Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. onsfraaske

onsfraaske New Member

Lol, what for comment is that? Everybody can say their opinion. Next time i will post the comment at the olympic tournament

2. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    i just hope WSX won't retire after the Olympic Games whether she's gonna be selected or no...

3. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
  4. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

wow, just wow!

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Cool...

If you can't hit a proper smash,,,,it's difficult to be selected for any tournament.... Good luck to her and her Master Degree. The competition will be tough there in the University too but luckily no Wang Yihan there.

Adios.

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Im sorry to say I will not miss WSX so much. I always found WYH more pretty.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Shixian already got a BA degree in Finance and Economics from Nanjing University. Now she is pursuing a master's degree in Beijing Sports University as a postgraduate student. Good for her. Congratulations.

Maybe marriage is on the cards with Chen Long after Rio Olympics. Hope Chen Long grabs gold as a perfect wedding gift.

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Wedding gift from LD?

visor likes this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Either Lin Dan or LCW who happened to be on the same half of the draw, I hope.:D It is quite possible Chen Long on the opposite half can deal with either one in the final.:)

We can be absolutely sure any one of the three will never give the other two an inch.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So your preference is based on looks rather than badminton skills.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Sometimes. I also think WYH is a better badminton player than WSX.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I really feel for Wang Shixian, only 26 years old and she is retiring, downhearted. She must hold the unenviable record of being deselected for two consecutive Olympic games despite ranking well within the top 10, WR3 in the LOG cycle and WR6 in the ROG cycle. What a blow, double whammy, all thanks to BWF's revised maximum quota rule.

13. funbound

funbound Regular Member

I mean why would we want to see more of the best players compete at the olympics when we can watch players from other countries who won't put up a fight!

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, you'll never see more of Wang Shixian who missed the Olympics twice, not once did she appear. Try to empathize with her.

15. funbound

funbound Regular Member

Was being sarcastic by the way. I am absolutely fuming that WSX isnt selected for Olympics and the rumours of what's next for her.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Get your point.

17. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I have to say I will not miss WSX. I am glad that she is retiring, so I don't have to see her whining negative attitude on court again.

She had her chances to go to the Olympics, chances to win big tournaments, and she only has herself to blame.

18. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Why using such harsh word? You need to back up your statements with facts.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  19. BadSID

BadSID Regular Member

Such a shame, if she's indeed retiring. It was a delight to watch her play.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid you're being unfair to WSX based on that one incident where she got red-carded for stalling in her match with Nozomi Okuhara at the AE'16. It was most unfortunate coming at a crucial time which rattled her and cost her the match when she was leading most of the way in the decider.

As I recalled, it was such a long, grueling hard-fought match,both players were tired and resorted to delaying tactics - NO, the sensible one, diving and falling to the floor a number of times, requiring it to be mopped, and sometimes tying her shoe laces while WSX, who never once fell to the floor, was walking about and biting her nails (on one occasion one of her nails actually split and she was trying to bite it off, indicating to the umpire). Never mind, let's not flog a dead horse.

What I means is many times WSX exhibited admirable fighting spirit, on a few notable occasions she came back from well behind to save matches that seemed all but lost, even when several matchpoints down. Remember thse matches with Saina Nehwal. Nozomi Okuhara (not that AE), P V Sindhu, and one or two others I couldn't recall offhand. In fact, even Li Yongbo said she is more stable and determined , on the whole more consistent, than Wang Yihan.

Wang Shixian, as we all know, her only weakness is her lack of a killer weapon, specifically the smash, to finish off rallies where her consummate placement skills often enable her to build up significant advantages getting her opponent out of position or returning loose shots. Her retrieving ability is well-known too coupled with remarkable stamina running all over the court.

Yes, I admit, oftentimes it can be frustrating watching her play without a good smash to kill the shuttle, thus allowing the opponent back into the rally. But exception does not make the rule, that one incident with NO at the AE shouldn't deserve your condemnation of her as having a "whining negative attitude". We can think of other players who are not criticised for far worse attitude.

Personally,I will never forget how she came back from the abyss after her LOG deselection, most others in her shoes would've just faded into oblivion. This second Olympic blow seems to be the nail in the coffin of her career.

The sad thing now is to see her go when she is still on top of her game at age 26. What a shame. The blame I'd put more on the BWF quota rule in LOG and ROG. What's left for us is to wish her all the very best in her future endeavours.

swunk likes this.