Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Lots of interesting comments here...

I said from the beginning that JS12 is not a replacement for BS12, but I do feel it will be a successor for many. Let's be realistic, you cannot expect a racket with different technology and specifications to play exactly the same as another racket.

JS12 is slightly stiffer and more head heavy compared to BS12. I said this ages ago. However, many top players who previously used BS12 have successfully swapped over to JS12. Amateur players have done this also. This is simply a very good racket. It will not suit everyone - no racket can perform that miracle.

The great aspect of this forum is that we are passionate badminton players who come together to discuss our sport. We are all different, we all have ideals about what makes YOUR perfect racket. Sometimes we are in agreement and other times we can be worlds apart. That's part of the charm of this game and every racket that comes along. Nobody knows whether it will suit you or not.

For those players who love BS12, that's fine. However, you already know that Victor has ceased production of this racket and therefore it is a matter of time before you cannot purchase again. When your BS12 breaks then that's it, you will need to find another racket. Maybe JS12 will not be the right one for you. However, for many players, they have already switched to JS12 and love it. In time they will be looking for another racket because new technology and the continuing changes from manufacturers will force this on you.

In closing, let's simply accept these are two different rackets. For some it's an easy migration from BS12 to JS12 and for others it's not going to work. That doesn't mean either racket is weak, poor etc. It simply means something clicks with you and one particular racket. Play with that racket until time calls a halt on it and you have to look again. in the meantime enjoy your badminton.

One final point. Finding the elusive racket that fits you like a glove is almost a myth. For some players it happens, for others it's a never ending search. However, no matter which camp you are in, a new racket is not going to solve your badminton problems. Coaching does a far better job to help you become a better player. So let's not pretend that a new racket is going to act like a magic wand, although at times it can give you a few extra points.

2. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant

I said from the beginning that JS12 is not a replacement for BS12, but I do feel it will be a successor for many. Let's be realistic, you cannot expect a racket with different technology and specifications to play exactly the same as another racket.

JS12 is slightly stiffer and more head heavy compared to BS12. I said this ages ago. However, many top players who previously used BS12 have successfully swapped over to JS12. Amateur players have done this also. This is simply a very good racket. It will not suit everyone - no racket can perform that miracle.

The great aspect of this forum is that we are passionate badminton players who come together to discuss our sport. We are all different, we all have ideals about what makes YOUR perfect racket. Sometimes we are in agreement and other times we can be worlds apart. That's part of the charm of this game and every racket that comes along. Nobody knows whether it will suit you or not.

For those players who love BS12, that's fine. However, you already know that Victor has ceased production of this racket and therefore it is a matter of time before you cannot purchase again. When your BS12 breaks then that's it, you will need to find another racket. Maybe JS12 will not be the right one for you. However, for many players, they have already switched to JS12 and love it. In time they will be looking for another racket because new technology and the continuing changes from manufacturers will force this on you.

In closing, let's simply accept these are two different rackets. For some it's an easy migration from BS12 to JS12 and for others it's not going to work. That doesn't mean either racket is weak, poor etc. It simply means something clicks with you and one particular racket. Play with that racket until time calls a halt on it and you have to look again. in the meantime enjoy your badminton.

One final point. Finding the elusive racket that fits you like a glove is almost a myth. For some players it happens, for others it's a never ending search. However, no matter which camp you are in, a new racket is not going to solve your badminton problems. Coaching does a far better job to help you become a better player. So let's not pretend that a new racket is going to act like a magic wand, although at times it can give you a few extra points.

3. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant

4. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@visor: thanks for your hint. Just pulled the trigger and get to the JS 12 3U at my local store... can't wait to use it on court!

visor likes this.
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Always best to buy at your local stores. Especially if you prefer warranty coverage or have import troubles like Europe. Unless you're like me. You blow the warranty on tension by day 1 or string high tension everytime.

6. esppy

esppy Regular Member

.... Okay, must be really really laggy internet or really really keen for people to notice this to triple post the importance and miss out typing your url.....

But to be frank, its so hot right now this JS12, I can't even get 3 pcs of 3u and 1 pc of 4u for my mates. Not sure when it'll come...

#526 esppy, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  7. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Victor, now we need replacement of BS12!

8. Kiyoshi

Kiyoshi New Member

Paul is doing a good summary here. BS12 and JS12 are two different rackets. To be honest JS12 is a good racket. And I love it after switching from my BS12/HX800/JS10 on my first few trial. It is an answer who has a mix and well balance of those technology.

And Paul message is clear , everyone has their preferable racket, but that one may not suit everyone .

Sometimes words can be misleading. Because not all of us can be that expressive by descriptive wordings. The truth can only be told by your own trial experience. So Victor is doing a good job in Taiwan, they organise trial section event in Taiwan local sport house to let players try the new product out.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Frankly speaking, when someone writes a review of a new racket, it should be prefaced that ultimately (surprise, surprise) it's not the racket doing the hitting but the player, that it's the technique that matters, that coaching would help, that pros can play with any spec racket and still beat the pants off you and me, etc. Of course, all that is true.

But the most important part of a racket review is when it compares how the racket plays relative to the current well known standards of various specs, like Yonex ZF2, Arc11, NR900, AT900, Victor JS10, BS12, etc.

If this JS12 is said to potentially replace the BS12, then this means that they play the same or at least almost the same. But quelle surprise, they don't!

To me, from just dry swinging, JS12 feels more like a slightly more user friendly JS10 with a larger head, which is quite welcome. Way different from a BS12. Anyone buying this thinking to replace their trusty old BS12 would very much be in for a unpleasant surprise.

It would have been nice if Victor had provided some useful specs of balance and shaft stiffness like in the past, instead of letting us guess. At least they could've placed it somewhere on a racket matrix so that we have a relative idea of how it plays compared to other Victor rackets. It's already hard enough looking to try new rackets, so why make it harder for the consumer in his search for a new weapon?

spyweb likes this.
  10. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

I just pulled the trigger on a JS12 3U malaysian player coded. I'll be putting it up against my ZF1, ZF2 and Bravesword 15. Hope it'll surprise me!

11. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

So, let's try JS10 ! Caus' for me, it's the replacement !

I tried for 2 hours my new JS12 in 4U and I didn't love it compared to my JS10 4U
    I found it was heavy and it was less aerodynamic yet it's only 2g more than the JS10 :-(

I will try it again tomorrow and I hope my opinion will change, I don't want to sell it...

12. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Sorry for the triple post guys. My laptop was showing that nothing was happening and I thought I'd lost it completely.

I'm kinda wise enough from being around badminton for over 35 years to understand that a racket cannot be replaced, especially with different technology etc. Nothing feels the same as the original racket you like, except another that is close to the same weight etc. Even 2 Bravesword 12's at opposite ends of the tolerance will feel and play different.

I'm also conscious that marketing hype plays a part and some players simply buy off this. Personally, i don't care what is in the racket from a technology standpoint. I never measure BP or head weight. I just pick up the racket and feel how it plays.

I'm really enjoying JS12, although I tested a different string in it this week and the string was lousy. No feel, string moved a lot. Whilst i still enjoyed the feel of the racket, the result in the hitting was less that great. I know which string works for me and when applied to this racket, there is a marked improvement in performance.

At some stage next week I'll begin writing my review. In some ways I'm dreading it because I'll receive the same critical comments from the Yonex crowd, but hey, that's life.

To close, JS12 is not a replacement for BS12, but it may be its successor. I don't know of any other racket that has been met with such praise from the professional players, however, time will tell if they are still using it a year from now.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

justinloong likes this.
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

All the more reason to start weighing your rackets, no?

IME from weighing multiple rackets at the store, I can quite easily say Yonex rackets somehow have pretty tight tolerances, much tighter than Victor. So, two random Arc11 swing quite the same, whereas two random JS10 may not.

The next step in racket spec measurement would be if we can somehow easily measure and quantify the shaft flex, kick point not withstanding. I'm pretty sure the shaft feels and gets flexier over time with play.

14. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Shafts do get flexier with play. I got some chance to measure used rackets from players and they were significant flexier than they should be.

visor likes this.
  15. Whitehwk

Whitehwk Regular Member

Hi Paul , avid reader of your reviews, really enjoy them and agree with most of them and your viewpoints.
    Am heavily considering the JS12 3U, really itching to read your written/video review soon.
    Have been a huge fan of the Bravesword series b'cos of their frame , one of the concerns i have on JS12 are that some user's feedbacks
    been mentioning it is slightly laggier/ not as smooth swing as the bravesword series, is it true ?

16. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I jz bought a js 12 3u stringed with li ning no 5, 4 knot 31 30lb. same configuration as 2 of my bs 12 blue color, li ning n9, li ning n90 iii and zf 2. I found that although the js12 is a tad slower compared to bs12 but I feel that it makes up for the power it packs in. The js 12 is a little slower in defence but placing of the return is more predicatable and it is easier to clear and control compared to bs12. In my opinion I find that js 12 is more a all rounder where the bs 12 is more of a defensive racquet.

JS 12 is a racquet that is great for defence yet it still can be very good in attacks. Although the smashes are not as great but it is very predictable and accurate. Smashes are more powerful than bs 12 yet what amazes me is that you can smash and drop are very predictable mayb due to the slight stiffer frame compared to bs 12. Net plays are excellent and comparable to vzf2.

In my opinion js 12 is designed for players to control the game rather than a racket which u could only chose to defend or attack.

17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Whitehwk

It is true that JS12 isn't as fast as a BS12. However, the difference is marginal. The JS12 head is heavier and shaft a touch stiffer so it obviously going to be slower. That said it's still a very fast racket. It's not as quick as JS10 either but that doesn't make it a lesser racket. It simply begins to show us its characteristics. For me JS12 hits harder than BS12 or JS10 and defends just as well. I have pretty fast hands and therefore I don't particularly have issues with getting my racket in the right place for defence.

BS12 cuts through the air so sweet it is has a very unique feel. The only rackets that are similar in feeling are other Bravesword frames in the series. To me I would have retained BS12 and perhaps considered adding either the 11 or 10. Possibly I would have selected more up-to-date graphics for the range but possibly left the iconic 12 alone. However, that's life. We will have to play without it.

JS12 has already become my racket of choice. I have already adapted to it because it's that user friendly. For the marginal loss in racket head speed, I gain more in the solid and sturdy racket head that provides more power for less swing. That's a trade off I can easily live with.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Porky and Whitehwk like this.
  18. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    As for me JS10 3U hits harder than JS12 3U. All of my friends agreed and they had similar opinion that JS10 performed much better than JS12

19. Whitehwk

Whitehwk Regular Member

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for your input, shall take note of it.
    On a side note , my main is Brave sword 15 (fantastic imo) and occasionally brave sword 12 (mainly for doubles). I tried BRS 11, but it always feel numb to me, might have been the stringer's issue. JS 10 4U is very nifty but a tad stiff for my liking , cant seem to get consistent far drives with it, thus a slightly more flex shaft is a big welcome for me. Shame i am addicted to the unique feeling that Braveswords dish out, but am looking for a balanced one for my single plays , this might be it.

Whitehwk

20. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Hi, I am quite intrigued by JS12. However, I am not sure I should go for 3U or 4U. I only play doubles and use 3U nanoray z speed. I heard that JS 12 3U swing weight is bigger than 3U z speed, is that true? I like z speed very much but it is a bit head heavy for my liking, should I go for 4U JS12?