Will not be surprised if Chen Long was faking all year long

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

And has been doing so since 2015 World Championships.

I was watching this match and the amount of difference in the level of plays is astounding.

Chen Long starts the match with his body relatively loose,knees barely bend compared to the extreme degree of bending he did in the World Championships 2015.

And After 1-5,i see a whole different intensity and commitment and that extreme level of court coverage that earned him so many titles in 2015, acknowledge the bend too and the little sideways extension of the racket arm in his defense,ex :6-9. Funnily, when LCW gets a near impossible net shot back....Xia Xuanze smiles instead of being worried....CL then maintains the same pressure and gets a comfortable lead(15-11) and from there on....his level drops to where it was in the beginning.

Then chong wei wins 6 straight points and check out CL's pace and commitment and 15-17...almost WC LEVEL..smiles for the next few points and precisely loses the first set.

Against Lin Dan in china open, both players were only at their 50%(CL) and 60%(LD) respectively but when Chen Long increases the pace,he puts LD in trouble often and similarly when LD uses more power/aims for winners,he gets in advantageous position....

If that scary Chen Long is back in Olympics,I won't be too surprised and that would be the ultimate mind game.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, all are playing mind games, avoiding injuries and hiding their actual form. Only poor Chong Wei shows his cards. All the others are more than happy to lose on purpose and gauge his level of play to have the advantage come the majors. Sounds about right...

Tekkai, visor and vixter like this.
  3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Too much conspiracy
    Imo the argumentation LD was often playing under his capabilities due to motivation problems and injury avoiding makes sense. Neither does this mean his opponents were not really good (on these days) nor guarantees it a third gold medal.
    But if ld can't put on a great show in Rio I would be very disappointed. At least he should beat joj in two sets or convincingly in a third set and against lcw mentality could be the deciding factor. Ah how I m hoping for this ultimate semi final...

Back to cl im sure he will play a major role in Rio!
    Anyway I hope swh or va can upset him

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. KISS - keep it simple stupid. too much conspiracy theory.

he used to be good. but somehow lost his edge, either he hasn't found the drive, or his opponent studied his game too thoroughly already.

but hope he will find the fighting spirit this Olympics. If LCW is gonna get a medal, make him work for it!

5. Mate

Mate Regular Member

I think the ''conspiracy theory" is very convincing, especially when we watched the match between Chen Long and Son Wan Ho in 2016 Thomas Cup QF. It is very obvious that Chen Long intentionally lost to create a new history in Thomas Cup. Indeed, it is a new record when China couldn't reach SF in Thomas Cup. A record that will not be broken in near future was created by The Great Chen Long. The is also a secret about why Chen Long also lost in 2014 Thomas Cup and Asian Games team event. His intention was very clear. He wanted to prevent The GOAT Lin Dan from winning too many titles because he wants to win more titles than him.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Great minds think alike;)....exactly that is what I am thinking too:p:D

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whoa, you sounded like a conspirator through and through. The Thomas Cup,esp, and AG Team event are major championships to CHN. How dare Chen Long play punk with it for personal motives, I can't imagine. Li Yongbo who is fond of Chen Long as I see it , will not forgive him for that. As it is, LYB had been kind enough not to come down hard on Chen Long, unlike Cai Yun who lambasted him publicly to the press.

Personally, I believed Chen Long when he said the immense pressure of playing the leading role as MS1 and having to start victorious in the opening match in every tie resulted in an attack of nerves crippling him. Somehow, fortunately, that burden of the pressure of expectations is/was much less debilitating in the individual world championships, allowing him to play more normally, hence his two-peat world title in WC'14 and WC'15.

Actually, I'm not too sure how Chen Long would fare mentally at the Olympics which albeit an individual tournament of epic proportions still places utmost importance on national glory than individual honours, that is, Nation before Self.

As for Chen Long faking his indifferent form, it may not be far-fetched to say there's some truth to it in a couple of tournaments this year, particularly his match with LCW at the MAS Open and perhaps at the BAC where I thought he could've defeated LCW in two straight sets instead of losing in three with the third set badly (the reason he gave was fatigue which didn't seem a good excuse to me though he just played the previous week's CHN Master's final with Lin Dan whereas LCW started the BAC fresh). But I certainly rule out Chen Long faking at the Thomas Cups and the Asian Games, unthinkable to me.

Clearly, it's near impossible for Chen Long to equal, let alone overtake, the GOAT Lin Dan in being the most decorated player in history - 2xOG, 5xWC, 4xAG, 6xAE, 5xThomas Cup, 5xSudirman Cup, and a whole host of other creditable titles are simply very hard to beat, practically unassailable for a long time to come.

Mate likes this.
  8. Mate

Mate Regular Member

I couldn't believe my eyes that my previous post get a very long and serious reply :p. Thank you for that. Actually, you can simply address mathematically illogical reason of "my conspiracy theory". Lin Dan and Chen Long winning Thomas Cup and AG Gold Medal together , mathematically, wouldn't reduce the possibility of Chen Long to get more titles than Lin Dan. Because while it would add more titles to Lin Dan it also would add more titles to Chen Long :D. As for Chen Long was faking his lost to Lee Chong Wei while genuinely, losing to Son wan Ho and The God of Gambler from Japan, we already know what people think about that. We can make a hundred pages book about that based on what BC members have posted on this forum. Anyway, thank you for your nice reply :).

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No problem, Mate (pun intended), take it as a friendly chat.:)

10. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Will he be fined by BWF for faking one year?

11. azorjon

azorjon Regular Member

How they were gonna prove that?

I would like to see someone doing scientific analysis on whether CL faking it or not. Like what they did when proving match fixing in Sumo tournaments. But I'm not sure that it has similar tournament structure though.

Sent from my Andromax C46B2G using Tapatalk

12. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

he was being sarcastic

13. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Interesting part I probably missed. Why was CY lambasted by LYB? What for?

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're mistaken, it was Cai Yun who lambasted Chen Long after the latter's Thomas Cup debacle.