INA Team Road to Rio 2016

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by badlove, Jun 17, 2016.

1. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    INA National Team will have closed special training camp in Kudus, Central Java from 10-16 July and another one in Sao Paolo from 29 July. Gold medal will be targeted from MD and XD. Players are promised USD 500,000 per player for each gold from Ministry of Sport.

2. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
  3. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Herry IP and Rexy Mainaky : "We're confident Setiawan/Ahsan will win gold in Rio. Their toughest test will come from China's Fu Haifeng/Zhang Nan".

file%2Fpictures%2F141747%2Fconvert%2F2_625x352.jpg file%2Fpictures%2F141752%2Fconvert%2F7_625x352.jpg file%2Fpictures%2F141754%2Fconvert%2F9_625x352.jpg file%2Fpictures%2F141755%2Fconvert%2F10_625x352.jpg

4. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

yes, i agree..
    CMIIW, they have positive H2H against all pair in rio, except fu/zhang and lee/yoo..
    given lee/yoo having trouble against ahsan/setiawan lately, it leaves the chinese to become their biggest threat..

but i'm sure they will deliver..

5. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    http://www.tribunnews.com/sport/2016/06/30/pbsi-targetkan-dua-medali-emas

menpora-kukuhkan-atlet-olimpiade-rio-de-janeiro-2016_20160623_151507.jpg

Yeah with Herry IP who has produced many gold medals in OG and WC for INA, Setiawan has a great champion mental when playing big tournaments, Ahsan if he already unleashed his beast mode no one could trouble them. The chance to get gold is superbly high for the duo.

For XD, the key is in preparing Owi I think to minimize his errors, once if he's on the roll, they could very well upset Zhang Nan/ Zhao Yunlei.

6. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

but i think ahsan/setiawan and polii/maheswari still have bigger chance to win the gold than ahmad/natsir..

ZZ is too strong.. Silver or bronze would be more realistic for them..

7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Nitya/Polii for me the chance for gold is possible, but serious threat will come from Matsutomo/Takahashi and Chinese pairs. But that might not be the case if Eng Hian could really up their stamina and find the best analysis and strategy to beat their rivals.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

The chance for Towi/Butet is probably the same as Jordan/Debby. Both can win gold if they are playing at their best and keep their nerves in check.

But both could also end up not getting any medal if they can't perform at their peak

9. Dhenny W. Taruna

Dhenny W. Taruna New Member

From neutral perspective. Ahsan/Setiawan has the biggest chance in winning gold medal. XD obviously got a shot but it realy depend on how the men playing. WD is good but i think the bronze is already fantastic but of course they still had chance for gold. The singles is a bit.... well we know indonesia singles nowaday but if they get some mood booster like what happen with fanetri in the WC and maybe a bit of luck by having good draws, a bronze is really realistic. Well from the fans perspective : just wipe out all gold.

sorry if my english is a little bit awkward

10. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

WD discipline nowadays is quite unpredictable, no one is standing out.. but as the world no.1 matsutomo/takahashi has slight advantage..

if they can play at best, the can win the gold.. but who knows, maybe they would crumble again like in 2014 AG final..

Ahmad/Natsir is still have better chance than Jordan/Susanto.. if Ahmad play amazing like 2013 WC they would have a chance for the gold, but we never know with Ahmad. Everything looked smooth until match point on 2015 WC SF, but after merely 1 error, everything over..

i think it would be natural for polii/maheswari to win bronze or even silver.. gold it would be fantastic..

personally, i only expect ahsan/setiawan to win the gold, bronze or silver for polii/maheswari, and bronze at most for ahmad/natsir..

no one would expect our singles could even get a medal dude.. but we never know in sport..

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    https://m.tempo.co/read/news/2016/0...ih-emas-olimpiade-rio-bakal-dapat-rp-5-miliar

From the government, gold will be rewarded USD 500,000, silver USD 300,000 and bronze USD 100,000. With gold also comes lifetime pension of USD 2,000, silver USD 1,500 and bronze USD1,000.

Hopefully this will be a good incentives for our athletes to contribute for our country as our Sport Minister is giving the target of big 30 in the medal tallies. :)

517383_620.jpg

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    A medal is very much realistic I think from this two pairs. If Jordan could play as good as when they beat ZZ in All England Semifinal that would be very nice. :D

Don't worry my English is also a terrible mess haha.

For singles, I would wait and have a big hope for the next generation (Jonathan, Anthony and Ihsan) in Tokyo 2020. I really like this young trio. I also expressed in other thread that I hope one day Hendrawan would come home and help prepare these youngsters for the big titles in the future. They really have what it takes and I'm so happy to see their progress so far.

13. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

my biggest hope is they don't injured frequently like SDK.. hope they can stay fit and healthy..

yeah, maybe after LCW retire, he can return to pelatnas..
    hendrawan is great coach.. MKY is his proof..

and i hope PBSI can keep Eng Hian for a long time to come..

polii/maheswari rise is his proof..

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
  15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
  16. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Yeap, post Rio I think I'm going to follow Jonathan and Kevin as these two very promising youngsters I think will contribute a lot for Team INA's achievement and also their play style is very exciting to watch. :)

17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Closed training kicked off with physical training and recovery training.

Also real match simulation & training together with sparring partners from Pelatnas Cipayung members who didn't qualify for Rio.

Gallery_Karantina_Day1_1.jpg thumb-Gallery_Karantina_Day1_2.jpg thumb-Gallery_Karantina_Day1_3.jpg thumb-Gallery_Karantina_Day1_4.jpg thumb-Gallery_Karantina_Day1_5.jpg thumb-Gallery_Karantina_Day1_8.jpg

18. sen

sen Regular Member

Hendra/Ahsan thinks Fu/Zhang is the biggest worry for them. (but not Lee/Yoo)
    Lee/Yoo thinks Hendra/Ahsan is the biggest worry for them (but not Fu/Zhang)
    Probably Fu/Zhang main worry is Lee/Yoo

19. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Actually, Setiawan mentioned both pairs are tough opponents and adding in fact everyone will be tough opponents when it comes to Olympic.
    Rexy is the one who mentioned Fu/Zhang to be their tougher test (maybe because they have good track record against Korean pair in big events).

Lee/Yoo mentioned Hendra/Ahsan without mentioning Fu/Zhang.

Fu/Zhang no available statement yet regarding their rivals CMIIW.

20. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Pics taken from PBSI's official Twitter account :

Attached Files: