2016 Rio Olympic Games : Day-10 (20th August) - MS Bronze and Gold Medal Match

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by CLELY, Aug 19, 2016.

1. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

You have to wait for many more years before the next LD show up in badminton court to entertain us.
    CL is good also but his style of play is rather boring type.

pcll99 likes this.
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Writing this piece as an INA fan, of course I am happy that the tradition of Gold is resumed in Rio 2016. I thought Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan would take the Gold, however, it's Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir who take home to big prize!

Yet, PBSI must already do the preparation for Tokyo 2020 right from now, especially with Liliyana Natsir and Debby Susanto's impending retirement. Hendra Setiawan is also uncertain to stay while Mohd Ahsan, Tontowi Ahmad, and Greysia Polii probably still have a few good years left.

My big hope for Tokyo 2010 is for Jonatan Christie (WR23) to at least get a medal (to match Viktor's achievement today)! Jojo will turn 19 this year and he will be 23 by the time Tokyo 2010 comes. The same goes for Ihsan Maulana Mustofa (21 yo, WR19) and Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (20 yo, WR31). The next 2 years will be very very crucial to their development and I hope one of them to enter the top 10 by next year.

As for MD, my hope is for Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo and a good partner (at the moment WR11 with Markus Fernaldi Gideon) to win a major title in the next 2 years. Kevin/Markus have already won 2 SS titles this year and a lot will be expected from them. Unfortunately, Markus is nursing an injury right now and Kevin will be paired with a new partner for the next few tourneys.

In WS, INA is still searching for potential talent. Hopefully, Gregoria Mariska (who just won a silver in the Badminton Asia U-19 2016) can rise up to the challenge, together with Fitriani and maybe Ruselli Hartawan.

In WD, the hope is on Rosyita Eka Putri Sari (just turned 20 yo, currently paired with Della Destiara Haris, also still only 22 yo). Della/Rosyita just won the Vietnam Open GP 2016 and reached the SF of Singapore SS 2016. We shall see whether this pair can break into the top 10 by end of the year to ease the burden on Gresysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari.

In XD, Praveen Jordan and Tontowi Ahmad are likely to have new partners. Not sure who they will be but I hope these 2 new pairs can rise up quickly. CHN already has a potential World Champion (IMHO) in either Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen or Zheng Siwei/Li Yinhui. They also still have the service of 2 semi-senior pairs in Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong and Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin.

boon_keng, hartono and azorjon like this.
  3. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Marin has said in an interview that sindhu wanted her to lose her focus and that's why she was not letting her change the shuttles. .lol as far as I remember, it was Marin who started delaying and acting when sindhu caught up with her in the final game and she is blaming sindhu even after winning on the other hand sindhu in an interview said that Marin deserved the gold, it was her day, what contrast in character's. how I wish sindhu had tried a little harder yesterday. .Marin can win all the titles the world has in offering but she will seldom win people's affection and respect the way other players do.

4. super-g

super-g Regular Member

That is nonsense. All WS players don't allow opponent to change shuttle, don't just blame Marin.
    Marin was chosen favourite foreign player by Indonesian fans in 2015, doesn't that mean mean she has won people's affection? More so than even Indian players.
    I don't think there was nothing Sindhu could have done better. Even first game was given to her; at 19-16 Marin made 4 unforced errors and one missed netkill. The match was always in Marin's control, I really wonder how Indian coaches worry about Sindhu's unforced errors when Marin committed much more of them.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Nonsense. Marin got People's affection? uffff... She will not receive any affection. Indonesia alone won't make a whole world.

Lol. I saw how sindhu came back from the deficit and won the first game. she should have played as if she 'thrashed' Nozomi of JAPAN to rubbles in the 2nd and 3rd games. But her physicality did not give her to drag herself to 3 games in such pace. No probs. She will do that in future.

#845 Baddyforall, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  6. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Of course it is not, but proves that she's liked somewhere. Unless you have same evidence she's not liked somewhere (other than India after thrashing their shuttlers at olympics and world championships) we can assume she's liked.

When you play against opponent that is better than you you can't play your own game. That's why she could not play like against Okuhara. And how did Sindhu exactly 'come back' in the first game? Because of Marin's 4 consecutive unforced errors and a missed netkill. Sure you can call that a come back, I would call that a meltdown from Marin.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Although I immensely dislike Marin as a person, I have to say her style of play is far more interesting than everyone else's.

8. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    nonsense is what you are talking about, first carefully read someone else's post and than comment on it, or else zip it up.

9. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Oh it was Sindhu who did not want to change shuttle even if it became slower. That is unsportsmanlike conduct from her, but to be fair all WS players do the same. In MS I haven't seen such behaviour.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i feel terrible..

[​IMG]

visor likes this.
  11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Strong MS era finally. No Gold for LCW, ever, who was apparently LD's best opponent! Chen Long would have crushed LD as required too! Congratulations to CL!

12. Baddyforall

He simply talking non-sense in defense to her statement. He is talking rubbish to whatever you said. Marin's behaviour got her "2 red cards" which nobody in badminton world had ever received in a fraction of seconds.

She is thinking that she is super woman by saying such blame on others when she herself is huge letdown to others except her play.

13. Baddyforall

14. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    who cares what he is talking about, what amazes me is the fact that Marin is trash talking even after winning the gold, had she lost it what would have she done. .she is a sore winner.

15. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Still waiting for evidence she is not liked. Two red cards? So one referee did not like her? That weighs more than being Indonesian fans' favourite? Interesting opinion. She clearly is a huge letdown to Indian badminton fans after thrashing two of their shuttlers in olympics and world championships.

16. super-g

super-g Regular Member

What is this trash talking? It is a fact Sindhu did not want to change the shuttle, correct? Why would she not want to change the shuttle if Marin asked? I can not see any other reason than mind games really. What is your theory? If the shuttle slows down it is supposed to be changed.

17. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Damn, my prediction was correct. Feeling bad for LCW and LD but happy for CL too. Finally, CL has his own identity. Can't help thinking till where would Momota fare, had he been playing. Semis perhaps. I don't think he'd reach final.

Congrats to CL. He will be a strong contender at Tokyo too.

18. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Other notable absentees are Tian Houwei (WR 6) and Hans-Kristian Vittinghus (WR 10). It's a pity really that at olympics they don't have the best players. Same with WS. In Superseries tournament level of play is actually higher.

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

No doubt on paper, Super Series is harder to win. But in the head, Olympics (and World Champs) is hardest to win.

Bohy, gjoo888 and Rob3rt like this.
  20. Baddyforall

Not only indian badminton fans. Go and see youtube , you may find all colours from all over the world using all kind of words in the dictionary to express their distress on Carolina for her arrogance and attrocious behaviours on court.;)

Your target on " indian badminton fans " is futile .:)

Her interview alone proves it.