Iskandar Zulkarnain

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Apr 1, 2012.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

comparing him to the indonesian ms stable.. 3 of them in fact ginting, christie and maulana...... he still have a long way to go jonathan christie beat Lin Dan at 18 yrs old for heavens sake....

2. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Apart from JC who're above him, the others are on par with him except they're younger.
    But I do hope he will keep improving himself and try to learn as much as possible from legendary LCW.

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

looks like he has contracted the dreaded malaysian men's badminton player's disease "prematurelyhitabrickwallticitis" (hafiz hashim being the most famous victim)

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I hope IZ will get his revenge over Jorgensen soon.

5. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

He already has all the things he need to become a world beater but mental strength. He almost beat Jorgensen but melted even though he's leading the gamd.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

He's got great passion

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Keep it up IZ! :)

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

after his 1st round defeat in HK open, hope he can cope back his consistence in next week Macau Open...

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The fact that his shirt was threw away either intentionally or mistakenly by his opponent shouldn't matter to his performance in the match. He should have known that JOJ is the type of player that will do such silly thing.

10. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

He is mentally weak. He is also a slow starter, based from the Purple League. I hope he and Hendrawan can work together to improve his technique. He's got talent.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

to be strong player, he must at least beat these players once, and they are Chen Long, Son Wan Ho, Viktor Axelsen, Jan O Jorgensen, Chou Tian Chen, Wei Nan, Tian Houwei etc... or else he never going to be above LCW for real...

12. Helix99

Helix99 Regular Member

He has the tendency to drop the first game and that's why he will never win. He almost beat Son Wan Ho at HK Open but he dropped the first game and thus, struggled to keep up in the third game.

13. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

good player but the young talents from other countries will cream him

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Can the INA trio young guns deal with him?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Iskandar has beaten Ginting twice, but not yet meet Jonatan & Ihsan...

16. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

Lol with rising talents like axelsen, tian how wei etc, iskandar wont get far

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Next month, all the British.

(Kuala Lumpur, 14th), Mr's's, Mr's time, has been temporarily withdrawn from the United Kingdom of great Britain as a result of the injury.
    Ads

The 25-Year-old Iraq has also withdrawn from the Asian badminton team last week, and now has not yet been able to withdraw from the 7th to 12th of March.

Since the end of last December, the Iraq has been out of 3 important games; another games of his absence is the great Malaysian Master of the sibu in January this year.

He said that he had also been allowed to return to training this month, but the injuries were more serious.

He said that the doctor had advised him to take a break for six weeks to recover the full recovery of his back.

He said he would like to be very disappointed at the first time, although he was very disappointed, but it would be better for them to recover in order to take part in the major super series of major horses to be held from 4 TO 9 April.

As Mr Lee is currently suffering from knee injuries, it is not possible to take part in the whole of the United Kingdom, and the former tsing champion zu is the only one in Malaysia.
    Ads

Zu can participate directly in the course of the course, mainly from the withdrawal of the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

The other major Malaysian players who participated in the whole game were male male male counterparts, MR NG WAI-Keung, Zhang Royal and wang yiu, MR HUI KA-man and wen may, Mr Chan Ping-shun and Wu Liu and Mr Chan Kin-Ming and mr lai chan No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Source: http://www.sinchew.com.my/node/1614257/下月全英羽赛·伊斯干达背伤退出 · [​IMG]

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

ok this post is still in mandarin as far as i am concerned

19. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

keep that momentum IZ.. what a game...
    seems like he's improving his composure a lot..and tight net-play;)

20. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

PETALING JAYA: Shuttler Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin has rediscovered his zest for the game under head coach Datuk Misbun Sidek.

“It’s because of Misbun that I’ve done well at the Indian Open. I’m more motivated to succeed now,” said Iskandar, who has been under the veteran coach’s guidance over the last six months.

Iskandar blew away second seed and world No. 5 K. Srikanth of India in the second round before going down fighting to China’s Shi Yuqi in the semi-finals in New Delhi on Saturday.

Iskandar was on the brink of giving up his career before Misbun joined the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) set-up in August last year.

He played at the Kuala Lumpur SEA Games in August but failed to come good as he struggled to regain his form. Iskandar’s only positive result was a victory at the Malaysian International Challenge.

“Misbun coming into the national set-up changed everything for me. We talked all the time and I told him that this could be my last year and I promised to go all out,” said Iskandar.

“I know the fans and management have really pushed me to deliver. The last few months have been really tough on me.

“I’m pleased with my run at the Indian Open this week. It’s my first semi-final since the China Open in 2016 and it has given me a much needed confidence boost.”

With his confidence restored, the 26-year-old Iskandar aims to do well in the Asia Team Championships starting tomorrow in Alor Setar, Kedah.

“I’m not done yet ... I’m looking to put up another good show in Alor Setar,” said Iskandar, who will play as the third singles behind world No. 2 Lee Chong Wei and Lee Zii Jia.

Malaysia certainly need Iskandar to maintain his good form as they look to navigate a Group C test featuring Taiwan, Thailand and Myanmar.

Only the top two teams progress into the quarter-finals while the top four finishers earn automatic tickets to the Thomas Cup Finals in Bangkok in May.

Malaysia are up against Thailand in their first match tomorrow.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/ba...or-the-game-under-misbun/#swUxpZcZxs4L340o.99

Loh likes this.