioned certain specific cases, not or never all Chinese players, eg Wang Zhengming of whom I've been critical for some time, Qiao Bin, sometimes Tian Houwei, occasionally Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian, a number of times Sun Yu, and even a few times none other than Li Xuerui's earlier defeats, but obviously you are blind to all of them.

In your previous post, you used the term 'dominate' - a strong word - not just played better. I'd go so far as to argue that in this match, it's not so much TTY playing better, but LXR playing much worse than normal, for some strange reason, and it has happened once before. We are all fully aware (I believe you are too) of LXR's attacking prowess and equally her defensive abilities no less - how often did we ever see LXR unable to move or left stranded as if she didn't see the opponent's shots coming time and again, if not because of some reasons revealed later or best known to herself ?

As for TTY, we're also quite aware of her strengths and weaknesses, deceptiveness is her speciaslty, no doubt - therefore, if she can dominate LXR as you claimed, then how come she doesn't have the results to show yet and instead often lost to players she is fancied to beat ? Talking about deceptiveness as a forte, I'm sure Intanon Ratchanok is no less impressive, yet nobody would say she dominates LXR (their H2H is 7-4 in LXR's favour), much less Wang Yihan against whom their H2H is still overwhelmingly in WYH's favour, 12-1.

Don't get me wrong, I've always held a high regard of TTY's game, just that I also believe she is one of the most error-prone and inconsistent players among the top 10 WS for the last 5 years or so. And that's exactly what's holding her back, and ,sorry to say, I don't believe she can suddenly improve by leaps and bounds, not for a once child prodigy who has been in the circuit for so many years already, esp when her weaknesses, such as her propensity to play overly fanciful, disguised or trick shots, being error-prone, etc, is like second nature to her. Well, perhaps, she may prove me wrong in future, but, at the moment, I'm doubtful.

12. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I don't know what to expect of LD now. I thought LD didn't have what it took to become #1 again after his disappointing year in 2015. And then LD comes out of nowhere to win All England. It's as if LD wanted to show Li Yongbo he can still do it when he wants to. But aside from his AE win and his other win in Germany (or Switzerland, can't remember), LD hasn't reall done anything this year.

Last year, I originally thought LD didn't really care much for a 3rd Olympic gold. But then LD made the trip to Rio to test out the new gymnasium. So LD does care about a 3rd gold.

As for whether LD was protecting himself from injury or some other reason, who knows. Certainly, LD is playing poorly in 2016, aside from the All England win and his other Germany/Switzerland win. The question is, will we get the LD that got dumped out of the 2015 WC or will we get the 2016 All England LD? I guess we'll find out at Rio.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Notably, even the most in-form WS player in recent months, Intanon R, who won three back-to-back tournaments, unexpectedly suffered two R1 exits to players she's expected to beat, one to Sayaka Sato and then yesterday to Sun Yu, both within a month or so. I mean, clearly, there's no dominant WS player and it has been so for quite some time. Look what happened to Nozomi Okuhara and Cariolina Marin before her.

14. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    There is no point of arguing, all elite players men or women are eyeing the Olympic gold. Don't read too much into win or lose prior to Olympic. The number one priority is stay injury free and peak at the right time.

Simeon likes this.
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It was the German Open and the All England back-to-back. Quite true, as a Lin Dan fan, I share your apprehension and sometimes I wonder if he can suddenly explode at Rio as LYB thought he would. Just last week even Yang Yang and Wong Choon Han, as well as Peter Gade a couple months ago , all openly expressed their full confidence in Lin Dan for his Rio Olympic quest.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, after seeing some strange results not only in this tournament, I'm beginning to agree with you more and more.

latecomer likes this.
  17. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    If I am right, the two juniors will do what LXR did.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So in the battle of the veterans, Hu Yun prevailed over Sony DK whom someone claimed "had already shown he was better than LD at the Singapore Open!" just for winning their last encounter.

19. Master

Master Regular Member

I'm not agree with the statement "losing in this and that tournament because of there is another BIG event in next couple times".

Why? Because it will make a last defensive reason to excuse someone's losing moment. AND there are always another BIG events as reasons for not winning this time.

After Olympic ended, someone will say "Yeah, by now she/he/they will concentrate to be a real champion in World Championship". Or "It's more important for him/her/them do defending the title on All England than forcing too much in German Open".

vinaries, Maurice MJC and nilesh123 like this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

On the surface, you are not wrong. My simple response to you is - there's more to it than meets the eye. Another is, don't win the battle but lose the war,i.e. Pyrrhic victory.

To add, of course, year after year , athletes set new goals. And the Olympics is not another big event, it is The Biggest Event, once in four years (quadrennial, therefore rare), the most coveted, the most sought-after, with the highest stakes,the most lucrative rewards, for national glory and personal glory on the world's grandest stage, for better or for worse, though,personally, I never consider it the strongest tournament despite having almost all the top 10 to 16 players competing limited to maximum two per nation; I even think it shouldn't be the defining moment of an athlete's career as there are several other important titles and accolades to be won to round up a lifetime achievement.

Moreover, as we know, it's impossible for any athlete to be at his peak in every tournament, so one has to strategise and make special preparations, both physically and mentally, taking precautions to avoid injury or overstretching or over-straining oneself, sometimes requiring sacrificing the lesser goals for the greater, sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances forcing one to make drastic adjustments, and so on and so forth. Just my 2 cents.

necrohiero likes this.