ZM62 Fire reviews and comments

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by zombie0517, Jan 31, 2015.

1. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

So, you change from one string to another string (which is very similar btw).
    You then gain 1 meter on your clears and loose power on your smash!?

This doesn't sound anywhere near realistic, I'm afraid.

2. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I've just ordered li Ning 3 and zm62 Fire. I normally play li Ning 1 at 26x28. Should I stay at the same tension or drop by one pound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Keep the ZM62 Fire at the same tension.

vibgyor1111 likes this.
  4. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

So drop the li Ning 3? 25x27? 24x26? I actually ordered the 62fire from reading your comments visor. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. visor

visor Regular Member

I too prefer the feel of the old ZM62. But it wasn't too hard to adapt to the quite similar feel of the new Fire.

One advantage of the Fire is the coating/jacket is very tough. It will not notch or fray even after a few months of play.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, #3 is 0.63mm, so 1 lb less from #1 and 62F, both of which are 0.65mm.

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I string ln1 2lb higher than fire62.

8. 7171_tomas

7171_tomas Regular Member

Did you stay at the same tension or went higher with 62F? While I am with 62 at 28 at my maximum (and maybe 27 is better) with 62F at 27/28 it was very fine just second day after stringing job, so practically I can go higher 1-2lbs maybe in order to achieve a right tension after the first drop. Smashes were stronger with old 62, did you have the same filling or this is just my first “wrong” impression. I play today again and really looking forward to it. Looks good to me, others reports good tension hold and durability, that is promising.

9. 7171_tomas

If you write it this way, then yes. My first feelings were, softer feel, more user friendly, better clears especially under pressure so backhands as well, visibly better/longer (for me fantastic). Smashes so far a bit slower. For net and blocs it bounce more. Looking forward to try again today after an initial tension drop.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

I think I was able to gradually push it up by 1-2 lbs over a few months to get better crispness and feel, but it could be also due to a slight improvement in my technique and hand speed.

But even at my current 27-28 lbs, I've never broken any ZM62 Fire despite mishits, whereas ZM62 would break on mishit even at 25 lb. So durability is greatly improved.

11. 7171_tomas

:) Great, I will test again tonight and then order a reel. The only question mark is white or orange? I have orange samples, any comment on differences in between? On 62 I felt a difference between red and white.

12. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

The most important thing is what you feel. You should decide based on that.

But I'm fairly sure that your string can't tell the difference between a clear and a smash, so gaining 1 meter (which is really really much) on clears and loosing repulsion on smashes don't add up. It's not the string, it's you.

I suppose that just emphasize, that it's your perception which is the single most important thing when deciding, since it will affect your play through your mind.

13. 7171_tomas

After playing 3 more session, I have to correct my initial feeling, where I thought that 62F is much more repulsive than 62. 62F is a softer feel with a bigger repulsion, and just after stringing job I was able to handle it, while 62 I was not. It was just too hard for me to perform properly, especially backhands. Now when both strings settled down the difference is not as big. I still thing, that 62F has slightly longer shots (clears, backhands) and long defense is easier. Sound is louder but the feel and feedback from the racket is not as direct as with 62, so blocks and netshots slightly better with 62. What works for me, is that the added repulsion helps me under pressure, this is the biggest advantage imo. I am still not able to decide about smash. Now probably 62F is stronger by very small amount or it is just the louder sound. :)

14. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Had a long hiatus for almost a year finally im back playing and get to know there's a new version of ZM62.
    I was fortunate that my local store had the old ZM62 (white) and ZM62F (white) in stock.
    Strung my two of MX80 at 26lbs (a tad lower than the usual 28lbs due to the long hiatus)

My thoughts:

'Feels'/Feedback, ZM62F at first didn't really cut it for me (subjective), it lacks the 'feels' the old ZM62 used to give me which could be from the extra thickness/coating making it feels stiff.

Repulsiveness, I would roughly rate it the same or more repulsive than the ZM62 but due to the 'feels'/feedback that ZM62F gives which i didn't favor, I really didn't push this string hard enough to rate it properly.

Durability, Old ZM62 snaps after 2nd day. ZM62F wins here lasted me for about 1.5 week.

But here's the thing, after 2 days letting the ZM62F sitting down in my bag, I tried to give ZM62F another go and damn it really shines well. It now has the same feel as the ZM62 that I like alot. Now the ZM62F seems to have a better 'bite' than the ZM62 and control wise, obviously better than the ZM62. The extra coating/texture made slices/half smash a joy with knowing ZM62F being more durable gives a tad of confidence in doing those shots more comfortably too.

Just my 2 cents.

15. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

So, I just got my zymax 62 fire from e78 shop, but i was wondering why the packaging looks different from the ones I see online. Is this fake?
    There are chinese words written on the packaging. Can anyone please tell me if this is genuine or not?

Attached Files:

16. badmintony

This is what is on their site. It's the same one I always see online, but the one they sent me was different.

Attached Files:

17. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Looks like a localised product. Website works.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

18. badmintony

So I got a reply from Steve Crandall from Ashaway about the Zymax 62 Fire I bought from e78. Is e78 a reliable source?

Attached Files:

19. badmintony

When you say localised, does that mean re-packed but still an original product?

20. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So I tried ZM62F today, my first impressions are mixed. Like others have said the feeling isn't there, but the power is. It wasn't that I didn't get good shots, at the net or in the rear court, it was just that the impact didn't feel solid. Usually when a string is damp and has no feeling I struggle more with my net shots (will hit the tape a million times).

I think the biggest 'no' for me on this string was the rear court control. For whatever reason I just couldn't get off a good reverse slice drop with this string, maybe it's not grippy enough for me.