Show us your badminton shoes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sgbad, Mar 28, 2008.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Japan. And Japan only. It's a Japan only model.

Oh and off topic but @InvincibleAjay , everytime I see your nick I think of Jayaram..... :p

2. phorge

phorge Regular Member

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

That's 02MD if you're replying to the query of the left shoe. Not LTD.

And the orange purple combo is out since May. See the 02 thread.

4. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Had mentioned earlier in this thread that this color variation was only for players. Wanted to correct that.

Still called as the LTD in the poster below.

13329502_1186613708037748_7645845472652567342_o.jpg

5. MistrYpsilon

MistrYpsilon Regular Member

IT
    Here is my new shoes ,Aerus orange

it looks amazing ! I prefer yellow/green ,but I have orange ,but color is not too important :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Please don't call yourself advanced if you think Badminton and Tennis shoes are basically the same :(

Cycril likes this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Still in the getting-used-to phase. Stable, but not as high around the ankle as the SHB-87 Ltd, and stiffer sole in the forefoot area. Might get an extra pair of Aerus for competition....but they're so pricy....hard decisions.

The picture is noticeably on the orange side of things - in reality, the shoes are more reddish. Blame my phone. :D

8. Rylie

Rylie New Member

Sorry but I don't see shoes as badminton shoes, tennis shoes, basketball shoes, etc. I get whichever shoes I think would suit me playing badminton by judging every aspect of the shoes myself. Because IMO limiting your choices on badminton shoes alone would greatly narrow your options.

I never said they are the same. The only reason I bought it because it fulfilled my personal criteria for badminton shoes and so far those shoes performs really well for me, plenty of cushioning for my heavy weight and amazing grip on the court (never slipped on me on either on mat or concrete court). They might be different but I haven't experience any problem with mine so yeah :D.

Anyway I think I'm getting a new pair of shoes soon possibly either Adidas Quickforce 7.1/Wucht P8 or either Yonex Aerus/02, but for now I'm saving up for Victor JS12 since I just broke my beloved JS10 in 2 pieces:(

#1048 Rylie, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. visor

visor Regular Member

Agree with j4ckie, even volleyball or basketball shoes would be better for badminton than tennis outdoor shoes. The problem with tennis shoes is that they're a bit high and the edges are sharper, so the risk of an ankle rolling over is much higher.

10. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    My personal experience - four years back i was bored of yonex and thought of trying something different... I tried adidas, nike, puma, wilson, tennis shoes, basketball shoes and few local brands too. Every pair of shoes i used i found them good. Meanwhile i injured my knee and the pain lasted for quite long time than usual. Couple of months back i decided to try yonex again. Bought Aerus. Would spare the praises and all which are already been done but the striking feature was the firm and comfortable grip in awkward position in the back of the court. I badly missed it over these years.

Conclusion - I will stick to 'badminton shoes' rather than trying out tennis, basketball etc shoes. Preferably yonex. Might give li ning / mizuno / victor a try but not sure.

11. Rylie

Rylie New Member

Yes, I do agree, but If you actually see the one I'm using the edges aren't that sharp at all, it is rounded. As for the height as long as it's not too high but still provides me a comfortable support for my weight then I'm all in:D

It's likely I'm getting Yonex Aerus next so I hope it will have enough support for me.

Thanks for your feedback J4ckie and visor!

12. Rylie

Rylie New Member

Makes me want to buy Aerus now :eek:. But need to replace my racket first :(

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Depending on your weight, perhaps the Yonex SC6 EX series or Comfort Tour series would be more cushioning for you if you're on the heavy side. Many European players wear them, like Boe/Mo, Jorgensen, etc.

14. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Aerus's insole might appear lame at first sight. But they do a decent job in keeping the feet comfortable. Someone had mentioned about Aerus + some other shoe's insole (cannot recall which thread) as a good combo.

#1054 paroxysmal, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While i agree that you shouldnt narrow your choices to one particular brand or shoes branded for a certain sport, you did in fact say that badminton and tennis shoes were nearly the same, which is simply not the case. There are key differences because the movements are not similar, in general tennis shoes are heavier and have a thicker, stiffer sole. You might not notice as much, being on the heavier side (and thus the shoe having a smaller relative weight for you/your legs), and maybe it even suits you better than a badminton shoe would, but you're not an average body type for an advanced player, who would be lighter and probably prefers a thinner sole with better feeling for the court and an overall lighter shoe for quicker feet.

This is not meant to attack you or debase your preference - if the shoes suit you, good for you! :)
    My issue was with you declaring yourself advanced, which is done suspiciously often in this forum ;)

16. Rylie

Rylie New Member

Thank you for your recommendations! I have been reading about those 2 and I can say that I am really interested since both seem have excellent cushioning. Do Yonex SC6 and Comfort Tour have any notable differences in particular?

I see, I think I have read about Aerus+other insole too which I would consider if I ever bought the shoes. The only reason I was interested in Aerus was because I heard it was light and I haven't had any light shoes for badminton before, I have a little concern regarding the durability and cushioning though but I have read good things about it so nevertheless I'm still interested in trying a pair:D... or I would probably wait for Aerus 2 to be released.

In regard of the shoes that's probably the case :D. I only mentioned that I was somewhere between intermediate-advance level because I have learned and played badminton routinely at my local club since I was 9 y.o. The only thing that drags me down is my excessive love for food, which I'm desperately trying to cut lately, hence my weight. I am on the heavier side of a 180+ cm person so yeah :oops:

Anyway, I will be posting new pics in the future after I buy a new pair!

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Shoes are the only equipment that should be tested and tried out in person. The fit and feel and requirements of our feet are very individual.

The SC6 EX was already one of the most cushiony badminton shoe around, but the Comfort Tour now takes that title by being even more cushiony... almost to the point of a basketball shoe. Best for you to try them at the store first.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha nothing wrong with that. Not everyone has to prioritize badminton and/or being slim, just do whatever makes you happy :D the Aerus are a very flat, light shoe with not a whole lot of cushioning, so be careful, especially if you're on the heavy side of things - you'll have to watch out for your joints even more.
    Maybe wait with getting an extra flat shoe until you've dropped a bit in weight. It's not the end of the world if you already bought them though, not everyone has the same needs and I've seen lots of sturdier people use the Aerus and appear happy with them.

19. sherwingotmail

sherwingotmail Regular Member

whats the best all time badminton shoes for you guys ??

20. phorge

phorge Regular Member