2016 XiamenAir AUSTRALIAN Open Superseries : FINALS (12th June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 11, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You must be very happy now.

nilesh123 likes this.
  2. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

so close, yet so far.

blabl likes this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Could have gone either way, close.

blabl likes this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A morale boosting title win for Saina going to the Olympics.

nilesh123 likes this.
  5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Very happy! It was a much needed one, how can a player hope for a OG medal if he/she hasn't won a title for over an year. SN knew that too and this why she went all out against RI without worrying about injury or anything! Very well deserved, now she has a most recent victory against two title contenders (RI and WYH) only to worry about LXR and TTY now

blabl likes this.
  6. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

no.. i never said setiawan will play until 2020.. i think setiawan will play until 2018 asian games, before retire for good..

he's still really good player, and pelatnas will use him (and ahsan) to nurture younger player..

remember, ahsan is quite mortal before pairing with setiawan..

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sun Yu's time will come. After Rio, I see her challenging Li Xuerui, together with He Bingjiao and Chen Yufei, as well as a couple others, such as Goh Jin Wei, Kim Hyo Min, Akane Yamaguchi, to name a few.

blabl likes this.
  8. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    stupendous performance by saina. .absolutely well deserved and what a match, perhaps the best match in women's singles in this tournament. .saina never gives up and I never give up on saina. .very happy, congrats champion.

ankur9760, blabl and nilesh123 like this.
  9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I don't think she is eligible to play in the WJC this year. If I am not mistaken this year's WJC is only for those born in and after 1998.

10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Fantastic. Saina did it. Congratulations !

She wins it. And increases her h2h against SunYu to 6-1.
    Both played really well. Saina took it at last before Olympics.

China's title draught.continues. As i said yesterday, i saw 3 chinese WS players in semifinals. As per the current unofficial rule(if the chinese draught in the titles to continue), some other nation has to take the title. That's what i predicted. Saina did it and proved me correct.

nilesh123 likes this.
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Rio is about two months away, wonder whose turn to shine, be the most in-form WS player then.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I see, have to check the cut-off date for those who are not yet 19 years old by then to be eligible. But, anyway, I doubt she'll play any junior tournaments, waste of time, pointless,better to just go full steam ahead in the senior circuit.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It is nice for SN's confidence, but it doesn't mean that she will beat RI and WHY if they meet at Rio

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, she did it. WS match went to climax of five finals, a thrilling and entertaining duel. The more experienced Nehwal saved her best for deciding match after quite confused with her younger opponent perfect variety shots in first game. Sun Yu gave everything to win second Superseries crown but it's still former champion to win narrowly 21-19 at the end and regain 2014 title.

Maiden Superseries and an early birthday gift for Chen Qingchen, she will turn 19 on upcoming 23rd June, no doubt she's one of future stars. The Indonesians Maheswari/Polii missed the crucial shot to close opening game and that's the turning point for the unranked Chinese pair to top podium, what a sensational victory!

A bright prospect for this young man despite losing three games to the on-fire Hans Kristian Vittinghus who grabbed first ever Superseries top honour, a big boost for his badminton career, Danish men's singles players really much improved lately and truly inspired by their Thomas Cup memorable triumphant.

Gideon/Sukamuljo also Lu K/Huang YQ bagged second Superseries title in this year after IND Open last April.The faster Gideon/Sukamuljo showed their potential to be INA number two and overtake Pratama/Suwardi as they will break top 10 soon.

Badminton powerhouse China grabs 2 titles for the first time in 2016 Superseries tour after only won 1 title in All England, IND Open, MAS Premier, SIN Open and INA Premier.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lol I can't remember when I stated that, u completely misunderstood me! I meant the mental boulder began to built even against RI (who wasn't that diff opp for SN earlier) and WYH (SN founded a way to def her after years of hardship) won't deliver any hindrance if she plays 'em at Rio

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Sorry if I misread you. I thought you said she only need to worry about LXR and TTY

nilesh123 likes this.
  17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In the past two years Saina' fitness was not ideal, but it appears that she is well prepared now.

18. sen

sen Regular Member

If she continues playing both Mixed and Women doubles, I think she could in future be the highest prize money earners.

So much money she won here.

19. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Congrats to Saina.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    They are the biggest worries for sure by that I was referring (psychologically). SN has no single recent win to boost her up